If water goes into your socks does that mean your shoes are damaged?

when it rains, when i walk, water goes through into my socks, does that mean i should buy new shoes and throw my current shoes away?

did my question make sense?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some shoes are ok but aren't waterproof. It is not the same.

What Girls Said 2

• yes, you should

• It means your socks are damaged

What Guys Said 1

• Nope, most shoes aren't waterproof. The canvas material they make them out of is not a dense enough material to block water. It's why shoes can get wet-- they absorb water and soak it up. Don't throw your shoes away. Just let them dry out somewhere.

In fact, just yesterday I had water go into my socks from my shoes. The sloshy feeling is awful, but there's not much that can be done about it,

That is, unless you...
    1.) Buy water resistant shoes. They do have them with water resistant coatings or whatnot. They aren't super common I'd say, but they are there. You might have to order them online.

2.) Spray a hydrophobic coating over your current shoes.
    Example: www.amazon.com/.../ref=mp_s_a_1_2
    It will make your shoes water resistant and water will, theoretically, not get into your shoe the parts you sprayed.