If given the choice?

If you had the cash would A continue to rely on the electric companys B have solar panels or C have a windmill?

• A. Electric company
  • B. solar panels
  • C. windmill

Most Helpful Guy

• For simple reliability, you cannot beat the current source of power. Solar and wind have the potential to augment that source, but both are still ridiculously unreliable sources.

In the US, a majority of the continent has less than 200 days of sunshine per year. The same with wind. What makes wind power even more unecological, is the fact so many wind mills kill birds. That's something you rarely will read, but it is a fact!

If solar and wind power was so good, you'd have business after business starting up to make a profit on that type of power. I looked into adding solar panels to my house. The approximate cost was about $20,000. The payback time (to recoup the cost) was something like 15-18 years. The lifespan of the panels? About 14-16 years. What's the point? And I STILL had to be connected to the wire during that time!

Most Helpful Girl

• Solar panels as of right now, are a waste in the USA. Its more money to build and install them then they last. It would make sense if you were somewhere where you can't get normal electricity I. e. iran, Iraq, places in the middle east where its commonly sunny most of the day every day. Wind mills are only economically and fiscally sound and states or areas constantly in high wind speeds, because the cost of repairs and cost to build costs more then they provide through electricity. Its all about trying to find clean energy in a economically and fiscally sound way. I'm all about finding and alternative source of energy but if its damaging the economics of our country then its best to use the resources we already use and improve upon the clean energy sources.

What Guys Said 14

• Honestly even though solar and wind is cleaner, I would still go with electric companies. The reason is because they're much more reliable unlike the other 2 choices you've listed, the weather is unpredictable but the processes used by the current electric companies are pretty damn reliable. Also solar panels won't do too much good since they're expensive as hell to install and maintain if anything goes on with it, same with a windmill. But if you said some other things like hydro or geothermal, I would go with that since they're much better lol

• I'll have a windmill and solar as a backup :D

• Windmills kill to many birds.

• A. B and C are both complimentary, one on its own will not be sufficient to guarantee steady and reliable power (when it's sunny, it's not often windy, and vice versa).

Tidal, hydro or geothermal are far better.

• Electric bill isn't too bad but if I had the money I would go off the grid and get solar panels. if not completely completely off the grid at least partially

• A--Electric company is my first option.

• Solar panels. I live in Florida so sunlight isn't an issue.

• wind turbine

• I would consider both B and C.

• Windmill and electric company. Solar panel isn't worth it

• 0|0
  • I'd choose the solar panels, because there have been windmills which burnt down due to storms.

• we have solar panels and we have no more electric bill at the end of the month

• I like solar panels, but the ones on the roofs can sometimes be a fire hazard. Better to keep them on the ground level whenever possible in case they ever become too hot and a fire happens.

What Girls Said 0