Guys when you meet an Indian girl are you very aware that she's of a different culture?

I've always been curious.

I used to notice white people as white people before I went to university, but after that I barely noticed what ethnicity the person was.

A person was a person. I guess that was probably also because in University everyone is going through the exact same phase.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl I love is Indian, but she's northern Indian and has light skin, though her skin tone shows she is not white. At first I thought she was Hispanic or something, but after looking at her eyes, I knew she was from somewhere East, but I didn't know exactly where until she said she was Indian.

What Guys Said 6

• I notice. I don't comment or make an effort to notice. I just notice because I'm always hyper-aware of my surroundings.

• Very much so. I've always been sensitive to people of other cultures; I think it was my upbringing.

Really? That's interesting.

I was under the impression most people thought I was jsut like them. I am not very ethnic looking, and sometimes people get confused which country I originate from.

But most people are aware I'm Indian as I speak the mother tongue with my family.

Well, to clarify that a bit, I'm sure that you're a person, lol. I'm sure that I'd talk to you like anyone else if I saw you on the street; I've always been pretty open and I like learning about other people. Were you raised in India?

• Of course I do.

I always felt as though the people who grew up in a North American country, tehy were all in the same slot. White, Indians, Blacks, they all grew up in teh same country so why should it matter which culture they originated from?

I didn't grow up nor live in North America though.

And it matters, because most different ethnicities also have different cultural backgrounds and thus views on life.

• I don't pay much attention; I work with people from all over the world.

• I notice every race and culture.

• I still consider the various races to be different species

What Girls Said 0