What do you think of this quote?

"The world has lazily decided that self confidence and self belief are one in the same, and I'm here to tell you unequivocally, that they are dead wrong. Your confidence will ebb and flow, depending on performances and results. Your self belief on the other hand, will give you the necessary strength to go out every day, against the odds, and continue to strive for greatness."

• I love it and/or agree
  • I hate it or disagree.
  • Other (comment)
1mo -Tim Howard, 37.
goalie of U. S. men's national soccer team and Premier League goalie of the year.
An excerpt from his Note to his 24 year old self.
1mo The entire video and note to self message is here. Pretty good watch. www.google.com/.../?client=safari

Most Helpful Girl

• I totally believe that. I may have the undying belief that I can do anything but if my confidence in any given day is low, I may not move forward until I'm feeling a bit more confident in doing so.
    Good quote. 💟

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes I have the belief that I can do something but I don't have the confidence to pursue the dream. But when I am confident to pursue my dream I easily achieve it. confidence. This is the difference between belief and self. You are right. We all believe that we are skilled. but we are not confident enough to put our skills to test.

So then you agree that it basically starts with self belief?

Self belief is important. Then it takes along with all other qualities including skills , experience, team work and confidence.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Quoting the dictionary does nothing for me

Yeah, me neither. Tool.
      This was Tim Howard, 37.
      An excerpt from his Note to 24 year old self.