Black Lives Matter and "Oppressed" black people: Why are you so hateful? Why are you so mean and violent? Anyone who doesn't agree with you is racist?

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact that you put oppressed in quotes in the first place demonstrates you couldn't possibly understand the rational behind BLM. People who are facing injustice have a right to be angry. And you kind of have to be racist if you actually believe black people aren't legitimately oppressed today.

The fact you called me racist for saying in the UNITED STATES, where "oppressed" blacks have the SAME rights, and the SAME chance to have a wonderful life. It's not my fault "the white man" a few hundred years ago enslaved blacks. It's not any of our faults. Just like they were NEVER enslaved, their parents, and grandparent weren't. In the '60s Martin Luther King fought and died for the rights blacks have TODAY. They should be happy, what do they want? To rule the world? As I aforementioned, they have the SAME rights and SAME opportunities as you and I do. The blacks who don't feel oppressed are the ones smart enough to realize that they are no oppressed by society anymore. They can do what they want with THEIR life. There's many black people who live normal "non oppressed" lives. It would be advantageous of you to pull the dumbass of your brain and realize how dumb you sound.

I also know my mothers job has had 3 blacks work there, and 1 of them was arrested for stealing. Blacks only have the bad people in their race to blame, not whites. You seem like you're average book smarts, yet very under average for common sense. That must make your IQ pretty low. I can tell just by how you think. Let me guess, you also feel discriminated because you're a women?

Okay I literally just cited several studies supporting what I said. Unless you have studies that actually show different from my conclusions, you don't have a leg to stand on. Personal anecdote does not Trump empirical evidence

Most Helpful Guy

• It was during his performances in One Dam' Thing that Hutch first attracted the attention of his royal fans, after the Prince of Wales, Lord Mountbatten - and Edwina - were watching from the theatre's boxes on opening night.
    Wealthy Edwina, the daughter of King Edward VII's banker Sir Ernest Cassel, was said to be instantly enthralled and at the post-show party she was introduced to the talented young singer, according to biographer Charlotte Breese.
    A few nights later Hutch, who was himself married to wife Ella Bird, was said to have sung directly to Edwina when he performed a late-night set at a London nightspot.
    At the time Hutch was living with society belle Zena Naylor, and had enjoyed affairs with screen sirens Tallulah Bankhead and Merle Oberon, as well as another bright young thing, 'Babe' Plunkett Greene.
    The West End's leading matinee idol, Ivor Novello, was also rumoured to have been one of bisexual Hutch's lovers, and in 1930 Hutch made debutante Elizabeth Corbett pregnant.
    When the child was black Elizabeth's Guards-officer husband was appalled, and the baby was given up for adoption.
    None of that seemed to deter Edwina, however, with one BBC producer Bobby Jay telling Ms Breese: 'I was at a grand party.
    'Edwina interrupted Hutch playing the piano. She kissed his neck and led him by the hand behind the closed doors of the dining-room. There was a shriek, and a few minutes later she returned, straightening her clothes.
    'Hutch seemed elated, and before he returned to the piano, told me that, with one thrust, he had flashed [propelled] her the length of the dining-room table.'
    Edwina was said to have showered Hutch with presents, including a jewelled gold cigarette case, a gold ring with her coat of arms engraved on the inside, and a gold and diamond watch.
    She was even thought to have commissioned a jewelled sheath for Hutch's aforementioned manhood. The singer would proudly show off the sheath to his fellow musicians.

What Girls Said 6

• 2|2

Nah, you are the stupid one. NO ONE said 'black lives matter only'. We said 'black lives matter also'. The media just likes to ruin things.
      And you are REALLY going to judge a whole group of people just because of the actions of few? That's like saying 'all white people are racist' when in reality not all of them are. Think about that.

• 20d

"No one said 'black lives only matter'"

Just about EVERY BLM supporters says it. You try and say EVERY color matters, and what do you get? You're called a racist!

"We said 'black lives matter also'"

Damn, if that was the case then why isn't it called "blma?" It's pretty sad to see someone who is trying to claim something that's ENTIRELY untrue.

"The media just likes to ruin things"

Let's see, I get almost ALL my information from hands on perspective. I've talked to MANY BLM supporters, and guess what? They're ALL the same! They're all people who believe they're ABOVE THE LAW. People who expect to be handed EVERYTHING. The people who feel "oppressed," even though they have the SAME opportunities as whites do!

"You are really going to judge a whole group of people just because of the actions of a few?"

A few? Literally EVERY SINGLE BLM supporter has the same way of going about their cause. Everyone must BOW to them or guess what? You're RACIST.

Grow up and learn something!

• Because of people like you.

• I am so over the BLM... sick of hearing about it.

• Keep letting the media make you dance, little puppet.

• I know several black lives matter people and not one of them has been hateful that i can see. They are my friends, they are real people, neighbors, classmates, co-workers. They are not a 30 second sound bite on TV.

That being said, i think the BLM as a movement is misguided. I hear things like if you don't support BLM you are part of the problem The thing is just because i might agree with your concerns it doesn't mean i have to agree with the way you wish to resolve it. Such movements have been advocating for black rights and minority rights since there was a nation here. There is nothing that BLM has brought that seems unique or particularly more valuable than any other effort to push minority rights forward. I think the movment is shortsided, one sided and only visible because of it's spectacularism. It will go the way of Occupy if something isn't done to better organize it and bring more meaning forward.

• Where the fudge did you hear that we are all violent? Dude, get your facts straight.
    That is what the media tells you.

• 20d

Hey dude! Why must people like you ALWAYS assume? Do you like looking like jackasses and retards? Lol. How far did you have to dig in your nasty ass to pull out the shit that you just wrote? Now do me a favor! Go and cry about how "oppressed" blacks are as free men with he same rights as whites!!!

• 20d

It has been 11 days. Move on with your life dear. 😊
      I am not up for arguing. 😊

What Guys Said 11

• What's more hateful and racist? The people who are upset about social issues or the people who act like every black person is imagining their experiences?

Just some food for thought.

You're not seeing the full picture. If you're any color, and you act like a decent human. You dress PROPERLY, act respectful, and keep to yourself then you'll have the same chance as anyone else does. If you're commenting on "innocent blacks bring shot by the police," I mean come the fuck on. Almost every video I see of a shooting, the black person does everything he can to ask for it. If a cop tells you to put your hands up and stay still you do that until further instruction, I was taught that as a child. So it doesn't take too much intelligence to understand that. The ones that were "unarmed" and still killed, you realize that's happened more to whites than blacks? Yet were only talking about the blacks. Did you also know many of these shooting happen by a black police officer? I mean this world is just full of retardation.

• 20d

If you think it's okay for a GROWN MAN to walk around in PUBLIC with his ASS showing, you have some serious issues. I'm all for freedom to dress how you want, I don't however, need to a man's ass in public. It's not a respectable thing to do. It shows the disrespect a person has for others. You get the respect you deserve. Furthermore, assuming that I only think BLM is about "cops," makes you look like a complete and utter MORON. Way to make a jackass of your self. You seem like the type of person who has shitty parents. :)

• 20d

This is probably the most immature response I've ever seen on this site. Congrats dude because they've been pretty bad.

• BLM identifies the problem, but for me this group is not the solution. Their methods, tactics, and some of their speech is too off putting and at times, down right dangerous

• 20d

Exactly! I'm not saying there isn't blacks who are oppressed. I just don't like this whole movement of "you better let me have what I want of your racist." To me, no matter your color, if you act respectful, I'll show you respect!

• Being hateful, mean and violent is like a self defense, generalizing is also a self defense. If the odds are against you and it seems like people are out to get you, wouldn't you feel the same?

No one is out to get them, lol. If you walk into a store with your hat on backwards, pants pulled down to your knees, half yelling everyword, acting entitled, I can tell you that people won't much like you around either, regardless of your race. If a black person acts decently like you and i, no one bats an eye. It's 2016, blacks have the same opportunities as whites do, Asians do, Mexicans do, etc.

If you think racism doesn't exist because it's "2016", you're wrong. Also I didn't say everybody was out to get them, I'm saying they feel that way because of what's been going on, many people generalise black people because of the actions of others and the fact that police are shooting unarmed blacks, even when they weren't resisting, some are scared.

@CisScum yes racism and hatred exist against many people. For instance characterizing whites as "racist and hateful" or saying "Cis" people are "Scum"...

Going back to that instances of cops shooting anyone regardless of Race unarmed is disturbing. So are people encouraging killing cops because "they are racist." Did you know that in Ferguson the evidence supported the officer's story that the individual tried to grab his gun at close range (there was high velocity blood splatter found on the gun proving he was in close proximity) rather than being shot while surrendering several feet away? Where is the media now that the facts support a black man assaulting a police officer? (Disclaimer, no not all black people are like that in fact most are not, the fact that our society is willing to believe the accused simply because of his race even when objective facts disprove the story). I know you are Canadian, please stop listening to the US media it is crap Liberal and Conservative!

• Because they got nothing real to protest. When a little kid gets nothing and wants attention they cry and cry. That's BLM right now.

• Dr. King would be appalled if he saw BLM.
    He advocated this:
    etquotes.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/.../..._march.jpg
    Not this:
    http://youtu.be/dj4ARsxrZh8

Exactly, if you're a decent black person who acts respectable, I will do the same to you, which is the same out of any race. Anyone who's decent, and respectable, I will like. It's just many of these BLM supporters are the scummy, hood blacks who act like they can do what they want and everyone should bow to them. I wish MLK was never shot, he would show people how to act, any be nowadays!

• I dont know but i know that its easy to point fingers. It solves nothing. Opression is not not getting from society what you want to get, opression is by a regime. In a democracy all the necceccary tools are provided to make something of your life. Its up to YOU to make something of your life, its not upto others to give you the fruits of THEIR work. We call that a bottom feeder.

• NO YOU FOOL! YOUVE KILLED YOURSELF!!! he was so young... damn you black lives matter, damn you...

• What is Black lives matter? I'm italian, i live in Europe never heard of that?

It's a hate group made up of blacks who feel "opressed," mainly the scummy people who feel everything should be handed to them since their ancestors were slaves.

Oh! Like in America like the old days having white owners and treating them bad

• they're losers.

• I love how both respondents are clearly white, middle to upper class women! They are clearly in touch with life in da hood... Notice the knee jerk reaction, people like you... what does that mean? People who question dogma? People who want an honest answer? People who realize racism os evil no matter who it is against? Please @itsallover clarify.

Why are KKK members so hateful amd violent? I think it stems from ignorance, and misdirected hate/fear.

Did you know the democratic party created the KKK to drive the blacks out of the north?

@Rissyanne Well said, it seem the Democratic party is still racist, but in order to get black votes has simply changed the target of their racism!

• 20d

@Rissyanne Yep, and the civil rights act wouldn't of passed without Republican representation in the Congress. The democratic party is the base of racism!