Do you think the U. S. and Russia are still enemies?

The cold war still hasn't ended in spirit? Do you think the U.S. and Russia are still enemies?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are still rivals and quite hostile to each other. Russia has very few friends (and no, China isn't one of them). The US is allied to states that Russia thinks belong in "its sphere of influence" while Russia sees becoming part of the Western (by becoming part of NATO for example) as humiliating because then they wouldn't feel like being an independent power anymore. The Russian government needs to be very active on the global stage to divert attention away from domestic problems (just like the US has done to a lesser degree in the past). Russia is severely outmatched but stays afloat because of its massive nuclear arsenal and insanely high (relative to GDP, especially considering their low living standard) military/security spending.

What Girls Said 3

• Yep, at this point, things are going quite sour. But then again, it's Vladmir Putin, I wonder what will happen when his term runs out...

His friend comes to continue the samee thing, indirectly. They just change positins constantly.

@vishna

It's Putin, his term doesn't run out until he feels like retiring.

• Russia is enemy of the big corporations funding the wars where the US has been involved.
    Russians wants peace, but the rich people behind the US politics don't.

Nah, they have their own corporations and oligarchs starting wars and exploiting people. This "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thinking is hopelessly naive.

• Hillary definitely wants to start a new Cold War. And Putin will do it.

What Guys Said 19

• The US and Russia never were enemies.

The asshole cockback fatbastards running both cuntries are rivals, out to suck up as much wealth and power for themselves as they can. The people are just pawns in their power games.

No Russian has ever done anything to me. Hell, the Russians I've met, I really liked. I liked them more than I like the average Americunt. They've been friendly and, when you understand their sense of humor, they're hilarious. They're good people, not out to just stick a knife in your back for a dollar or because they think it will somehow get them a leg up over someone else. I've been abused and fucked over far more by my so-called cuntrymen than I ever have by any Russian, ever.

• I hope USA gets destroyed. And by USA I mean its whole government, and the assholes who tell those politicians what to do. Not the ordinary people

• As long as Vladmir Putin has power over Russia nothing will be better
    and he likes Donald Trump cause birds of a feather flock together.

• I think they just kind of just deal with us because we are the other super power but talk behind our back type of relationship we have with them if you get what I mean

• Frankly depends a lot on who wins on Tuesday.

• The ex-KGB pres kind of restarted it.

• Yes, and where gonna be worse enemies if Clinton is elected. Her no fly zone in Syria and accusing Russia for hacking her and the DNC email is gonna cause another cold war that could be far worse than the last cold war.

• They still play cold war games with subs today. Not sure enemies is the right word. We still have tourists that go there and vise versa.

• Only US people thinks Russia as an enemy. More more precisely Hillary supporters. Hillary just use them.

• I prefer the term rivals

• One of the reasons I want Trump in office because Putin respects Trump and we could really improve relations, it would not be wise to get into a war with Russia, they are the ones with all the nukes.

Putin does not respect Trump: he called him "colorful", i. e. a useful idiot to discredit Western democracy and manipulate into serving the Kremlin's interests.

• yes they are, but Russia isn't the real enemy, America is

• yup they act like one

• They were never enemies.

• they where never enemies
    its just a power struggle

Allied troops even invaded Russia after the 1919 revolution (President Wilson)

@jacquesvol

yes then around the 1950s they both worked together while in Antarctica
      then formed the Antarctic treaty
      and shot missiles at the firmament in the 1960s

of course enemies its a power struggle nothing more

• If Clinton wins we could easily be at war with Russia.

• I think there more slightly hostal compatition more than anything

• I don't know... seems what Putin want's the most is to embarrass the US and idea of western Democracy. I couldn't go as far as to say enemies really. I believe Putin thinks he can hold onto power for another 16 years this way. To be perfectly honest the US has done a pretty shitty' job at proving him otherwise. Were a political fucking mess really.

Putin knows he can easily manipulate Trump, likely why all these email dumps have not affected him and only Hillary. The idea that Putin respects or has the best interest of the US in mind is laughable. The guy has hacked the emails of an opposing political candidate and Trump more than approved. Funny how Trumps current tax returns were never leaked. Maybe Russia couldn't "find" them? Trump will be in Putin's pocket day one if elected.

Were not enemies, the American people have ZERO interest of waging a war against Russia.

• Look at what happened and happens in Afghanistan, Crimea, Ukraine and Syria.