I'm physically unable to cry?

I've tried everything. Physical pain, mental torture, everything. And yet I find myself unable to cry. I've lost my girlfriend to suicide, my dog, and my best friend, and still I can't cry. This can't be normal. I need the emotional release, but it just doesn't trigger me, like I'm hollow inside. Please help me, I need this.

1110

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you mentioned close people and pets have died... but did you or have you ever felt real true love? Perhaps one first needs to love first to be able to be saddened to the point of breaking down?

Of course I could be completely wrong for many reasons... one being I haven't ever actually looked into this or situations such as yours... it's just simply a quick assumption... and also, I do remember learning that crying is something one learns to do to show that we are sad without words... but it is not necessarily necessary.. meaning that simply because there are no tears does t imply there isn't pain or sorrow present... often people make the mistake and assume that simply because someone doesn't cry with tears implies that the hit didn't hurt, or the situation didn't upset them as much etc etc.. but it's just not true..

That aside, my grandma is still alive and my dad and all his siblings always say they've never seen her cry at all... not even at her mothers funeral or my grandfathers funeral or her sons funeral... but I have seen her express herself in sad ways... yet no tears ever.. it's odd..

• I know love when I feel it, like with Jay. Also, I need the emotional release.

Most Helpful Guy

• I cry often. It's really weird. I start talking about how much I love my dog, I get tears in my eyes... I've always been that way. I think about my grandma i get tears in my eyes... I'm emotional and shit.

What Girls Said 10

• You're probably in shock. You'll cry when it starts to sink in. Try talking to your family about everything that's happened too, it'll probably help you get everything out.

• Have you cried before in your life?
    When did you stop crying?
    Did you heat yourself hard on the head/face before you realized you couldn't cry?

• Yes, I have cried. Three years ago. That was it. Nope, my face is completely fine.

• Sounds like I could use an emotional explosion.

• Oooor... go to therapy... that will help too... help you either get that explosion faster, or avoid it completely.

• Physical pain and torture?
    Only woosies cry from that. o. O

Wait until life gets you - no need to rush it.

• (Girlfriend at 13 - I'm pretty sure that wasn't a real girlfriend to begin with... You'll feel it eventually. If you don't, then you're just one of those people who'll have a problem with crying forever... and it will emotionally constipate you.)

• I know love when I feel it. Even though we're 13, it was so good...

• Damn sally, you are such a badass. Much wow.

• Actually it is normal... try talking about it, if not to a person just to a wall.

• Some people cope definitely. Maybe you're holding everything in but you don't even know it. It's like you're doing it but you don't mean to. It might eventually just come out one of these days. You'll break down and just cry or maybe you won't. I heard about this one guy who didn't cry at all. His mom died, his girlfriend left him, his dad died, etc. more worst things. Then one day, he broke down completely. Not in a bad way but he just cried and cried. Maybe it's a defense mechanism

• It's hard. I only get one tear out. Maybe two if I'm lucky. Being intoxicated helps. That's the only time I really cry. Even then, I get maybe 2 minutes max.

• Watch a sad movie?

• See a psychologist. Perhaps talking will help. If not maybe you would benefit from hypnotherapy.

• Can't really afford that...

• Can't talk to them, I'd look weak.

• That's what I feared before asking for help, but my fear basically kept me in a steady depression for about half this year. One day I finally broke, now that I'm more open about how I feel, I am much happier and wonder why I let that fear keep me from being happy.

• you are going through a numbing period, maybe talk to a therapist about all this?

• It's been three years, so uh I don't know

• They don't deserve my problems, they're doing too good without them

• you aren't giving them problems, you are letting them know yours.

• Its ok, some people just dont cry even when it hurts a lot. Dont worry. you're still young too, maybe someday you will find yourself bejng able to cry.

What Guys Said 9