Is this "psychology fact" true?

Some people said that IF SOMEONE APPEARS IN YOUR DREAMS, THAT PERSON REALLY MISSES U, i don't really know if it's true or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• you may miss them but can't see how they could project themselves into your dream because they miss you, ergo how can it be 'psychology fact'? it can't and i never heard that theory when i studied psychology

Most Helpful Girl

• hi, well i dont think we will ever really know or understand the truth, personally i accept the process of dreaming in different ways and reasons scientifically it can be a release of everyday events and desires and troubles we are having, there can also be more spiritual sides to it i believe helping us to see and deal with things that are going on. meeting people in dreams some alive some passed on who can say. someone told me recently scientific research shows in dreaming we produce a brain chemical in a very small degree that in the moment of death is the same chemical but in much larger quantities. when i heard this my personal belief was kind of that in dreams we can connect to a different realm so in death maybe its like the bigger flow creates a gateway to that realm for our next existence, mmm who knows? xx what do you think about dreams? xx

What Guys Said 10

• Oh, it's definitely true. It's also true that if they deny it, they're lying because they don't want you to know how much they miss you.

• That's not true... at all.

• If someone appears in your dreams , you're missing that person. (or fearing him if it's a nightmare)

• I don't think that makes sense. How can what someone else is thinking, end up in your dream? That's kinda like mind reading.

• SHARE THIS COMMENT TO TWELVE PEOPLE BEFORE MIDNIGHT OR YOU'LL BE MURDERED BY A GIRL CALLED JANE.

• I've never heard that, but no I doubt it's true. If it happens, it's just a coincidence I think.

• No that is not real, it isn't related.
    Source: have read a lot of books about psychology, dreams etc for knowledge

• Take it on faith, for you will never be able to prove it.

• Its not possible to prove that. But its also not possible to prove it isn't true. So believe what you want

• What evidence is there that suggest that this is true or even possible?

What Girls Said 12

• Lol absolutely not. Sometimes I get people I barely even spoken to in my dreams, or people I hate. Highly doubt they really miss me. 😂

• No.

It's just a myth.

THEY appeared in YOUR dream, how does that indicate anything on their behalf other than what you are projecting? They have nothing to do with your brain conjuring up their image, it's all on you.

• No that isn't true. Your dreams are the result of your own thinking, also that's not a psychology fact. That's high school nonsense that teenage girls tell each other. No psychologist has ever said this is true.

• No it's not a Psychological fact. It more than likely means you've been thinking about that person a lot whether it be consciously or subconsciously.

• I doubt it. More likely you miss him.

• I've dreamed about Khal Drogo. Pretty sure he doesn't miss me.

• @suitandtie must miss me all the time then 😉

I think it means you really miss them in my opinion.

• No that's not true. We dream about things that have occurred or stuff that's been on our mind. unconscious and conscious thoughts are what we dream about.

• I think it's true. My sister told me she had a dream about me the other day and I know for a fact that she misses me because we haven't seen each other in over a year.

Yeah your sister dreamt about you because she was thinking about you. Which is all that dreams are, your conscious and subconscious thoughts. The asker thinks it means the other person is missing them.

Basically saying that if your sister has a dream about you, it's because you're the one who misses her and not the other way around.

• I really doubt that.

• it's not a fact, lol. it's an old wive's tale.

• no, they appear in your dreams because they were on your mind consciously or subconsciously (im a psych student)