Why do guys exaggerate their "victories" while girls often try to prove themselves very innocent and prude?

What Guys Said 9

• because traditionally men have been taught by society that having many sexual partners makes them appear more masculine

while traditionally women have been taught that appearing promiscuous makes you less desirable and susceptible to ridicule

• Both sexes are in competition with their peers.

Girls' worth is determined by being more desirable than their peers and attracting more high value guys, and being able to land the best one.

Guys' worth is determined by being more desirable than their peers and attracting more high value girls, and being able to land as many of the best ones as they can.

• That is usually a reaction to how we feel about you, If we feel insecure we make up stories that make us seem better than we are. Girls probably get many of the cues from the guys, Since we want are lovers to whores or saints, never human, guys are often put out by knowing that someone may have given you more pleasure, to the point where we can be pathological so girls will tone down stories to protect the egos our dick has.

• Isn't it obvious? It's hard for men to have sex. Therefore it's a victory. It's easy for women to have sex, therefore they hide it because society has stigmatized female sexuality.

• I never have or did. I keep my victories to myself.

• comes over the years. just about 'always' been that way. I must say though that it is a bit of a generalisation as not all guys and not al girls fall in that norm. some are different

• i dont think there's any special reason for that

• human nature.

• It's the way things have been projected from years.

What Girls Said 1

• Society and stigma. If girls sleep around a lot, they're "sluts." When guys do, they're "cool".