Are dreams only for children?

So I came across this Japanese ad the other day, and this came to mind. The ad was showing how young children were excitedly talking about their dreams, while the adults will go along the lines of 'Maybe' or 'I think so' when asked if they believe that they'll ever fulfill their dreams. Reason cited - Society.

I feel that it's a really meaningful piece (thanks Japan) and it made me relook on how far I've came in life and all the dreams I once had and almost forgotten.

Do you believe that dreams are for children? Or are they applicable to adults too? Share your thoughts.

• I'm <18. I believe that I can fulfill my dreams.
  • I'm <18. I feel that dreams are not realistic. Why?
  • I'm >18. I believe that I can fulfill my dreams as long as I work for them.
  • I'm >18. I feel that dreams do not come true. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone has dreams. At all ages. The types of dreams are probably very different because kids have less experience and a more narrow view on what adult life is really like. When I was little I dreamed about being an ice hockey player making millions. Playing a sport I love and getting paid for it. Haha. Later I realized that's not how it works. But that doesn't mean I don't have dreams anymore. My dreams are changing over the years as I gain more experience. My fingers are crossed on a great job I found. I know I can do it. So my dream is set and I know I can fulfill it. I got other dreams of course but I haven't worked hard enough to fulfill them.

Well-said. Thank you for sharing your opinion. It was a great insight :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that dreams are only for children. Everybody can have dreams, even an 80 year old.
    What happens is that, as we get older our dreams start changing. As we change our outlook on life. But most of times, there's a always a way to make them come true.
    So, yes, I believe I can fulfill my dreams.

What Guys Said 8

• Definetely not. Your dreams are your objectives and they can be achieved if you work for them. Just adults have more realistic views on what they can achieve and they can measure the difficulty of reaching their objectives, so many of them just give up.

• i think its because when we are kids, life is very simple and easy to us, but as we grow up we start facing worst problems which never ends and just kept getting worst and worst. so we get more sad and depressed as we grow up and our dreams die. but everyone should never give up, we should always motivate our self and try to do better

• EVERYBODY has some sort of dream, but a lot of people give up on those dreams when you get older.

• Dreams are for everyone

• The problem is people keep dreaming what they need is to wake up and do that dream , I am above 18 and yes I can fulfill my dream god's willing

• My dreams have become objectives and fillfiling them is my mission now.

• yesssssssssssssss

• Dreams are one more factor that helps you get through life.

What Girls Said 2

• Our dreams change and become more realistic overtime. The dreams I had as a child are different than the dreams and goals I have now in college. :)

• dreams are what keeps me alive