Why do I get annoyed by certain sounds?

For some reason if my mom makes a certain sound I get annoyed and get pissed. I can't even eat if she makes a certain noise I don't like.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you have Misophonia, a neuropsychiatric disorder in which negative emotions, usually of anger and annoyance are brought up by hearing certain sounds. A few people have it, I've been told I do but thankfully I only get slightly annoyed and not pissed off. Talk to a specialist if you're worried that you may be getting too angry by these sounds but otherwise there's not too much you can do about this

What Guys Said 3

• I'm the same with, but it's with everyone. I don't like hearing people talk, it stresses me out. It's useless sound going in one ear and out the other. Every-time a person talks or makes a sound, I can't help but picture them as an ape or other animal, who's just making sounds.

It's irritating... I just like the quite. It really mellows me out.

• it happens to me to sometimes

• i get annoyed by all noise pollution. especially rap music.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow, I thought it was just me. When my dad makes certain sounds it makes me sooo angry.

Ikr for some reason I just get angry it's so weird. Sometimes I try to handle the noises calmly but I can't.