Do you think 16 year olds are men or little boys?

My mom treats me like a baby
Today
When I was in the car next to my mom
My cousin told me that some girl liked me
(I already knew)
my mom got mad
She said
"no, that's my baby he's too young"
And my cousin said
"look at him , that's a grown ass man"

What would you consider a 16 year old
I consider myself a young man.

Not a grown man
But not a little boy

A young man

• You are a man at the age of 16
  • You are a young man at the age of 16
  • You are still a little boy at the age of 16
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• They're young men to me. Some seem older, some younger, but generally, young men.

And really, you'll always be your mum's baby. You could be 45, have a well paying career, and she'll still make sure you've got food in your kitchen and you're doing OK and you could still go to her for anything and get a hug. Your age group is the hardest, you were so young not so long ago. Like 13 is so different to 16, huge difference, and to parents 3 years feels like it goes in about 2 months so you were 13 just now haha.
    So it's like they can seen you've grown up, they see you doing all these mature things and having all these new opinions, but then they see you sleeping or have a bad day at school or going out alone with your friends and you're their baby who they need to protect again.
    Don't take it personal, just be happy she cares :) her mind will change about girls as you get girlfriends and she just has to make herself get used to it. But for now, you're her baby, no girl is good enough, none are pretty enough or smart enough or strong enough, or sensible enough or able to do enough, or well behaved for her son.

It's hard for some parents to go from that "eww all girls/boys have germs and kissing is gross" stage, to the having crushes and relationships stage.

Treating me like baby
      Isn't only her though
      My grandma does it, a lot of the older women do it, my cousin was a younger woman so.. That might be why

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why it says im 21 (I'm 16) and I am a young man. Hell, even if I were 21 I'd still be a young man

What Girls Said 12

• Not really either. Probably a young man? Like here, you're allowed to do have sex and start learning to drive and stuff so you've got some responsibility but you still can't vote and some other stuff. You're not really a man but you're not a little kid, it's halfway between each.

• You're a young adult

• Nope. They are definitely little boys with some growing up to do. They are only sexually matured, but their mind still has some growing up to do.

• You're a big boy.

• Sounds like she was just being a little facetious, but no... you're not a man... sorry.

• Lmao, sorry but you're a boy.

• Neither, they are teenagers.

• I consider 16yo as teenagers, for me young adults are those who are between 20 and 39 yo.

• You are still growing so I would consider you a young man.

Well..
      I'm not small Im pretty tall so I would hope I'm...
      Close to being done
      Growing..

• "I'm not a girl… Not yet a woman" xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlV7RhT6zHs

• In my experience, most 16 year old boys have a lot of growing up to do. All the 16 year old boys that I know are super immature.

• Little boys who are getting ready to be a man. She should treat you like an adult because in two years you will be 18 which is an adult in the U. S. Most parents are like this including my mom and I know that you will always be her little baby but she needs to get you ready for the real world so you won't latch on to her.

What Guys Said 21

• You're taking it too personal.

I have met 16 year olds I could trust with my life.

I have met 61 year olds I couldn't trust to fill a napkin dispenser at McDOnald's.

• You're an older boy, young man is 18-(22-24) depending on the guy.

• They ain't men, ain't boys, they just AIN'T!

• No offense to you in particular, dude, but if a person still complains about their mom, they're a kid in my eyes.

I'm not complaining
      To be honest I sort of like the fact she does it
      Only because it proves she truly loves me and not many people my age have parents like that
      So I consider myself lucky
      I'm kinda used to it now though

The fact that I like it probably makes me a kid in your eyes for sure lol

• Depends what perspective you are looking from.

In terms of wisdom, they are still a boy.

In terms of being accountable for their actions (including crime), they are a young adult just as punishable as an adult. The "juvenile" law in US is horse shit !! Couple of high school kids broke into my car and stole "my life" amount of stuff. I cannot wait to get hold of them to beat every single bone out of them and to finally chop their hands. And God willing.. I WILL DO THAT because American law protects them.

• you ain't a little boy no more but dont go thinking that makes you a man... you are an inbetweener and how long that lasts for is up to you

Trust me I don't do anything dumb
      I'm actually pretty quiet and boring

• Your mother is being protective, she does not want your rampant hormones to get you into trouble.
    As long as you don't have sex (it may be illegal where you live anyway) there is nothing wrong with having a girlfriend
    My advice would be a nice girlfriend, with no penetrative sex play, until you are older and know each other well.

• Your a boy.

• Still just a boy. A young man is between the ages of 18 and 25. Then 25 - 45 is just a man and then 45 - 55 is a middle aged man. 55 onwards is an old man

• A boy, but not a little one. Just a guy.

• Little pieces of shit is what they are.

• A teenager, fam.

• depends on their morals and maturity.

• Yes you are a youngman.

• A boy lol hell at 22 your still basically a kid compared to the older adults around you

• They are still kids.

• There young men and still learning but yes there men

• Young man.

• Your a young guy at age 16 but there are males age 16 can act like adult men

• Teenager. Inbetween.

• I know this girl whose 18 and she is currently fucking a drug deal with a really big dick. Normally she doesn't like going for guys younger than her but this guy really knows what he's doing. Her favorite position she says which she squirts a lot is prone doggy style.

He also drives a Corolla and makes lots of money. He is doing this all the while being 16 years old.

I don't know how to respond to this