What does it mean if someone likes to remove his/her glasses to check for any specks of dust or dirt when talking face to face with me?

Does it mean that the lenses of their glasses are dirty? I am asking because I have literally never since any of them clean anything on their glasses O_o They just wear their glasses back after checking the lenses.
Thanks for all inputs :- )

What Guys Said 1

• Makes you look like a nerd. And if your age is right, makes you look like the mean old principal... lol... past memories do haunt

Lol, those doing this to me are people in their twenties.

well, depending on how you do it, you can come off nerdy, mean, or just pure badass...

What Girls Said 2

• Lenses get dirty a lot and are irritating when talking race to face with someone. It's extremely noticeable at that point. A little rude to clean them when talking with the person - I prefer to wait until we are down talking but it's hard sometimes

• You've got something on your face and they thought it was on their glasses. But it wasn't. It was on your face.