If you saw a parent bullying their child, would you say something to the parent?

If you saw a parent bullying their child, would you say something to the parent??

• Yes. No child should be bullied or treated like trash, especially by their parents
  • No. That's their business and I wouldn't want to get between that
  • Other (Comment)

Most Helpful Guy

• That is really tough - If it was bad physical stuff, yes I would say something either that or report them.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would depend on the severity of the situation. If the child was clearly acting out and their parent was lecturing or scolding them for that, then I wouldn't say anything. That is their business. However, if I saw them walking together and the parent started screaming at them for a silly reason, I might have to bite my tongue and observe the situation. If the parent shows no sign of softening anytime soon, or if they seem like they're about to harm the child, I will say something.

I prefer to observe situations before I react to them. To what extent are they bullying the child? Is it abuse? If it is a screaming child in a grocery store, I will ignore it. Aside from that, I'll probably interfere a tiny bit.

What Guys Said 16

• I would I actually was in this situation recently. At a hostel in the dining room there was a german guy and a adopted kid I think he was half Asian and didn't look at all like the guy. The kid wasn't eating the vegetables and the dad started shouting and hitting the table with his fist and he was embarassing the kid and stuff.

The kid was really quiet but didn't eat the vegetables for a long time. And the dad was mad said he's stay there until he ate them. It was really uncomfortable. I didn't want to stepin when he was just shouting at the kid but I was watching and if he had done more I would have done something.

After I noticed that the kid was beeing really difficult with everything brushing teeth or whatever it was. He seemed pretty douchey. So I'm kinda glad I didn't say anything but if I saw abusive behaviour I would definitely do something because I think you can't just let that happen.

• I think you're confusing good parenting with "bullying"... if someone's kid is acting like a little shit in public, I expect the parent to do something about it.

• Take a video , call child services. Send in the video. The people with the legal authority will do what's needed.
    What am I gonna do? Lecture the parent about parenting? Worst come to worst , we'll end up brawling in front of the kid. Bad scenario either way. Let the authorities do their job.

• I don't know what's been going on in that family... What might the kid have done. What rules did the parents set up for the kids to follow? Did the kid cross the rule or is the parent just abusive?

• Yes. If someone is being a bully in my presence I speak up. I don't care who you are or your position.

• If there's physical abuse, certainly. Verbal abuse, no.

• No, but I might say something to the child, like, "Fuck that ass hole, don't be like them, they'll have their day."

• Nope, parents get super pissed if you say something. Not my problem

• no i won't. but thats wrong

• If they were getting physical I might say something if it's really bad

• Nope, but I would tell child services about it.

• I've already done it

• Nope. Not my business.

• Not my business so no

• not really.

• id steal the child and keep them to myself

What Girls Said 6

• Physical Abuse= I would alert someone and separate the child from the parent.
    Verbal Abuse= Call the parent out on their bullshit and ask the child if they need help.
    Discipline= I'm not going to intervene with a parent actually trying to teach their child that what they did was wrong.

• I wouldn't say anything for three reasons:

1- I don't know what's like to be a parent, so I shouldn't give advice to anyone.
    2- What if they walk up to me and hit me?
    3- I know what they would say if they were white. And I don't want to hear or deal with that.

If it wasn't for these reasons, I probably would say something.

• I have before, but in my experience, it can actually make it worse for the kid.

• i don't know how to answer this, because some people think any form of parenting is child abuse, i saw a video of a dad saying a firm "no" to his little girl and every one in the comments was calling it abuse -_- like wtf? Some people think you should let kids walk all over you and do whatever they want so it depends on what you think bullying is.

• Depends on the situation and if I knew the parent

• I FUCKJNG hate cunts that abuse children 😡