Is it bad that I dont offer rides or I have to ask for money for gas from my friends now?

Ever since I was 18 I got my license early.
I ALWAYS drove my friends around no matter what. Sometimes they paid but majority of the time I never took the money or I ALWAYS offered. After 4 years (I'm 22 now) I'm kind of sick of driving everyone around. I always drove them to all the events we went to. Or they would get dropped off to me and then I'll bring them home. ( which is cool) But never have they offered to pay. Maybe once or twice they'll pay for a meal or pay for something small. Recently I had to tell them hey can you chip in $5 each for gas? But everytime I want to go out, I have to go to the event, then drop everyone off at home (about 2-3 people), it's kind of exhausting. Is it bad? I'm trying to remain a good friend but become assertive. It's like now that we do go somewhere they EXPECT me to drive them no matter what. Should I continue to ask for gas money or have them find their own transportation sometimes?

• Yes, ask for gas money or find their own transportation
  • Continue to offer rides to them if you want

What Guys Said 1

• It's totally your choice. If you think you're feed up with giving around free rides, you can stop and tell them if you need a ride you gotta pay, "before" the journey begins.

• 28d

It's been going on for 4 years though. Literally for 4 years straight and they still haven't gotten their license yet. It's just draining and takes the fun out once the night ends having to drop everyone off.

• 28d

Just don't let those excuses drive you. If you don't like just stop it. That's it.

What Girls Said 2

• I experienced that too. They pay you once and then never again. All those people asking for rides, why can't they get their license? They dont want to for various reason yet they are the ones ALWAYS asking for rides. Im done giving people rides. So either stop or ask for gas money up front.

• 28d

Yeah, I don't mind picking them up or anything.
      It just gets really tiring thats all.

• Stop offering if you don't want to.