What do you think about the new Wonder Woman trailer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks really fun to me. I love wonder woman as a character. She's been a feminist cultural icon for over 75 years. She's one of the first female superheroes. She's always challenged the status quo that women can't hang with the boys. It will be interesting to see how she plays off of Steve Trevor. He's a WW1 era guy and she's a woman who will hate the gender conventions of that time period. She's also gonna have the power to save all the boys in man's world.

This has the power to inspire young girls to do anything. It also has the power to inspire young boys to change their outlook on women.

I'm looking forward to it on that basis.

no no no, she was created in the WWII era.

Steve Trevor was an intelligence officer in the United States Army Air Corps during World War II whose plane crashed on themyscira

• 29d

@Emiko they're actually using a bunch of her origins and also adding some original stuff. She does say she was created by Zeus and even has his shield and sword (which is mostly from New 52), but she's also thousands of years old and we have a young Steve Trevor who's actually fighting in a war (mostly a mix of Golden Age and Post-Crisis).

They have many different versions to take ideas from, so they can take the best from each.

• 22d

Thanks for MH

What Girls Said 14

• I don't know why people keep remaking movies these days, or doing sequels and prequels. there's so many good stories out there that haven't been turned into movies or series yet. Why always pick the cliche things...
    I mean, how many Spidermans do we have? Supermans? Batmans? Cinderellas? Now Belle is also coming out? And really, Superwoman too? 😐 WHEN WILL THIS ENDDD?

I will not be watching it for sure, even though I like the historical theme to it, nah, not interested.

well she is kinda important. She is only one of the founders of the justice league personally I can't wait until they do a movie of her vs. Aqua-man lol they are polar opposites in personality.

I also want a proper movie done of Martian Man-hunter (j'oon) and I think they will introduce him eventually in a superman movie. Most people do not know this but the Martian is the guy the used as a replacement when supper man wasn't available. He is strong as shit.

@Emiko Agreed, plus Wonder Woman has NEVER had her own movie on the big screen ever. This is not a remake at all, but the first time EVER that this story has ever been adapted to the big screen. I'm surprised some people haven't noticed that lol, but it's a pretty well-known fact that all attempts at a Wonder Woman movie for years and years --- maybe even DECADES --- have been stuck in development hell because the studio heads refused to fund a big-budget superhero movie with a woman as the main character.

• 29d

This isn't a remake. Wonder Woman has never had a live action movie on the big screen

• That Gal Gadot though. I'm excited for when her movie comes out. Best part is I get to see it for free!

• The girl is adorable, but the movie... pass.

• Spazzing out is a bit much to say, but I have been wanting to see this movie since they've been talking about it for 2 years now. And I swear I love Gal Gadot to pieces, I really do, but I just don't think this role was meant for her.

I concur. I enjoy most of Gadot's work, but if I remember right Wonder Woman was an 'amazon' or rather large and strong woman. She's a bit narrow for the character, but I think her acting skills may be able to handle it. This is the first film I know of where she will be the lead.

I think I was picturing more like a brunette Rhonda Rousey but we'll see how Gal does. I'm sure she will pull it off.

• Eh, looks like they're doing what D. C. usually does. Cram too much into one movie just because it makes the trailer look slightly better. I'll see it just because I like the actress in it but I don't anticipate it being any good

• Just to clear this up because you are pissing off me and a bunch of other die hard DC comic nerds.

Diana is introduced right after WWII ended. She was depicted fighting in WWII and other supper villains. If you don't believe me for Christ sake google it , her debut was in the All Star comics #8 please if you don't believe me google it or even better go straight to the DC wiki please I beg you.

Again I repeat this is not WWI this is WWII!!! WORLD WAR TWO, 2, WW2, World War II.

How am I pissing you off?
      You can look this up the producers confirmed it long ago.. yes the "comic" book was set originally around WW2 however the "Movie" is set around WW1. They changed the plot so calm down.

@zorro8888 no your right lol I admit it. I thought I was mistaken in thinking that it was WW1 because I knew in the comics it had taken place during ww2

@Bluemax Good eye about the medal lol. And besides the filmmakers explicitly saying this is the First World War, the most obvious points are also the trench warfare, "No Man's Land", gas masks, and chemical weapons shown in the various footage of the movie, which were some of the most notorious aspects of that war. I think there is even a dramatic shot of Wonder Woman walking through chemical gas that probably just killed everybody else (at 0:20):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LzkKR-22IQ

• I'm not a fan of comic book stuff. I feel like only guys are going to see that. I didn't see too many women on Facebook talking about it.

Well of course there will be more guys going to see it, always been that way with that genre.
      But I think you're going to get a decent amount of women going to see it, especially since this would be the first superhero movie with a female lead.

Completely forgot about catwoman lol does super girl count? I mean it's only a TV show

Oh I thought it was a movie lol

• It's about time she got her own movie. I'm really excited. I wasn't so keen on Gal Gadot playing the role but she got my hopes up in BvS.

• It looks pretty good. I will consider seeing it.

• I really want to see it.
    I don't really know much about her but after my boyfriend explaining Wonder Woman to me, I'm really excited to see it.

• I like it, it looks like a fun movie.

• I'm excited

• I want to see it but I chose B cause it was funny

• I like the girl nohomo

What Guys Said 21

• I've been waiting for this movie most of my life. I think I've been waiting on Dr. Strange since I was a child, but I've been waiting on a decent Wonder Woman movie nearly as long.

• Wonder Women already had super shit writing in the comics, trailer looks boring, last DC movies were subpar and the actress proved herself to be a major c*nt. No, thanks. Not gonna watch this.

• Gal Gadot. Yep, yep. Gal Gadot all the way.

My friend's son works for DC. He got to meet Gal at the last San Diego Comicon. He said she's even cuter in person. I didn't think that was possible.

• Short and simple: Gal Gadot is the perfect Wonder Woman.

• Well I'll just say that it enticed me enough to at least download and watch it.

• Gal Gadot is hot <3

• I don't care anything about movies about comic book characters and super heroes.

• Tomb Raider meets 300 meets Inglorious Basterds meets Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

• Nope.

• She has toned up nicely from Fast 5

• looks good, is she fighting in world war 2?

No, it's the First World War back in the 1910s era. :) This war was also significant in terms of women's rights because women in several countries --- including the United States --- won the right to vote at the end of it.

@Emiko Yes she fought in the Second World War in the original comics, but this 2017 movie version has adapted the story to take place during the FIRST World War instead. This is what I'm saying.

You can Google more information about the movie to see more about this change, and the filmmakers' reasoning behind it. Also, in real history, the First World War is the one that people originally and popularly know as "the war to end all wars":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_war_to_end_war

God this sucks

• I'm not a fan of super hero movies, so it doesn't seem appealing to me

• Nice trailer, but I think Gina Carano should have gotten the part instead.

• Should have taken the trend of ruining characters and made wonder woman a man.

• Her legs though😍😍😍😍. The movies gonna be ass unless aries is in it.

• Haven't seen it. I don't get it.

• Gal Gadot=sexy af

• Looks awsome.
    I might see it. But not promising myself or anything right now.

• I'm guessing they changed it to WWI. To make the movie seem at least slightly different from Captain America The First Avenger...

• I might well watch it if it eventually comes out on netflix but i'm in no real hurry

then again that my approach with a lot of movies and id watch it with someone but

• Feminist propaganda