Guys, What are guys opinions on pregnancy and periods and giving birth?

Do they feel sorry for them or jealous that they get to carry the baby?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm absolutely fascinated with the female experience, and with way more than just periods, pregnancy, and childbirth. It extends to F/F friendships, mother/daughter relationships, growing up, falling in love, how society sees you and treats you, what things are surprisingly similar to being male and what things are completely different, what makes you "betray" your gender, what you think of men in various aspects of life, what it's like to be physically weaker (generally), how you gain, maintain, and wield power, what courtship is like, and, of course, what sex feels like.

I wonder these things because I'm a person who is intellectually curious. If I were born female, I would be just as curious about what being a man is like.

But curiosity and fascination are not the same thing as jealousy. I'm not jealous. I got the cheap-and-easy role in reproduction and I'm not going to complain about it.

I grew up in a family that is practically all male (except for my mother and grandmothers, of course). I always thought guys who grew up with sisters were very lucky and had a huge advantage interacting with women. But now I live with my wife and two daughters (13 & 11) and I finally get to see the other side of things. I was lucky enough to see the births of my daughters first hand and I went to every appointment with my wife during her pregnancies. My wife and I talk a lot about our experiences as a man and a woman and we talk to our daughters a lot about gender issues, growing up, and what not. When we do this, I learn from them as much as I teach. The older one had her first period two weeks ago and my wife was already at work. I was thrilled that she was comfortable enough with me to talk about it and have me help her out. (There were no pads in the house.)

Do I feel sorry for women? Hmm. I empathized with my wife when she was in labor. I've provided the pain relief from periods many times. (Massages, bringing analgesics, opening a bottle of wine.) I also know horrible things happen to women and girls all over the world simply because they are female. Lack of educational opportunity, FGM, sex work, human trafficking, rape. In these cases, "feeling sorry" doesn't seem enough.

:-)

What Guys Said 6

• I'm in awe of girls' bodies. It's amazing what they're able to do. I can't say I'm jealous about it 'cause I'm very happy being a guy. But girls' reproductive biology is fascinating.

• Can't speak for others but no I've never even thought those things

• I feel sorry. The fuck would I want to be a raving lunatic for 9 months for?

To be closer to the child

I know, but damn, my aunt was a complete mess lol. She flipped out on me while driving and scrapped the side of the car on a pot near a gas pump. I did love rubbing her tummy though...

• on the one hand, i´m sad that i´m not given the choice to give birth and therefore never experience that special bond to your child but on the other hand, i´m not all that eager to experience the pain of giving birth and periods xD

• theyre natural parts of being a female

• Feel bad but certainly not jealous