Are you scared of Global Warming?

And how we may have failed to stop it?

Follow up to my other question

Most Helpful Girl

• Having lived in a country where pollution is a HUGE issue (china) people should be worried and it is very very much real. Just living there for 2 years was enough for my eyes (and some of my family members) to become affected badly, and some days just being outside gave me a bad headache, made me feel sick, and my throat was almost always sore (until you just got used to the feeling). I even know someone who died recently of cancer which quite clearly was caused by the pollution, for a matter of fact cancer caused by pollution, more so specifically lung cancer is the leading cause of death in China. People who are saying global warming is a hoax don't know what they're are talking about. When you have experienced pollution in the level that I have you know how much it affects the environment and atmosphere, you can feel it, you can even fucking smell it, its contaminating the ground and food, heck once we were even told not to go outside because one factory had contaminated the rain clouds to the point that it was dangerous, just seeing all the smog in the air - global warming is not even a question, its a fact. The current human activity is heavily affecting the environment and the people themselves and its just amplifying the natural climate change, fucking the world over x10 more than it might've.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm frightened only because humans won't do anything until we are at the brink of a serious disaster. We tend to be very reactionary like that.

Our best hope is to develop ways to live independent of Earth. Our species is tied to our planet so its fate is our fate at the moment.

What Girls Said 10

• Yep, scared and depressed. In my country, the new millenium has been a constant stream of hottest-years-on-record, terrible droughts, catastrophic bushfires, coral bleaching in the Great Barrier Reef, species extinctions, then cyclones and floods. I don't know how many times scientists have to say that human global warming increases the chance of extreme weather events before people will put two and two together. But everyone keeps voting for governments determined to pass the buck to the next generation. I think it's insane

• Personally afraid? No, I'm in a country where I think we'll have food even if other parts of the world suffer, because it's been that way all my way. If they price up meat-ok, fine, I'll eat more vegetables and grains and survive.
    Afraid for people with less resources or a stable government, yes.

• Nope. People can't stop it, if it IS actually caused by people, and not simply a natural cycle (thats what I believe) than only our extinction would end it...

• Yeah I am. Sadly I don't think there is much we can do to stop it

• IIRC, the Pentagon regards it as a threat to national security.

• On a global scale yes, but personally, not really.

• No it's been going on now for millions of years now. We can't stop it.

• Lowkey yeah.

• Yeup especially since Leonar Dicaprio cares about it now.

• Yeah I am especially worried for my kids.

What Guys Said 24

• I think we're more than likely going to destroy ourselves from war than global warming or climate change at this point.

But even if we do save this planet from the destruction from the effects of global warming and climate change in which we humans are responsible for, the Earth isn't going to last forever either. It's all futile either way. We could only postpone and delay the inevitable.

Eventually the Sun will die also and therefore it will vaporize and destroy our planet along with it. But that's a very long way from now from 7 billion or 8 billion years from now.

And then there's all the other various existential risks, such as giant meteors, supervolcanoes, or a deadly pandemic or plague that is completely unexpected and are just beyond any of our control.

• Definitely, I saw the Leonardo DiCaprio documentary because it had good information in it. Before the flood, I actually posted it on here, and its on YouTube. We need to change. He problem is the right wing dumbasses and disbelievers that engulf our planet. We can't get much of anything positive done.

• Not for myself, no. But a lot of people are going to die.

• Yes I am scared because I think the effects will snowball meaning the domino effect from each new change will be bigger than last. It is the kinda thing we have to address now before it is too late to fix it.

Fix?
      What is this fix you speak of?
      Our country is more concerned with a criminal and an idiot...

@SmokemJay Fix is just a general term - Enviromental protection measures etc, I am no scholar so I don't know what needs to be done but I am sure there are plenty who know what needs to be done.

Twas meant to be a joke my friend. Gotta work on my delivery...
      Look we live in jolly ol 'Murica... look at our deteriorating culture and all the fuckery that we promote...

Look what makes headlines in OUR NEWS... NOBODY and I mean nobody cares. We're more concerned with the selfie, leggings, and 2 bigots (one a criminal and one an idiot)...

• Not truthfully. What we SHOULD be worried about is the expenditure of valuable resources.

This video explains the global warming issue pretty well. It's a real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWXoRSIxyIU

• Nothing will happen. If it does, will be a long, long, long, long time from now.

I couldn't care less

• I see a bunch of blue pill posters here. So sad! Global warming can be solved quite easily. Just pay your carbon taxes to Al Gore and the United Nations. They will fix the problem. Yea, right...

Does anyone here know what "junk science" is? Why do you people beg to be scammed? Has anyone here ever heard of the Climategate emails? This issue was officially exposed as a fraud back in 2009.

• I definitely am concerned. Our parents' generation really dropped the ball on this one, the most destructive generation to the planet.

• We haven't changed the world economy enough.
    The technology to use more renewable energy is there but many countries still continue to burn gas and coal.
    There are even ways to make clean energy from coal but it's too expensive so companies just don't do it.

• Only because we are too concerned with fighting and squabbling amongst ourselves as a species to stop keeping all our eggs in the one basket called planet Earth.

• The global warming narrative is a lie.
    Look up Climategate, which exposed how the data was falsified.
    It is a scam to shut down the First World and fund a global government.

• Climate change is scary Personally for myself not that much but if practically every single glacier in he world is receding you have to think of the economical impact it will have on major civilisations.

What makes it sacry is that we have no meteorlogical data showing what or how fast climate change with our catalyst beeing poored into it will happen. And venus... how long does it take before it rains motlen lead?

• im not scared by it. I am worried though. Its a massive problem that has been largely over looked and our ancestors will look back and think "what the fuck were those idiots doing?"

also, its amazing how many people are still blind to all the evidence tht has been compiled.

• Global warming is bullshit served to you by the media and other assholes. I mean it is a thing, but a totally natural thing that happened a billion times in the past and has nothing to do with humans

"Global warming is bullshit" is also served to you by the media...

certain media outlets also feed the otherside of the coin into peoples minds too

I haven't really seen that. And if it happens, it happens rarely

• It's a problem, but humanity as a group is too stupid to deal with it. Just prepare accordingly on your own and for your family.

• Nope.

• No, I think it's overblown.

• No, I am not. I finally wanna go surfing here in Germany.

• Nope and nope.

• yeah i am

• It concerns me. I don't know if we'll ever stop it though

• Little bit. People still think it's a myth

• Yes i believe that Fracking is leading to Global Warming.

• If your're outside a developed country and/or near the equator, I would be quite concerned.