Why would a guy share personal things with me, want me to confide in him when something is wrong, and then just stop talking to me?

One night he thought I was upset and I kept saying I'm not and kept telling me to please tell him (even though I wasn't upset). Later we start sharing personal information about each other and when I left he told me to call him if I ever need someone to talk to. He said he wanted to see me again but its been almost 3 months later and he hasn't contacted me. I drunk texted him a few nights ago and he never responded. What is the deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Strange behaviour by him but I think you should move on and forget about him, he is not good for you.

I guess you're right. I hate how much it's been bugging me though. Like I feel so sad all the time that someone who I shared some personal information with and had a moment like that with just stops talking to me and then when I contact him (even though it wasn't exactly intentional) it sucks. He would always tell me before one of us left to text him and made a comment that I never text him anymore one time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to say this but he probably met someone else. Unfortunately some people like the idea of confiding in someone, but they would rather be with someone else. Just move on. It's been 3 months and he hasn't messaged you back. What would he say if he came back all of a sudden? I know it might seem like it would be comforting, or exciting. But most likely you will be left with the feeling that something is wrong or missing. Why did he not reply to you in the first place? What was going on? Would any excuse really matter or is the connection between you two now too damaged to move forward?

Honestly if a person is interested in you, they won't stop talking to you for 3 months. It sounds to me like this person enjoyed your company, but they chose someone else. I'm sorry to say that, but that is the most likely explanation.

I thought he had found someone else the last him he stopped talking to me but then he came back. Mind you we were just hooking up back then so it didn't really matter to me. Of course that is a possibility. by the way it's been a few days that he hasn't responded to that drunk text but we just haven't spoken in almost 3 months. I've made a decision that if he tried to talk to me again that I would tell him how I feel and I don't like these potential games he plays. I'm not just going to act like everything is ok if he did talk to me again.

I think that's probably the best way to handle it. Don't just let it slide. Because you are obviously hurt by it. Hopefully you get the answers to your questions.

What Guys Said 5

• It could of been that he felt that he shared to much and is embarrassed and scared. So he ran away. He probably has been hurt before by sharing.

Now that you mention it he did kinda do the same thing where he let me in on some personal information related to some things he was struggling with and then stopped talking to me for a while. I'm pretty sure it didn't take him that long to contact me again last time though.

Well good luck I hope that you two work it out.

I mean I wasn't implying that something was going to happen but thanks I guess

• That "I care" spiel was an attempt to get you to fuck him. Since it didn't work he's moved on

• He's probably found another girl who's upset n could use him to talk too lol

• Sounds like he had bad experiences with people hiding their feelings to him before.

I don't quite understand what you mean by hiding their feelings to him.

• He may have been embarrassed.

What Girls Said 2

• Some guys are fickle, they either don't have or don't know who to deal with their emotions towards a female. If they don't have them, they sometimes I think just try to make it nice for themselves and the girl by playing nice and interested until the realize they are not and move on. If they really do care and have feelings, they allow other things to come between them and the girl and that hurts the girl just as much. We deserve a guy who has the feelings towards us that we do towards them and who know how to show it and follow through with it by showing us in actions not just words.

He has been fickle a lot but not to this extent. Like I just don't understand why he can't even contact me back even though I was drunk when I sent him a text. He would always tell me to text him in the past even though he's a bad texter waiting forever to respond or would stop responding.

That's sweet of you, feel free to let me know if you ever need anything.
      I just don't understand but I probably never will

Me either, I am here also if you ever want to chat :)

• I suppose he wanted an one-night stand or something alike.

Did you not read the whole question? It seems like you just read the title.

Sorry, I misunderstood then.

I thought I included it in my question but I guess not. I tried to keep the description as short as I could.