What's a reason to continue to live?

I can't think of any
:(

27d update
25d updaate

Most Helpful Girl

• If you commit suicide you go to hell.

I will also no longer have a fun friend to make fun of republicans with. gifrific.com/.../...ewart-Yelling-Unacceptable.gif

Have you talked to the people you're seeing about this?

• 25d

I don't think suicides go to hell, god has more mercy than that

• 24d

Yeah, but it won't be enough.
      I'm scared, I finally ask for help and now this, now I won't be able to get it regardless because I can't afford it

• 24d

Ask them what your aftercare options are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because tomorrow is another day. You've experienced the highs and right now you're experiencing a low. It won't last forever, it doesn't and shouldn't have to. When you're down, it all seems hopeless and pointless, nothing interests you, you can't remember anything interesting you, and you feel like you deserve this.

You've been through a lot lately, remember to ask for help if you need it. You don't have to face this alone. With help you can learn how to better recognize these ebbs starting and deal with them better.

What Girls Said 22

• You're a very smart and knowledgeable man, it would be a loss for you to leave this soon.
    There are many reasons to live, but you have to create these reasons.
    Life is beautiful, it's mysterious, it's unpredictable, we as humans have so much power. We can do so much with our bodies and mind that other species can't do and yet they have a stronger survival instinct than us humans do.
    The only thought of me having so much power, even as only ONE individual, to change things, to make life better for myself or for the people I care about, makes me happy to be alive.

• You have to make one. This is not a question anyone on here can answer for you. Your life is your life and it's what you make it. Sometimes, it may not seem like it's worth living, but there's a reason why you placed here. I personally don't believe in living because other people like you and would miss you. That's a guilt trip people say to those who are suicidal when they don't feel like taking them seriously. Your purpose is not to please others. So, I guess, the reason would be finding your own happiness. What makes you happy? Or what will? And, if you don't have it, what do you do to get it?

(Standing ovation) Bravo! Bravo! (Tossing a rose on the stage) Bravo! Bravo!

• You just gave us 10 of them the other day...
    And then there's this...

https://youtu.be/ndnjBq8ROpo

• Puppies and kittens are still good

i.ytimg.com/vi/RbwM9CRVhaM/maxresdefault.jpg

• You still have a purpose in this world. You don't see it yet, but I believe wholeheartedly that you're going through all of this to be able to help others later on down the line. Your pain, your suffering, your trials and tribulations, all of this is not in vain. It's a part of your journey. Your story. And when you overcome, when you beat this, you'll be able to use it to help others through their tough times. Don't give up bud. It gets better.

• 1. You won't put your family and friends through the heavy grief that they would experience if you died.
    2. You can make your own future. Life has so many possibilities, why not work toward making life so good, that is your reason to live.
    3. The little moments. The smallest moments in life can be so sweet and pure and they provide comfort when life is rough.
    There are so many possibilities, why cut everything short?

• nothing... wonder the same thing myself

• Puppies and pizza. And pasta. And food in general.

• For me, curiosity. Even if there's a big chance that my life will end up shitty, I'm always curious to know what's really going to happen and whether I'm strong enough to overcome them. That's what keeps me going.

• In hopes of a better future.

• Puppies exist

• Can you think of a reason to die?
    If you can think of a reason to die you can come up with a reason to live

• The only things that keep me going is knowing that not everyone is a little shit out there and that there are people out there that care enough about me. I care a lot about them

• I think we all get those feelings time to time. For me at least... its the guy i love. I want to wake up every morning and snuggle into his arms and hear him say "hey..." - i love it.

So many things to enjoy in life... What's bugging you? :)

• It's hope
    I have hope and I strongly believe in something. You gotta find hope too. Hope for life and enjoying it even tho it has it's downs but we must feel lucky bcs we have been given the opportunity to have a life

• passing on your wisdom and knowledge base to the uniformed.

• Think about your friends and family and how sad they will be if you died...

• 1|1
  • Think of all the people you can help

• Food

• You're only 21. Your life hasn't even started yet. Why end it?

• Because your future holds a life where you can manage your anxiety and depression and you will be stronger and kinder because of the hell you crawled your way through now. 😘 Much love!

What Guys Said 25

• I hope this is a question you've been discussing with a therapist and/or doctor.

Now, I can list a few reasons that I have found that work for me.

Foremost is the things you get to experience in life. For me, traveling was a godsend when my wife past. Would like like to watch newborn bison run and jump and play, all the while having a vibrant rainbow in the background? Would you like to see towering redwoods as old as the Roman civilization? Would you like to see the snowcapped Alaskan Range biting into clouds? Or the Desert Southwest with its ruddy red sand and limestones transformed into a riot of color by the wildflowers?

Or how about the people you'll never meet? Don't you want to gaze longingly into your lover's eyes and be totally disarmed by seeing her doing the same? Or the engaging talks you'll have with her and/or your friends? Do you want to have children? Or be a loved one to nieces and nephews? Do you want to take pride in being a guiding beacon to your friends, family, and others?

Perhaps not all of these will happen, or they might go awry. That certainly was the case for me. However the possibility of them happening is very brightening to me. I hope it will be to you.

I believe I read that you are seeking help. How's that going, if I may ask?

• You are a human being. You are superior to all other life forms in intelligence and wisdom as compared to all the other billions and billions of species.. You live in the age of technological, scientific and medical advancements. If you decide to do something great with your life and believe in yourself, and if you can make a difference in this world or even in the life of one person then they will be very thankful for your existence and that would make you feel good about yourself. The problem is that even though this world is a very harsh, rough, cruel and negative place there is also love, compassion and goodness in it. I used to feel suicidal when I was a little younger and trust me it's normal after seeing all negativity in this world weather it has affected you individually or not but I don't feel like that anymore and my solution was finding my spirituality and getting in touch with it and trust me you will be happy again once you become more spiritual as well. For me it was my belief in God.

• Hope things get better for you - Just hang in there you never know what is around the corner - Maybe for the moment just potter around doing things you have enjoyed in the past until the blues pass then when they do - Have a think about your coping mechanisms and do you need to tweak anything or research/try new ones to see if they work for you.

• Curiosity, hope that things may change for the better, and pizza.

Curiosity. Hmm. That's pretty damn good.

I've a question for you, Bandit74. As of the time I'm writing this, for this particular question I have noticed a conspicuous absence of words like "pity party" and "whining" and "pathetic" and the like (words I've noticed are very common in other posts concerning depression). In your opinion, why is that? I have my own ideas, but I would like to know what you think. You tend to be rather insightful about why people say what they say.

... why, then all bets are off. Words like pity party, pathetic, not entitled to sex are just thoughtlessly tossed around. And I don't mean "thoughtlessly" as in rude, I mean it in the sense that almost no thought is given to this language.

I agree that it may well have been to the point, but I can't help but wonder if it might also be because he's not, or didn't mention, upset about his dating life.

• 29d

@Bluemax
      I think you raise a good point. That is definitely one of the common denominators.

• To see what happens next episode.

• You'll be missed. Dying is easy, those who have to live with the death are the ones that have it hard

• the thrill of life itself. everyday is a new challenge to conquer. are you a conquerer?

• if you can't think of any, then find a reason.
    dont give up man. rise up and make your life story wroth telling

• Because life is worth living and worth fighting for.

• Churros and fried Oreos

• Enjoy the nature. Have peace with it. Or how about all the pleasures in life like food or sex or porn. Or gamble and have fun in Vegas.

• Fish tacos.

• Bacon.

Seriously, though, hang in there. It will pass.

• Friends and Family.

• If you want to kill yourself, wait for a month. Take huge money from a loan shark and live like a legend for one month then kill yourself and you don't have to return the money.

• The ambition about not giving up.. 😎

• What's a reason to die?

• There is no reason. Most of living is stressful and most people are suffering. We bullshit about hope, peace and love because in reality life is shit for most people.

• I assume you have no reponsibilities. Get a few and your outlook changes.

• There is no reason, however there is also no reason to not live either. So just live on.

• There are none we just keep living these vast empty live not knowing when were gonna die so just appreciate life and grab it by the hand and spin it in the right direction and it will be everything you've ever wanted

• why are you thinking like that?

• pizza