Would you forgive a stranger who chose to save their dog over your loved one?

Imagine a hypothetical scenario in which the person you love the most is in grave danger alongside a dog. The situation is such that only one can be saved and you're not around. The dog's owner shows up and decides to save their dog, thus your loved one dies as a result.

Considering that said dog was like family to the stranger, do you forgive them? How would you feel about it?

• Yes, I would forgive.
  • I would not like them but I could maybe forgive.
  • I am fairly certain I would never forgive.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would try my best because of what I believe in, but I honestly don't think I could.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure, I could forgive... probably.

But, he doesn't need my forgiveness. He needs hundreds of thousands of $$$ for a good defense lawyer team to defend against a charge of 1 count of "criminally negligent homocide with grave indifference" or some such charge.
    So, I might be upset with him, but the criminal justice system is going to make sure he becomes Mustafa's bitch in Riker's Island.

What Girls Said 12

• Really tough one😮😮
    I think I could never forgive them. But I would try to understand their position.. I never had a pet so its difficult for me to understand the kind of attachment people have with them.

• I don't believe an animals life is worth any less than a humans life.

I would understand where they were coming from. I might be mad, but it would be the same type of mad I would be if they chose to save a human they know over my human who is random to them.

• i would understand and forgive them but I would probably hate them for the rest of my life if that makes sense.

• I would not forgive them. If it were me I would've saved them instead of saving my pet. For me Human life (even a stranger) > Pet life.

• Yes I'd forgive them because I'd rather save my dog than a random persons loved one.

• I mean... I might do the same thing so I guess I'd at least try to forgive them.

• I'm not saying I wouldn't understand completely, but I'm also not saying that I would piss on them if they were on fire.

• Yeah, I'd forgive them because I'd rather save my pet over a random person. Pets love you unconditionally and provide emotional support even when no one else will

• Nahhhhh never

• Well, I would save my dog over his/her loved one so yes.

• No Id consider them psychopathic pieces of shit and hope the worst for them.

• Well there was no reason for me to expect them to save my loved one in the first place.

What Guys Said 19

• I can't expect the stranger to save my loved ones.
    The stranger made the choice , between his/her loved one or a perfect stranger.
    He/she chose the furry family. I wouldn't hold it against em.

• Its really hard dude... tbh
    I am a huge supporter of animal rights and Love my relatives.
    I will probaby jump of the bridge.

• 29d

No need to kills yourself over that. Just save the human and be over with it. You're gonna regret the death of an dog far less than the death of a human.

Or at least you should.

• 29d

I know, I would. And should...

• The owner decided that the life of an animal was worth more than the life of a human being. I couldn't forgive honestly, principally because the person who died was someone I loved.

• Nah I wouldn't forgive him, Moreover I wouldn't give him a rest and become his nightmare until his last breath. Cause I don't really give a shit if it is his dog, his mother or his had, I don't care about his loved ones I care about only "mine" loved ones.

• 29d

But wait, if he saved his loved one (human) over your's, you'd still never forgive?

• 29d

I'm just gonna assume you're not serious on this one.

• 28d

Lmao.. nah I am :D If I have a follower ofcourse I'd try to get rid of him.

• I would probably push him into whatever thing that killed my loved 1. He deserved it. I don't get those people who would save an animal over a human (any human provided it's not hitler or some shit). They represent the worst in people

• I'd be mad for sure, everybody would. But at the end of the day I don't expect a random person I don't know to save someone they don't know. Their instincts will be to go save their own family.

• Any decent human being would save a fellow human over a stupid animal - no matter how "close" they are to it. Dogs only live like 10 years anyway.

Disregarding the fact that I hate animals, I would choose to save a person over my pet, because I know that person has many, many people that would suffer if he/she dies. Whereas I am the only one that will suffer if my pet dies, and like I said, it could only have 10 years to live, max. A person could have 80 years to live.

• I'd forgive them, needless to say I wouldn't be happy but in the end I'd forgive them, hate is a horrible thing to keep in your heart and it does you no good being there it'll eat away at your forever.

• Yea that's pretty sick... but a lot of people think that way today because people have become shut-ins, and their pets become their best friends. For me, all animals and life on the planet is below that of a human. When dogs can start building me homes and nuclear power plants, I may change my mind. But for right now, I'd always save the human over the animal, without hesitation

• I wouldn't blame him/her in the first place. They didn't know my SO, but did the dog completely.

• I would do the same thing in that situation. My dog means more to me than a stranger.

• Human life > animal life. Not sorry.

• If it was a mistake, then yes. If it was intentional... not without restitution. But even then, probably not.

• Il strangle their dog to death if that ever happens.

• yes. i always forgive

• I'd trade my loved one for one of his.

• I would never forgive them because my loved one is more important than their dog.

• No problem. I'd do the same.

• Humans worth more than dogs. Don't compare the two