Should Americans just vote white this election?

A protest vote (also known as a blank vote or white vote) is a vote cast in an election to demonstrate the voter's dissatisfaction with the choice of candidates or refusal of the current political system.

• Yes
  • No
1mo Why no? Nobody is honestly happy with the candidates that we have to choose from.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i said 'YES' on this poll, but unfortunately i think that whatever you do, even if you vote white government will find a way to turn that into something positive for themselves. the same thing happened in my country - lots of people hated our current president and didn't want to vote for him (not just people i know, but newspapers and tv shows and everything was against him). still, he won the huge majority and everybody was shocked...

I wish you americans good luck. it's not that i'm pro hillary, but trump is a redneck businessman without elementary knowledge.

What Guys Said 26

• I think it's a dumb idea personally. Pick the person who represents you best, not the one who fits you perfectly (unless there is a candidate who does, then by all means) because you won't find your perfect fit. Not voting won't change the system. Some people exist in this weird reality where they think that there actions will some day cause no one to vote, and this will lead to some systemic change. If you live in the real world, you know this will never happen, and there will always be thousands of people who choose to vote... and those votes will count, no matter how few. So not voting for the reason of protest will do nothing. I think it was a Rothschild or JP Morgan who once said (paraphrasing..), "protest all you want, just as long as you pay your taxes"

• you can do it as protest... but if many people do it, the risk that the shittier person of the two wins is even higher.

So, lets say you don't like Hillary but absolutely hate Trump... then it's better to vote for Hillary.

• Don't waste your vote. I have enormous respect for Jill Stein. She's a doctor, highly intelligent, highly articulate, and can answer your question about their policies, and will likely represent the people much better than the big parties who tend to look after the big-end of town. Having a minor party president would also force the government to pass legislation based purely on it's merits.

• 3|0
  • im voting orange

• Yeah, of all the jokes I've seen and heard, the 2016 Election for the Us is the biggest one yet. Cunt vs cunt, WHO WILL WIN?

• I think it's funny how this poll more or less represents most of the nationwide polls of Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton.

• Why not just vote for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson? If you all picked one of them, that would at least make an impact and help break up the 2 party system.

• I am voting trump
    Hillary makes no sense

I hate democracies, I want an authoritarian republic, headed by a dictator who cares about the American people, not progressive agendas, foreign entanglement, and pleasing bankers.

Any candidate who says the federal reserve needs to be removed, and American need to print their own currency, is the person who will win my vote.

• I would maybe not be a bad idea.

• Yes the election will be mess and we should vote for no candidate i agree
    I don't support the term vote white for this election how about change it
    to vote no candidate. Sorry it sounds bit racist.

• If you're gonna protest vote, why not just vote Jill Stein?

• Bad idea. Why even bother voting?

• Great story and great display of good vs evil this election. No need to show refusal to the election system by not voting. This year we are lucky and we can vote for the refusal of the system by voting Donald J Trump, grab America by the pussy

• No! that's retarded. It's not going to count for anything nor even noted..

• Sure but how would you plan on making everybody in the nation agree to this?

• There won't be enough doing it, so it wouldn't really change anything.

• They should have voted ' white' in the last election.

• No-------I want Hillary to win.

• Are you voting?

• Vote white? Isn't that a bit racist?

• No they should play their part in making America great. If Hillary wins she will sell whats left of the country to the Chinese.

• So I guess vote for none of the above?

• One of them is going to win the election. By casting a vote for one of them/against the other one, you can help to decide the outcome of the election. No one cares about your protest vote; it is a wasted vote. No one in the political parties will change one thing that they do because 15,000 young people casted protest votes. You may as well drive over to the Atlantic Ocean, squat down and pee in the water to try to raise the tide.

• I thought the white votes were going for Trump?

• Yeah, I wasn't going to vote in the presidential one. Just local/state stuff.

What Girls Said 7

• Why isn't Bernie Sanders a candidate again? I wish he made it to the elections, he was the best choice so far.

• If anything a write in is a better way to make a point than no vote. And I've never heard leaving the ballot black as being a "white" vote. people will misinterpret your ideology by calling it such.

• What exactly is a protest vote going to accomplish? A too large fraction of the population doesn't vote to begin with. When we are lazy and not engaged in our political system what do you expect?
    The only time most people even think about politics is during the election season. I don't see how lack of engagement can be compensated by a lack of engagement. I can only name four government officials from my home state on the top of my head and only because they are running for the senate. When we only pay attention to politics once a year or when a law gets passed we don't agree with. What do expect? From this election on I will cast my ballot and I will pay more attention to what's happening to my country instead of ignoring politics until it is time to elect a president. I deserve better and my country deserves better.

• I wish... At this point I could vote myself and I would get more vote than them.

• Uh no lol

• That's exactly why I'm voting 3rd party.

• because I don't believe it would do anything and we may be stuck with the worse of the 2 evils.