Is this a good idea?

Ok so in my town drunks walk around like zombies all over town every hour of the day and the get up in people's faces and touch them and give you some line of crap like thare car broke down or thare girlfriend kicked them out so they money if you give it to them they wander off and go to the closest place to buy box hair spray extract or hand sanitizer if you are white they hit u up a lot because they think your a dumb tourist who won't know it's bull shit. Detox Vans pick them up and hold them 24 hours and drop them back on the street to do it all over again. I say that if the same drunk is taken to the detox tank 3 times in 2 ta3 weeks they should go to a work camp for a month ware they will clean up the trash graffiti cut down weeds fill in pot holes things like that?

• Let the bull shit ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ‚,๐Ÿšฝcontinue so kids can't play at the park
  • This is a good idea ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
1mo PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR answer!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• ? New Mexico has towns full of drunken Zombies? It not jsut for Halloween, LOL?

I've never seen that. Even in NYC were I use to work the Homeless didn't come up to you, they mainly had a place they'd sit with a sign that said something ot get handouts.

Out side of bars/clubs.. near the shore in the summer time I've seen drunken idiots harass girls walking by... but that is a seasonal thing and doesn't happen often. I think if the same guy does it, they could be arrested for assault, given a restraining order to keep his distance. NYC is having trouble with that now with all the Homeless people the city is putting into hotels in neighborhoods. It takes the community speaking up to stop the situation. I think you need mace for when they come around.

um the drunks are not homeless in my whole town thare is only 3 i know of that are actually homeless but it is not a seasonal thing and they don't stick around the bars the wonder all over the city and over train tracks

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 22

• My wife and I NEVER give $$ to homeless people. Where we live, many of them do drugs. If they give us an excuse they're hungry, we buy them food. I had one guy (with a steel leg) give me some lame excuse he needed gas for his car, blah, blah, blah at the end of August as I was leaving a grocery store. You need gas. Fine... pull up at those pumps and I'll put some in. Turned out he had a Jeep (SUV) and it only took like 5 gallons. Yeah... no gas in your car. I call them on the crap stories they sell, but ZERO cash leaves my hand for theirs.

I don't mind putting people like that to work, but they need to be paid something - a meal, a free opportunity for a real job, etc...

I kinda intended on that and I don't do that either me and mom will give them food or something but not actually cash

We've been in other cities around the country (LA, San Antonio, etc..) and bought meals for people we see on the street. We know that's not the total solution, but it's what we can do at the time. This country does have MANY govt programs to help people out. They're the ones that need to put some effort into getting and making use of those programs.

Yah I know

• Nah, work camps sounds like forced labour which I don't agree with. If it's to pay off an offence I would understand but just because they're drunk in one certain town of yours? Nope it's much too localised and can go out of control way too easily if there's so many people like the way you make it sound. I think other thugs can be done which don't sound so harsh on them because a lot of them could be drinking for specific reasons, and they might need mental help and therapy more than labour and cleaning to improve the situation for everyone.

Actually I lived here sence I was 8 they actually have no reason for being drunk they do it because they can

Like I said therapy wouldn't do anything because they don't want to change most of them did go at some point nothing changed

Long term? Because some therapy only works after years of doing so, if they've done that I see no immediate hope for them

• I like your idea but it will, at least in America, take new laws that make it a crime to be drunk in the street. That becomes a civil rights issue and the Democrats/Liberals do not like to do such things. The Republicans would look at it more seriously, but I don't think it would happen. Our country is way too PC to do anything that might seem mean or against a segment of society. Personally, I think anyone who is convicted and in jail or prison should work 8 hours a day to help pay for the costs of jailing them Also, we should take away all the luxuries the PC idiots think a prisoner should have. It should be miserable to be in jail so that those that get out don't want to go back.

Nothing happens to them in this town they spend 24 hours in a detox tank then dropped back in the street that tank is full every day and night and thare still every ware I honestly don't care if people drink but people are being harassed by them mainly white wemon if they don't see a white woman they go for children and black or Asian women

Good for you. I hope you have success in your pursuit of fixing the problem. We need more people like you who do something rather than sit back bitching about problems.

Thanks lol

• I think the problem that the U. S. has in many areas is that they do punishment and short term answer to long term problems. If you actually try and help these people get their life together it will be hard in the beginning but many will succeed and then yu'll have less drunks. If you throw them in prison or make them work it doesn't really matter that much because the situation won't change. You can punish them all you like they're not in this situation because they want to be but because they can't change. Without help they can't improve because their lives are too screwed up. There have been projects where homeless people got free apartments and like 90% managed to get their lives back together because once you have some stability and security it's a lot easier to work on the other things. But if you have nothing and people look down on you or even kick you some more, then do you really expect anything to change or do you just want to let out some frustration?

One these people are not homeless 2 thare are lot of places to help them stop drinking in this town but they won't go to them because they don't want to change

Well then make them work idc lol.

I just more want to walk down the street without being panicked

• Public drunks wandering around on the streets shouldn't be coming up and harassing people for money and touching them (especially their faces). They're more of a threat to women and girls also. I wouldn't have a problem with their being sentenced for repeat offenses to doing what you suggested. It would also give them a sustained period of enforced sobriety.

Yeah I would think and they scare me the see me and I must have easy target on my face i walk really fast they also fallow you it creepy and scary

• If you're in the USA, most places have laws about public intoxication. If drunk individuals are giving people a hard enough time, they can call the authorities. With that said, I wouldn't call on anybody who wasn't legitimately causing problems.

Like I said we have detoxing vans that drive around and pick them up but it's just not helping

• One should just outright ignore such people. They are not worth the attention.

• This is the same thing as spam. People should never give ANYTHING to these people, or else, they validate what they are doing and making it worth it.

Um once again thare mean target is white females because we are seen as stupid tourist and believe the bull shit I Live here so I know they are lier's

That wouldn't work dude

Would you keep doing something if it never worked?

• I guess it"s good. What ever to stop the drunks, because it's just not pleasant, and it could be even dangerous

• Yeah of course, get them to detox forcibly, make them go to therapy and help them contribute to society

• that's retarded.

That was mean

how about my dog just got ran over by a car and my dad died of cancer yesterday and I'm drunk. sorry for being an asshole.

Im sorry about your dad and your dog my grandma died a few months ago along with my dog but I am sorry

• Yes sure go ahead

• I like the idea but doubt the "people" would want to pay for it.

I kinda plan to pester the city council and maybe make petition

• I like your idea... Lots of incentive to improve

• It's a good idea , especially if someone needs help

• get a van kidnap them for detox far away if they, have no money how do they buy drinks

• Where is your town?

• Lol u never know what happened mentally so drinking is the mental relaxation

• On the spot fine for drunken and disordely behaviour in the streets.

Um what

oh dear. then they would wind up in court. This is what would happen here in UK.

That wouldn't work well here dude lol

• With the exception that in this "work camp" there would be basic needs paid for and at least minimum wage compensation, then yes.
    However if you do that you will face the new problem where unemployed people will suddenly have an incentive to go to said detox tank.

• This is a good idea 😃

• Sounds like a plan

What Girls Said 0