Why do girls get way more compliments?

So me and my friends went to New York last week for a few days. One of my friends that's a girl is really attractive, big boobs, gorgeous face etc. She got tonnes of compliments. She got like 150 compliments for the 3 days we were there from boys and girls. My other friend is a guy and he's a model and very handsome and fit and he got no compliments.. I don't know it just doesn't feel right.. no wonder a lot of guys have low self-esteem. If any of you are from New York what is your experience with this?

Most Helpful Girl

• We don't like complimenting men, not even those we find attractive, because then they assume we want something. So then they'll either ask you out or offer you sex. Very rarely has a man complimented me without wanting sex or a relationship. From complete strangers that is.
    I asked a question here about complimenting men, and a lot of them said if it's not going to lead to sex or a date, they're not interested in hearing them. So pretty much the whole point of complimenting to them was in hopes that it leads to more, and if it doesn't, they don't care to hear it.
    Lots of guys already misunderstand manners with flirting, "she said thank you to me, she must want this D" and then they proceed to make you regret being kind.
    And this isn't to say EVERY man is that desperate, but too many are and it is just messed up they ruined it for most men.

I don't compliment strangers, that's pretty weird. But I have complimented coworkers, friends, family etc.
    http://i.imgur.com/Wc9IsoZ.jpg

You are putting way too much thought into this.

" because then they assume we want something. So then they'll either ask you out or offer you sex. Very rarely has a man complimented me without wanting sex or a relationship. From complete strangers that is."

Thats what i was talking about. You are overthinking this way too much. Its just a compliment... that you think we think you want sex for giving a compliment is outright insulting.

@Blitzkrieger really? I'm talking about personal experiences. from complete strangers only like less than a handful have complimented me without then following up with "so can I get your number" offering a date or even sex.

I'm talking about MY personal experiences. You're being insensitive and condescending when you say "it's just a compliment" when I clearly stated THEY then follow up with asking me out or asking/offering sex.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's nothing right or wrong about it. It's just the way it is - guys get less attention from girls than the other way around. It has always been this way.

What Girls Said 1

• Because it's that sexism bullshit. People think guys aren't supposed to care about how they look, but girls aren't supposed care about anything else.

What Guys Said 4

• you act like this is new. This happens everywhere, not jut New York. Women always get compliments. And why the fuck do you care? It's really not that big of a deal

doesn't happen nearly as much where i live. Seems like New york is the capital for it.

Must be your 1st time in America...

• Girls don't like us anymore :(

• SHAAAAANK

• Because we live in a gynocentric world where even your 5/10 female gets praised as goddess while your average male is invisible. You want to stop the problem then stop white knighting, each man who stops doing this will stop all this silliness.

yeah white knighting is bullshit i never done that and never will.

I would like to say, Chivalry does not have to be dead but "white knighting" is absolute bullshit and the minute a chick recognizes it, if she's snart she'll walk away.