What is the ONE word you can never seem to spell correctly?

I always have a problem spelling 'definitely'.

What Guys Said 45

• I can spell well if I'm paying attention and care about what I am writing, but I make tons of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes. I could pass it off as being dyslexic (which I am), but you'd likely not be able to understand what that really means. The reality is that spelling is a matter of memorization and proof reading and quiet frankly that is tedious. Being a pretty smart individual I despise monotony and take a lot of short cuts whenever possible. So when you see me plaster a pile of word garbage all over the internet mark it up to apathy for linguistics. I'm not concern about self image and am use to the endless line of idiots that want to correct my spelling and tell me how dumb I am and how they scored high on some meaningless standardized test that measured their basic skills. I spell everything incorrectly and don't devote time to prof reading because that's fucking boring. I know there is no link between spelling well and intelligence or even memorization and intelligence, however smart people tend to not waste their energy on the small stuff like remembering to take their laundry out and fold it or prof reading random ramblings...

• receive

sometimes i type recieve

it confuses me because believe is believe not beleive

i before e except after c or when sounding like A as in neighbor and weigh

• I fuck up a lot of words for some reason. I have great English skills! But I can't spell for shit! Also sometimes my grammar sucks. But I can create a god damn story!!! lol >.< It bugs me actually, and some words I practice and STILL can't fucking spell them right. It drives me nuts. And I'm always going back and fixing my fucked up grammar. I wonder if other writers of the professional level ever have this problem.

• "Anticonstitucionalissimamente." Portuguese can be hard and confusing xD

• Hillary, I always spell it Hitllary
    s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/.../original.jpg

• I hate having to spell rhythm... you should have seen how slowly I started to get that right lol

• Separate

• It changes from day to day. What I could spell with ease yesterday I butcher to the point that autocorrect says "I have no fucking clue what that word could be" the next.

• Awkward (I had to google that).

• there are lots of words i can't spell correctly sometimes, even the very simple words, its because of my dyslexia

• "conscientous" - I know what it means, but I don't use it often. On autopilot I'm always saying "conscience"

• I have the same problem with definitely. It's actually the most misspelled world in the English language

• "Opportunity". I always want to spell it "oppurtunity".

• Definitely... Think of finite... like space is finite or infinite, then add a DE.

I had a hard time learning to spell specific.

• inconvenience... always gets me

• Yeah that and maintenance or miscellaneous

• Me to! Always.

• Definitely and consolation.

• i have a light obsession with words and numbers. i dont tend to spell things incorrectly very often
    apart from skipping apostrophes, but thats not misspelling, thats just laziness

• Derogatory is one I keep looking up. Definitely I find fairly easy though.

• Psychology :D

• Indubitably

• Dieria lmao 😂

• lenient had to use auto correct again

• Probly

• naivety which is a pain because i need to use it often on here ;)

• With the dictionary so easily accessible there should be know excusefor misspelling eords unles looking it up or spelling it orally.

• Don't know about words but my grammar sucks

• Lol me too and also neccaceraly. My pc has spell checking but my phone doesn't so i avoid that world all the time.

• pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
    Its longest English word lol

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 19

• I got a problem with the word neighborhood. I never get it right Lol
    But definitely is also a difficult word to spell for me.

• I was just going to write definitely before i saw your additional comments LOL

• Most words 😂 I suck at spelling

• Pharmaceutical's... I just googled it to know the correct spelling lol.

• Rhythm and necessary. Also domestic, I always hear it in my head as 'dosmetic' 😂

• "Development". I always had a problem spelling that in English.
    In my mother tongue it's "développement". That got me confused sooo many times.

• Pomegranate XD. And sometimes schedule XD I dunno why!

• Necessarily - but then I think, Never Eat Cake Eat Salad Sandwiches And Remain Young. Then take off the 'y' and add 'ily'

• SImultaneously

• That is definitly my mistake to.

• Massachusetts

• Chrysanthemen! And yes I did have to copy and paste it here. lol :)

• Nessacerely (not even sure I spelled it right)

Necessarily. There ya go :p

Thanks, lol😂 I ALWAYS get it wrong.

its a tough one to remember.
      i always bring it back to "necessary". you just have to learn by heart there is 1 c and 2 s.
      then you can just replace the "-y" by "-ily" (as you can do in many other words)

another tough one is necessity but the same base rules apply
      [necess] [-ity] -[ary] [-arily]

• Definitely lol
    I hate this worddd

And also guys. I write gays and I'm pissed then

• PSYCHO

• environment- i always seem to strike the wrong keys when typing that word

• that's a hard one...

• 'apartment' I always end up spelling it 'apartement'

• Aquantence loool