My young brother is being racially bullied at school. What should I do?

Okay so I am the legal guardian of my brother, and well lately he has been getting bullied. It's getting worse as days go by and he is getting bullied because he is Asian. Sometimes these kids will verbally and physically taunt him. And I have contacted the school faculty but they will do absolutely nothing about it. The bullying is still going on and I don't want him to go through this. As a child I was also bullied for this reason so I understand how he feels. It's really affecting him he can't focus in school, his grades are dropping, and sometimes he is afraid to even go to school.

1mo Thank you everyone for your answers! They are really helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him the next time they fuck with him, hit the biggest one as hard as he can, right in the throat. Or the nuts. And then really tear into them, and don't stop until someone physically pulls him off the guy.

Some people say nose, but soft targets are easier on your hand. You won't break a bone in your hand hitting someone in the throat. And, you can still swing at someone after getting blasted in the nose. But when you take a hit to the throat and can't breathe, most people stop and think about the choices they've made in life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh that's aweful. But I look at is as we can't protect our kids or siblings forever but we can give them tools that last forever in dealing with this kind of hate and harassment. How did you deal? Did you deal? How could you have dealt better? And maybe seek advice from your community.

I've never seen an Asian kid bullied but I hear it happens in California. I was the yearbook photographer in high school and standing in the sidelines heard a very good friend called the N word and told worse during a basketball game. He was the best layer in our district but it got to him at first and it broke my heart. But his Mama called out some encouraging words that were code and he was back in line playing great.

It only effects you if you let it. Trust me I was bullied to and only you can give them that power. Once it ceases to land they move on to someone else.

What Guys Said 14

• You go directly to the principal. If you get nowhere then go to the school board. If still nothing then go to the kids and their parents

• You can handle this in different ways, one way would be talk to him and explain him that if he lets himself get bullied they will continue to do it, he needs to stand his own ground even if that means consequences, this happend to me before , and i wish i did that, if you let people fuck with you , then you are fucked! put him on some martial arts class and talk to him, you know how it feels so teach him and let him fight his own battle, inspire him to go after those school results or whatever he wants to achieve and not be a coward even if it means him getting into a fight , might not sound great iknow but if he ever goes through this i can see him being a great man, or if he doesn't he might turn into one of those racist people that hates everybody.

• Yes, talk directly to the principal and be on his ass about it, don't let the principal drag his feet. If he takes too long, talk to the school board AND notify the police at the same time. Ask about getting a protective order for your brother.

What general city or state do you live? This is fucking bullshit, it's 2016!

There may be local resources that you can tap into like:
    NAACP
    Asian community groups? Google them in your city. I live in a small state where our population is only 2 million and we have Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Laos community outreach groups.

Good luck and please keep us updated!

• You can either tell him to go work out and fight, make friends or switch schools. Do yours even a group of older male friends/relatives who can wait outside the school for the bullies?

• Put him into boxing or martial arts and teach him to defend himself.

• They are ignoring you at their peril. Get a lawyer. Their failure to address this issue is very serious and leaves them open to a suit.

• Have him carry pepper spray.

• You should have him take karate or something to help boost his confidence and teach him how to defend himself and contact the board of education in your state. Most states take bullying really seriously now.

• Pff just send him to martial arts or something, don't teach him to be penny/sissy boy who gets beat up.

I got bullied 1 time in my life when I was a kid. Then my father beat my ass cause I was bullied and he told me to beat that guy or don't even come back to home. Thats what I did, I fucked him up and never got beaten again. I became the bully from that day on, teach him how to be a man not a coward.

• Home school him instead.

• Get him out don't question it

hun just get him out don't make the same mistake my family did

• How do you know it's racial?

He told me everything they said to him, that's how I know it is racial bullying. My brother is the only Asian kid at the school he attends. (Because we live in the deep South) He told me everything these kids have said or done to him. One time he came home with a bruise on his face and it it was from kids on his bus. So I take him to school and pick him up, but of course the bullying is going on at school now too.

• Schools usually only care about racial stuff if they are Black.
    Have him start working out and have him take karate lessons. If you solve the problem physically and in front of other students, the rest will likely leave him alone.

• I got bullied in middle school and made the mistake of confiding in my mom. If you want him to get his ass beat more, tell the principal or anyone at the school. They will take no precautions and will namedrop your son in an instant, and his bullies will know immediately who told on them. They will hang their heads and "yes sir" the principal until he lets them go and then they will give your son hell. That's what happened to me. If my son ever tells me he is getting bullied, I'll tell him to punch the biggest one directly in his nose. I wish I had someone to encourage me to fight for myself back then, instead they made excuses for me and told me it was ok to shy away from violence like a coward. I wish I could go back and take an ass beating to preserve my dignity.

What Girls Said 2

• He needs to ignore it, not even give them the pleasure of a reaction. If he can't do that you talk to the principal, if they do nothing you threaten to take it further.

• I would send him to another school in your district or close to it tbh.