"Ignorance is a bless " do you agree?

After today i won't look to things the same way ever again and now I believe in this saying

• Yes
  • No
1mo Bliss * although I am not sure of the difference lol
1mo And I am not talking about science ignorance

Most Helpful Girl

• Ignorance can be bliss in some circumstances. If you were in a relationship and didn't know that your partner was cheating on you, it can in fact be blissful... that is until you find out. And I bet that would hurt like hell.

That's why knowledge is more valuable. When you have knowledge, no matter how negative it is, it is always better to know, and to learn to accept the facts that are placed in front of you rather than not knowing at all with the sheep's wool pulled over you eyes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no.
    Not obsessing over negative things is bliss, because you have peace of mind. Ignorance is just a quick path to not obsessing. So I think more accurately bliss can be a symptom of ignorance, but may not necessarily be the cause.

I think of the reverse example. Someone who has anxiety over something that no one else notices. Like if you are self conscious about an obscure body part that literally no one else thinks about or notices. You are both experiencing ignorance and anxiety. Not bliss. You could say, well what if you were ignorant to how you look?

Well... is it that you're ignorant or just that you aren't thinking about it? People use different forms of entertainment to not let their problems bother them. In the moment you will have bliss, but you are far from ignorant. Your problems simply aren't in your mind, because in that moment your life circumstances aren't a problem. They cease to exist so to speak.

What Girls Said 9

• I don't know actually 😳 I feel like some people are usually more chilled because they chose not to know or care about things going on in the world 😅

• I did this as an entire essay topic and my initial response is still 'I don't know'.
    Both have their pros and cons, but ultimately in the long run, I think it's better to be in the know.

• Well.. of course! if you have no worries, life is pretty amazing!! Or so it seems... until you learn... and discover all is not at all as it seems... and then you realize ignorance is bliss!!

Yet staying ignorant by choice is not such a bliss! ...

• Yes!! If every truth comes out right at this moment, the world would be chaos. Everyone's deepest secrets should stay secrets.

It's blissful up until someone's bliss is interrupted.

• I said no because I have been in situations where I have liked a guy for a looooong time hoping he would like me back looking for signs and shit. Eventually I got rejected. In the time when I wasn't sure how he felt it felt good knowing there was a chance. When I got crushed it hurt for a while and still does but at least I'm not wasting time on guys who don't want me.

• I think its 'ignorance is bliss' and not really. I can see why some people choose yes - because you're not hurt or affected by things you don't know until they actually affect you. But I don't agree with it, tbh. I'd rather have the facts so I can make my own decisions and choices.

• ignorance is dangerous, and will get you killed.

• Bliss for the ignorant, hell for everyone around them.

• no I don't agree with that saying

What Guys Said 14

• Not if you think you can touch lava and not get burned XD
    Depends, but in many things, yes, it's bliss.

• As a guru once said " ignorance is bliss until you hit the ground." Go on a mountain, jump off and be ignorant of its gravitational force. Will be blissful then? Maybe you rude a dirt bike without a helmet. And you fall head first. You are very blissful, are you?

• I've realized that term is meant for people who aren't busy. That saying means nothing to me right now. I'm comfortable, I feel okay, I know about many tragedies and horrible things going on around me and in the world but. I'm far to busy in my life, hobbies, relationships and career to have the emotional capacity or time to invest into bleeding over the recent tyranny in the world.

Ignorance is bliss when you're not busy enough to stop letting your mind wander free.

• No. If you have cancer and don't know it are you dying any less? The fact is if you know you can fix it. Also because every one remains ignorant every one has a different level of information and ergo different level of acceptance of the truth. If we all know the same thing we can't really argue about it, you don't have people arguing about the color blue because its universally agreed upon. So if we apply that to say moral conduct if we all know the same thing all know the ramification of the actions then we all will have the same stance on whether or not something is right or wrong. So over all no I don't think its bliss because lets be honest no one is truly ignorant, they simply lie to themselves and that takes a toll on a person to constantly avoid the truth. The truth always finds its way to the surface no matter how deep you try to bury it so you might as well accept it because its not going any where.

• There are things I wish I didn't discover
    That have ruined many things for me

I think ignorance is bliss

• For some certainly.
    scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...06427650_n.jpg
    I for one wish i remained ignorant currently. Others may have wished to being in the truth, or clinging so harshly to it that they become ignorant, exhibit A:modern western culture.

• Yes. Yes it fucking is

• Look at children, they're so innocent, joyful, and imaginative. They're only starting to discover the world around them. Everything is so simple for them.

In this sense, ignorance is great. The less you 're exposed to negative things the happier you'll be.

• Too broad of a statement. But I voted yes because I'm giving it some context. IMHO being ignorant about your SO past sexual life is the best you can do.

• No, because the saying is "Ignorance is bliss".

And I think that's wholly dependent on context.

• Nope. You can be ignorant enough to think rabbits eat humans... obliviousness is bliss

• Being an idiot is never blissful. It's only painful.

• Sometimes

• No because the sooner you hear the truth, the easier it is to swallow...

I use a cheating partner as an example... It's better to find out she cheated early, rather than going years without knowing and then finding out...