What did adults say that you would outgrow, but you didn't?

When you were younger, some adults probably told you "you'll outgrow that sooner or later". As you got older though, you never did. What did adults tell you that you'd outgrow, but you still do it?

Most Helpful Girl

• During my teens years I always watched horror films even on Valentines Day. They always told my parents, " oh she she's not in love yet and doesn't understand how to be loved, when she gets older she will stop.
    Well I'm 24, I have a boyfriend that treats me like a queen I feel so loved and I love him with all my heart, and I still watch horror films but this time instead of being alone watching it my boyfriend watches it with me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• My clumsiness.

• Video games, toys, manga and comics, coloring books and crayons.
    My fucking food allergies.
    Building blanket forts and sleeping in them.
    Add. My mom still gets surprised to find out I still have symptoms of this, as if I should be cured of this by now?
    Playing with swords and knives.
    Playing in the creek
    Oh my god I'm a fucking child. Lmfao. This is a bit disappointing.

• Disney movies.

• Disney movies and a ridiculous soft spot for animals

• My parents just wanted me to be happy lol but like every teenager, I went through some different stages

• My love for ice cream.. Yeah guess what? I still love ice cream. Sometimes more than humans.

• I still have an irrational fear of balloons and the dark.

Whenever I used to stay over at my now ex-boyfriend's house I had to have a nightlight on or I wouldn't sleep.

I just hate balloons. My brother used to pop them in my face and now I shrivel up when I have to get near one lol.

• My anger. Turns out I have two mental disorders. Thanks world for noticing.

• My ADHD/ADD and my anxiety. Yeah, nope, they're worse

• Nintendo.:))) i'll never get over those lovely bastards!

• my social anxiety, my dad thinks I'm just shy and that there's nothing wrong with me -_-

• Nice question @BCRanger10

For me it's gaming and disney movies

• Monopoly

• my passion for drawing, they said that as soon as grow up it won't be interesting to me. well, i have grown up and now i'm a painter.

• My ugly stage.

LOL!

What Guys Said 10

• Having a happy, healthy, sex filled relationship with a beautiful girl that won't cheat on me. There are a lot of older men who are very jaded when it comes to women and just seeing me, with a smile on my face while talking on the phone to a girl or excited to have a text conversation with a girl I was really interested in Sparked that inside of them.

• Cartoons. I grew up to love anime and games. I still do. And I still remember all the times Mom told me "You'll grow out of them..."

• Videogames, dragon ball Z, eating candy.. That's about it

• My innocence and idealism

• Video games.

• Pokemon and pretty much every video game

• I'd outgrow being allergic to cooties.

• Dunno, teenage angst?

• My energy.

• Wearing Black. Still doing it since 1995.