In terms of relationships/marriage, do you think people give up too easily rather than trying to work through issues and fight to keep what they have?

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, a thousand percent. Anyone who gets a divorce, for any reason other than wanton infidelity, lied when they took their oath to their spouse. That is why people who get one divorce, are likely to get two divorces, because they think "I'll just move on like I did before."

Then they get another divorce, and another. I have seen it first hand with my own mother.

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah I think so. I think sometimes people have an unrealistic idea of what a relationship is suppose to be. You WILL fight in relationships and you will have days where you can't stand each other however the love will always be there so just focus on getting back to that instead of walking away because honestly true love is pretty rare and worth fighting for.

all about maintaining honest and open communication and with this, not only listening but really hearing, both the said and unsaid

Exactly... but I guess since these days you can find anyone within 5 min thanks to technology that people always have the grass is greener thoughts in their head.

That's why I'm not in Facebook. When I was more active in social media I was like crazy.

• Well it'd depend on what part of world you are talking about. In my part of the world, there's cultural and societal pressure to make relationships work as far as possible. Sometimes it is stretched out so much that people try to keep things going even if there's no hope.
    Interestingly people of my generation have slightly less patience in this matter though. Still more or less the situation is same.

• Yes its definitely becoming commen for people to give up on their relationships easily

• a lot of people pick the wrong partners or married too soon due to religious reasons

• Sadly yes. Now everything has been tainted by the "throw-away" culture, including marriage. Divorce rate is so high. The kids get the brunt of divorce...

• Some do, some probably shouldn't have gotten together at all and just realized it to late. Marriage doesn't have to be a death sentence if it's not working it's not working.

life sentence I mean. It's not a game people aren't handing out awards to people who put themselves through the wringer and are miserable , but stayed together... like that's all that mattered. if it's not working it's not good for you, your partner or your kids if you have them.

• Well sadly I'm from a culture where divorce is like a sin. I've seen my mom hang on to a very abusive man when I'd just wish she would let it all go and start fresh. So from my perspective and all the women I know from my background, they try too hard to fight for something that is never worth it. However, in American culture, yeah I do often find people break up for the dumbest reasons instead of working it out. My brother's girlfriend broke up with him because she felt disrespected in a conversation, never explained why or tried to fix it. They're together again now but I know it's only a matter of time again haha..

What Guys Said 14

• 100% agree. its not like the old days where people would work with their problems and stick together. the whole understanding of marriage has no reality to many people anymore

• I know what you are getting at - It does seem that way especially among younger people but on the other hand I don't encourage staying in a relationship that is beyond rescue - So I give a mixed response work as hard as you can to save if there is hope but don't feel bad about calling it a day for your own, your partner's and your family's optimum outcome.

• Yes just look at society and you'll have your answer.

• Yes, absolutely. Ain't it worth fighting for? Has one done something so henious you can justify leaving, if not, why not?

• Yes, definitely, on the other hand lots of people get/stay together for the wrong reasons as well.

• Yes, I do. Especially with marriage, too many people enter into marriage with no more real commitment than two teenagers going steady in junior high. When the going gets tough one or the other of them bails out.

• Some relationships / marriages are not worth saving , you have to weigh everything up. I'm far happier after ditching my ex wife around a year ago , no ones wants a lazy , complaining slob !!

What surprises me is why people choose to stay with a slob for so long they even get married!

@es20490446e Stay as you are !! Those that hate that are uptight anal retentives. I love offensive humour... can't beat a good " Yo Mamma " joke !! Being former British Army , what else can you expect !!

I will follow your advice ;)

• I think some people give up way to easy. They expect every to be easy if not they fold, but things that are great usually don't come easy.

• In many cases, yes. I think the concept of soul mates doesn't help.

• Yes, I think so. And personally I'm having some issues because of it, because I want a girlfriend who is truly warm and I rarely see that! I rarely feel safe in a relationship.

• Yes I think so in marriage.

Then again, some get married for the wrong reasons as well.

• No I don't. I think that we Americans stay in shitty marriages
    and relationships far too long.

• Yeah but a lot of the time it's also about not knowing if the other person is thinking or feeling the same way. Both people have to fight for it, or make an effort even in a friendship or communication.

Can u help me out www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2164515-who-does-each-person-care-about-in-each-of-these-9-sexual-scenarios

• Yes almost anything can be worked out if you want it to