Don't Fisher Cats sound absolutely terrifying?

I only ask CAUSE THERE'S BEEN ONE IN MY GODDAMN BACKYARD THESE PAST COUPLE OF NIGHTS AND ITS PREVENTING ME FROM GETTING A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.

1|1
21|12

Most Helpful Girl

• Like a woman screaming in terror! Foxes in heat sound similar.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Those things are crazy. Just had one run in front of my car last week. Fast as FUCK. I was walking into my parents' house late at night with my ex-gf like 15, 20 years ago, and we thought a woman was being murdered in the woods behind their house, we almost called the cops, haha. I had no idea those things even existed back then, we had lived in more urban areas before they moved there. Was glad when I found out no one was actually murdered when I heard about fisher cats years later😅

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 20

• Oh wow yeah. If I heard that in the night I'd probably call the police thinking someone was being attacked. It sounds so eerie

0|2
    0|0
  • Not as bad as coyotes and when they have puppies. I swear it, it sounds like over 100 of them and sometimes it makes me paranoid if they're killing a cow. The 2nd video is the worst when they sound like that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwN24uzc77Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mER3MoMa_qM

0|1
    0|0
  • They sound scary for sure! But I looked up a picture of them on Google and they look like badgers almost. So I kind of find them cute :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Omg, you could have posted this saying the woods behind your hourselves are haunted and I would have believed you!! Very eerie!

0|1
    0|0
  • Had to google them but they look adorable <3

0|1
    0|0
  • Foxes sound quite similar actually and I sometimes hear them when I'm walking my dog through the woods

https://youtu.be/CmLdgCczb_g

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow. Sounds like an eagle being tortured. We don't have them here 😶 Thankfully, but I would not like listening to that everyday

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, their screams are freaky. I would be so annoyed like you by this point, hah. I need my sleep.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's creepy. Sleep with one eye open.

0|1
    0|0
  • more annoying lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like someone being tourtured, ngl.

0|1
    0|0
  • It sounds like a woman being attacked, which is mildly concerning

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow I didn't know they even existed how cool!

0|1
    0|0
  • its just a male fisher cat busting his nuts its ok.

0|1
    0|0
  • it's a carnivorous predator too, it kills small animals. beware if you have any chicken or small pets.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like that noise... it's just eh

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah creepy but not as creepy as this owl who's in my backyard at night

0|1
    0|0
  • We have them in the Pacific Northwest!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Fisher's Cats? I have never heard of the band before, but they're better than the smelly idiots who just shout obscenities and bang two saucepans together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Contact Nev and Max and see what they can do for ya.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• We don't have fisher cats in Florida but I do remember my father, who had a summer home in Maine, talking about how vicious they are. The pictures I found look very cute, like little bears, but I remember this girl I was dating who was very cute and. . . I'll assume that they are as vicious as I have been told. If I heard that noise, I would think someone was being murdered!

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

Your Father is one hundred percent correct.
      They are vicious little things

• I have never heard of them before - So spooky

0|1
    0|0
  • that sounds crazy. it sounds like someone repeatedly being attacked or something. i know they aren't something to really worry about since they go after small mammals but still the shriek is creepy

0|0
    0|0
  • That's creepy.
    Sometimes I hear a bunch of dogs barking in the middle of the night and howling. My mom said they're coyotes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow those are like huge ferrets

0|1
    0|0
  • nope we don't have those around here.

0|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • 1mo

You see, the problem I have with fisher cats is purely based on the noise they make.
      Owning guns I wouldn't mind dealing with the other two.

• 1mo

Fair enough, I suppose if you lived far enough out of town you could simply shoot into the woods and scare it off.

• Never seen those before but yeah they look annoying.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not terrifying, but does sound creepy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds like a Snipe.

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah they are pretty damn creepy man. they are all over where I live.

0|1
    0|0
    • 1mo

heard one kill a bunny over the summer evening... damn creepy

• Yea we have them around here. Kinda used to it

0|1
    0|0