Do you hate it when you are trying to talk about something serious and the other person says 'chill out'?

Or relax or calm down?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, for some reason it gets me more annoyed when people tell me to chill or calm down 😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, because
    1) I rarely talk about serious things so sometimes when the moment calls for it I try to
    2) I feel like nobody takes me seriously ever, because of what I said in above, so when I finally want to say something serious people will say chill out or something. And then they wonder why I rarely take anything seriously.

What Girls Said 13

• Do you hate it when you are trying to talk about something serious and the other person says 'chill out'?
    Nope. I'm a gal so I find it way common for anytime I discuss something and the person doesn't like what I'm saying they can easily play the 'woman card' I'm being overemotional, pmsing, psycho bitch, having my panties in a wad, need a good dicking, need to chill out, etc regardless of the reality. I've had guys on the verge of tears whining and ranting about how 'bad' men have it in dating say I need to chill out when I point out their victimhood SJW talk. I'm pretty numb to the whole 'chill out' bit.

• If I'm starting to scream the shit out of me, and he/she says "calm down", I wouldn't be mad, but if I'm just expressing about something that bothers me and want to take it out of my system, and she/he says "relax", then hell yes, I get really mad when they do that, I hate it, and always tell them not to say so because it pisses me off... I would be saying "I WAS RELAXED, BUT NOW I'M NOT, THANK YOU!"

• Chill Out implies that you're overreacting about something, which can be offensive or rub you the wrong way when you feel you have a valid reason to react the way you do. It could also be that the person you're speaking just either doesn't have anything else to say, gets intimidated, or lost the debate/argument, and resorts to "Chill out".

• That hasn't happened to me, but people often assume that I'm hyped up or panicking when I'm fully calm, just because I tend to get long winded and talk fast.

• Doesn't really happen to me because people usually share my view on serious issues or at least pretend to to not seem like assholes lol

• I think this kind of reaction tells me that they have zero empathy skills and don't care about anyone but themselves and they just want to think that they are perfect so you should be too. If you are not, they have zero tolerance for your pity story. It's sad.

• I'm a joker at heart and everyone kind of knows that. Usually if I have something serious to say, people don't say I need to chill out.

My whole life is a chill out.

• nah, I think you should just chillout dude

• Hey Toad-1 chill, relax, and CALM DOWN!
    https://youtu.be/rdxfC-yHIP8

• yes, because it means they are trying to avoid the conversation. it's annoying.

• yeah only when my bro does that

• YES BECAUSE IT MAKES IT SOUND LIKE MY SHIT isn't IMPORTANT

• If I say 'relax' it's because you're in panic and are screaming in my ear

What Guys Said 10

• Yo chill with these serious questions Toad... you seriously need to calm down man!
    Lol that's like rule 101... telling someone to calm down just makes them angrier

• I am the opposite I wait till I am calm to talk about things seriously and other people want drama and confrontation but I just go no point, I will talk when we are both calm, that tends to initially wind them up even more.

• Not really, but I do hate it when someone says they're trying to talk about something serious, but is frantically yelling, name-calling, speaking over the other person, and generally behaving as if they're not really 'serious' about having a conversation, but rather just want to other person to lay down while they wail on them.

• Chill bro!

• yeah i hate that

• Sometimes, all depends on the subject I'm talking about.

• im usually that guy telling people to chill. most people get too emotional and it makes them irrational.

• I don't remember that ever happening to me.

• 4 girls.

• nope