My father dropped my birth certificate? I wanna cry so mych right now?

I can't get help from anyone and my only choice is to get on this site... he left me and my mothers house a month ago and he dropped off my birth certificate at our house this morning as if im dead to him or something... what do i do...

Most Helpful Guy

• He's just giving it to you because you will need it as identification in the future. Not because you're dead to him.

If he isn't going to be around, there's no point in him keeping it.
    It's the sort of thing you need to look after yourself.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how horrible this feels, my mother did similar. But really, please understand DNA does not make somebody loyal to you. Some people would sell out their own mother to get something they wanted. DNA doesn't make them do the right thing. And sometimes, in life, there are good and bad people, unfortunately some of those bad people are family members. It is no loss of yours to lose somebody who behaves like this. A man who does this to his own daughter... He must be even worse to other people, he is no loss to your mother and you.
    He is a dick, truly, and you're well rid of him. Who would do that! Asshole! His break up with your mother has absolutely nothing to do with you.

OR, maybe he knows she'll need it for things like getting a driver's license, maybe enrolling in a school, that sort of thing.

And I've seen women move across state lines, in violation of a court order, and prevent a man from seeing or even talking to his kids. I've seen them get no-contact orders that cover the children just by saying she's scared.

@Barrabus_the_Free if she violates a court order, which anybody can do, even he can ignore a no contact if he wanted, doesn't mean nothing will happen or it won't look terrible for her when he takes her to court.
      And she can get whatever order she wants, doesn't mean it will stick for any significant amount of time. All he has to do is turn up to court.
      Like I said, I've seen these difficult women (which I do tell off my guys about when they get caught up in it, for choosing such a woman)
      But these days, they can be difficult if they want to, and they can make it harder than it has to be, but unless he's a child abuser, he'll see his kids. That's why my step daughter is here so often and even has her bedroom in this house. There's no way in 2016 a man will totally just not see his kids. And if that were the case with this dad, why would he even be at the house violating an order, but he doesn't violate an order to not speak to his kid.

What Guys Said 8

• Well whatever it is that you do, know that it is not your fault. Him not wanting to be your father is his and his fault alone.

• You'll have to tell me the history between you two so I can tell you what happened

• well he dropped it off because you need it.

• I don't think you're dead to him. He probably dropped it off to your mom because she may need it since you live with her

• Forget about him. He abandoned you. If he ignores his obligations to you as a parent then it's up to you to decide now on how you want to live your life. At least he won't ever be there to give you any hard times or boss you around.

• I doubt he dropped it off to be mean he probably did it because he knows you will need it when you get a driver license or passport or something like that

• It might not be his fault, don't just assume it was his decision to leave the both of you. Something else could of happened between him and your mom.

• Yeah, um, we would need to know the whole story

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know if dropping off your birth certificate means you are dead to him. It is a vitally important documents that is needed for identification.

• Why is he leaving?