How to handle dogs?

So I just got a new job handling dogs at a kennel.

Except... I have no experience with dogs. πŸ˜… I do love animals.

What do I do if it tries to get out of its leash? How do I properly discipline bad behaviour? What sets dogs off? Is eye contact bad or good? πŸ•πŸΆπŸ©

Most Helpful Guy

• Confidence. If you are fearful a dog will sense it and dogs get fearful since they do not like unpredictability. Dogs are also pack animals. They want you to be the leader of their pack so you have to act like it. Also watch the dogs body language for clues.

Most Helpful Girl

• They can smell your fear, just act normal, if they try something tricky keep a strong eye contact or smile, both can work. A dog will be ok with you as long as you act normal, when they feel you fear them, they will try think you are a thief or a danger so they'll attack you.

What Guys Said 2

• Dogs are pack animals. You need to be the packleader. Confidence, chest out, do what dogs do to each other like a bit stronger pinching its neck if they don't behave, etc.

• tighten its collar and pull hard on its leash to choke it. They will then learn to obey you

What Girls Said 1

• You'll be taught what to do