In your opinion, is being gay an excuse to cheat on someone?

And under what circumstances would it be okay? Because tbh I don't know if there are any circumstances where you couldn't just break up with whoever you're cheating on with, even if you want to keep your sexuality on the DL. Well, i guess under pain of death.
Also, is it really harder to be a gay male?

.

..

... pun totally intended.

1mo No, what? I'm saying like:
> dude has a girlfriend
> dude has a secret affair with another dude
> whether or not he is full on gay, bi, pan, whatever is irrelevant
> because he has a girlfriend and is also harboring a secret affair with another guy
> that's cheating, and so the question: Is being gay an excuse for having one established SO while also enjoying a side chick/dude (in your opinion)

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course not. Cheating is disgusting no matter why it's done or with whom you do it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. If you know you're gay or just somehow figured it out, you let the other person know, "hey, I'm not into you like that because I like dicks" (or vag) and move on.

What Guys Said 8

• http://i.imgur.com/aMrENjw.gif

2.12/10 - not very creative

@ThisDudeHere I just let you know :P

• No, because that would make them bi..

• He is being a dick (pun intended) if he is gay and stays with his girlfriend, leading her on.

• No, cheat is cheating.

• There is no excuse for being a traitor.

• yes, it is.

• No cheating is cheating. I wouldn't have a relationship with a girl and a fling with a guy at the same time

And it's harder to be bi curious

• Well but then explain bi's and pan's

No like, just because you happen to like the same sex or whatever, is it an excuse to have one significant other and then have an affair?

But, bis and pans are different than gays/lesbians

What Girls Said 1

• Why would that make it ok? I didn't know cheating has clauses- you must not cheat, unless you cheat with the same sex.

Well I didn't think so either but like... sometimes people here make me wonder.

Yea, i saw one guy on here saying his girl should accept him sleeping with other men because he's bi and it would be unfair of her to stop him seeing men. By that logic, my man should be OK with me sleeping with other guys because other guys exist and it's unfair to stop me testing them all out.

There was this actual question where some female was trying to get validation for encouraging her son to cheat on his (allegedly bitchy) girlfriend with another guy. There were enough people on that thread to make me question my general assumption that cheating is cheating but hey, I'll admit I'm not too savvy about societal norms in this generation, so maybe cheating is okay now. I don't know.