Are you pro Marijuana Legalization? Why or why not?

• Yes im pro Marijuana 🍁😍
  • No, for moral reasons
  • No, for health reasons
  • No, drug becuase users should be prosecuted as criminals
  • No, because of the children
  • No, because some other reason
1mo If you vote moral reasons please provide an explanation

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe all drugs and prostitution should be legal. Not that I do other drugs besides MJ and I'm definitely not into being a prostitute or going to one. I believe that there is something in the forbidden fruit and that the more illegal it is the more likely people are to do it. Few years ago I was in Amsterdam and there locals look down on prostitutes, they pity their customers for going to such places. And prostitutes are safe, there are no beating them, selling them, forcing them to have sex. They work as prostitutes if they want to. MJ and Magic Mushrooms are legal there too and nobody is like 'hey let's do it ALL the time'. When it's available to you, you won't be that interested in it knowing that you can get it whenever you like and nobody's gonna judge you (the same way the rest of the world doesn't judge consuming alcohol). I enjoy MJ very much and I know it's much more safer than Whisky for example, both for your body and your state of mind. If the heroin was legal too, we'd decrease number of people who are using it and we could decrease diseases spread via blood or other bodily fluids. Take Portugal for example, they legalized everything and the number of junkies went down. For a while people would probably be crazy like children in candy shop, but later it would be more like 'meh, it's ok, but i don't do it'.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it is the reasonable thing to do. There is a lot of lost tax revenue to the black market that fuels organized crime. It promotes gang activity to control distribution networks in more urban areas. Prohibition of marijuana doesn't slow it's use. If anything it has popularized it's use. A lot of people's lives have been ruined through it's criminalization. A lot of resources are wasted on fighting it's distribution that could be utilized for more productive activities or returned to the tax payer. It would be more wise to devote resources towards use in moderation and rehabilitation of people that take it too far.

What Girls Said 17

• Yes. Both medically and recreationally. Medically because it's very clear that cannabis is an effective medicine that has relatively few harmful side effects. Recreationally because honestly, cannabis is less harmful than alcohol, and recreational use is already pretty common so we might as well regulate and tax it and just improve things for everybody involved.

• I voted 'yes' but I wouldn't really call myself "pro-marijuana." I just think it makes more sense to legalize it. We all know the health risks and problems associated with cigarettes and alcohol and yet both of those things are perfectly legal. So I don't see the logic in marijuana being illegal. I also just value personal freedoms and if someone wants to put that stuff in their own bodies, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else, I don't see how that's the governments business.

What if someone on Marijuana harms another person after using it though.

• 28d

I agree that some would risk going to jail to smoke. With no risk and it being accepted and even possibly promoted on television, there will be a cultural encouragement which will increase the amount of smokers. I know what you mean about not wanting lot of laws.

Realistically there are people that get help from the government, and our country seems to be interested in more fiscally liberal economic policies lately (Bernie did pretty well). I can see more people using government assistance with less motivation and more laziness that marijuana tends to cause. It'll be interesting to see. I really don't have a strong opinion about it. I just think it will probably end up hurting a lot of people that follow peer trends. Of course a lot of people can benefit from it too, especially a retired person in pain for example.

• 28d

@cavmanier Of course, I see your point. I'm not liberal, at all, I simply believe in personal responsibility and limited government interference in people's private lives. I'm against increasing welfare and people receiving a check simply because they don't *want* to work. I get what you're saying though.

• "F" just FOR This Reason of my own Season, @ClauseViter.
    I don't Believe in It because I have Seen Friends and Family who have Home Grown with Being "F" Up on it. They become Very "Involved" in this , in La-la Land, to Sort of Speak, and Forget Life and end up with Nothing but Strife.
    Maybe some People can be More Mature in Handling it, but Others get Very Addicted, and not that Simple Here, dear.
    As far as Prescribing this for Medicne, well, "Hey, What's up, Doc? Not THIS Doc."
    Good luck and Great Going. xx

• I suppose pro-marijuana legalisation. It's not somethng that I particularly want to take up as a habit but I suppose if it's legalised, it'd be even safer and it could be controlled and taxed.

• No because ew

• Yes. People will always smoke pot; might as well regulate and tax it. Fighting it is a waste of resources and just promotes the violence that inevitably accompanies drug dealing.

• I think it should be legal. It would change literally nothing, except reckless teenagers wouldn't get in trouble. The people who wanna do weed still do it, regardless of the fact that it's illegal, and those who don't won't change their mind because it's legal.

• Yes I'm pro-marijuana. Last week, I early voted to legalize it. I think marijuana will help my migraines. Also, I want it legalized because big pharma can shove it.

• Yes, I am. I don't use it myself, but it should be legal. All this talk about about being the gateway drug is silly. If anything, alcohol is the gateway drug, but ever since Prohibition, the USA has been protective over their booze.

I am not saying alcohol should be illegal again, but I am saying marijuana shouldn't be illegal.

• 28d

I'd love to know why you consider alcohol "the gateway drug".

• 28d

A gateway drug is a drug that makes it more likely other drugs will get legalized, asshole.

• 28d

Hahaha. Nope. You're wrong, sorry. Look it up and try again.

(Also, if you're going to double down and call someone an asshole you should be reeeeally certain you're right... Not just think you are.)

• Marijuana is the safest drug out there, so yes it's should be legal.

• I smoke weed and Marijuana is legal in my state

• It's 2016 and like everyone is smoking weed

• I'm neither pro nor anti weed.
    In my opinion it's like alcohol if you use ok just don't abuse it.

• I am pro marijuana😏🍃🍃🍃🔥💯👏✨✨✨

• Im all for it even though id never touch the stuff.

I think this is a fantastic idea in two ways.

1) We can have the stoners lessen the tax burden for the people that don't smoke
    2) Because there will be fewer motivated people and more people that can't take jobs in envirnments where drug testing is required, the job market will open up making it easier for those people that don't smoke.

• Yes. I want to legalize marijuana because I'd rather the government be able to tax and regulate it. I have no interest in using it myself ever, but I'd rather there be some safeties put in place of where people can use it and the grade/quality of the drug. I also don't want my taxes to be going to the criminal prosecution for marijuana users or for their jail time. In my opinion, my tax dollars can be better served elsewhere.

• I think this question is somewhat biased. There's only 1 yes but 5 no voting options.

I don't use drugs. I don't care if people use drugs so long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

However, my reasons for wanting to legalize it are unique and selfish. I work for a packaging company and one of our biggest clients are Colorado pot shops. I make more money!

Well ur not really pro marijuana. You just want more money 😅.

I'd say I'm not pro or anti. I've tried it, don't like it and OMG the smell... ewwwwww.

We have a ridiculous amount of laws, in our free country, limiting our rights. Smoking and drinking are legal why not drugs? Drugs that, so far, aren't any worse than all the other shit we put in our bodies.

Personally I think our health system is what's fighting it. Pot is cheap and fairly easy to get. So much for them charging $800 per pill that has equally bad side effects.

So I don't personally care but I don't think it's something the government shold be restricting.

What Guys Said 25

• I support the legalization of all drugs, including cannabis.
    If you want to see a country that has de-criminalized all drugs (hard and soft), look at Portugal. They used to suffer absolutely insane drug problems (especially with cocaine), now they're one of the countries with the lowest drug problems in the world.

They really did an excellent job removing the stigma that a any drug user is a drug abuser.

• No, because I like seeing potheads get frustrated. It's like the biggest slackers all of a sudden become the next great neuro and bio doctor as soon as you bring up weed. Say 1 bad thing about weed and they're like a fucking thesaurus and act like you killed their child. As if you offended them... but it's not addictive... it's amazing, really 😂

• i'm pro for a few reasons
    -legalization and regulation is almost always more effective than prohibition
    -there are health benefits we know of and potentially tons more if we can research more
    -legalized sales means we can tax it. with underfunded schools and dilapidated transit the revenue from taxing could really help
    -we spend billions a year on incarcerated prisons sentenced to long sentences for non-violent drug offenses (like simple possession)

• I am for it being legalized, regulated, taxed and controlled. But it needs to be done at the federal level first. In all of these states (like Colorado) where they have "legalized" it, that's only partly true. In the U. S. Constitution there's this thing called the "Supremacy Clause." Simply put, that means federal law trumps state law and is the supreme law of the land. So with the example of Colorado, marijuana may be legal under state law, but it's still illegal under federal law. And the federal authorities, if they wanted to, could go to court and get an injunction against Colorado to cease its "legal" pot regime. The feds can still prosecute anyone with pot in Colorado under federal law. (They're just choosing not to do it.)

• It disturbs me how many people are for legalizing this. To me, it's a drug like any other. Just as addictive to if not more so. People say it's "safer", ok whatever lol, maybe that's true compared to others (I don't know?) but still, it's a drug!! Safer maybe but not 100% safe and/or good for you. I'm against it. My biggest issue is I CAN'T STAND the smell of it. I want to vomit and I can smell it a mile away.

Pal American culture is hypersensitive to drugs, you consume them on a daily basis but they r not stigmatized as drugs because they are legal. (Think of all the ODs on legal anti-anxiety medication like Xanax which phrama companies are trying to distribute en mass) Marijuana is not dangerous, there is no possibility of OD, it has been used for thousands of years and has a variety of medicinal properties not to mention it feels fantastic, smells fantastic too.

• Yes because making it illegal only decreases revenue and leads to an increase in gang activity, and peaceful smokers go to prison because they're being told what to do with their own bodies even though the only person it affects is themselves

• Nope. I can't see why marijuana deserves to be legalized while cocaine and heroin remain illegal. Sure, marijuana is not nearly as bad for you as heroin and cocaine, but alcohol has been proven to be worse than marijuana. Also, marijuana is a gateway to much worse things. Most addicts start out with pot and move to worse things.

• I never have had it and probably never will but I dont have a problem with others having it

• Legal but more regulated than it is in Colorado or Washington. I was in Seattle not too long ago and yeah it smelled bad.

• To legalize because people are thrown in jail for something that can be used recreational and is less harmful than smoking, which is legal. It is also less harmful than getting drunk as well.

I mean sure it CAN be addicting but so can coffee, it depends on the person.

• I love it. Don't know why everyone doesn't. But that's cool.

• I vote yes, but any job should still test for weed. The only exception should be for actual medicinal purposes.

• I only used this shi' before to see how it is, but nah I won't use it again. I don't want to f*ck up myself with using weed and turn into no lifer skinny foo'

• No, because Indian and China are graduating 1 million engineers per year, and we're intoxicating ourselves and getting high.

• Yes but not high grade cannabis with thc levels above 20%

• If alcohol is going to be legal, then marijuana should be, too.

• After November 8th its going to be legal in my state

• If they're using it at home then yes

You don't think it should have a place in the social setting, what gives alcohol precedence?

In places it's okie but special places

Look I am okie if they're not driving and won't hurt someone lol

• Yes I'm for legalization. The DEA is insane for keeping it illegal when theirs cigarettes which are far more harmful.

• I dont care, its bullshit.

• yes its harmless. never read about a person being aggressive with weed.

• I don't do it myself, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to do it, legally.

However, remember, it's just like putting alcohol in your body, and head. If you drive, high, you are putting yourself, AND others, at risk, even if you think you're "OK" to drive

• I think people that sell weed should be killed. I think alcohol should be illegal too.
    If they legalize it, it is teaching children that it is okay to use it.
    Just like how alcohol is legal, so they think there is nothing wrong with it.
    All the people that want it legal should get together, get very wasted and all drive together.
    Then whoever is under the influence shouldn't be admitted to any hospital. Let them all die.

• 29d

Damn that's a pretty radical viewpoint. You want millions of people to die?

• pro cuz criminalization hasn't worked. just legalize the damn shit already.

I already voted in CA to legalize it.

• Im a dealer and i smoke, however, I don't think it should be legalized because the recklessness and irresponsibility of many people and legalizing it will only glorify marijuana to the younger generation similar to how e-cigs were glorified leading many young ones chasing "the fattest clouds" which also resulted in many youngsters actually picking up the smoking habit.

• 27d

If they do legalize it, they should create and only sell strains that are high in (CBD) the medical property of the drug and low in (THC) the property of the drug that gets you high.