How do you guys study?

Give me your best study methods

Most Helpful Girl

• I read through the text and highlight. I highlight the important ideas in one color and the vocabulary in another color. I take notes on the sides of the text. I section my paper into portions, a big one and a small. In the bigger one I write my notes and in the smaller portion I summarize everything. Then I move on to making flash cards, question in one side, and answer on the other. I also train myself through exercises, especially when it comes to reading comprehension and grammar. I usually train on the exercises provided on our books.

Most Helpful Guy

• Get your planner and write out what's all due that week and write what you want to get done each day. Then set aside a time to study. No phone or Internet just you and whatever you gotta do. Hit the books hard and take a 5 min break every half hour or so.
    I always had no classes on Fridays. So a lot of Ines I'd do the next week readings ahead of time and the shit that had to be done on Monday. So I studied all day until I was done with it.

What Girls Said 16

• Usually make summary notes for chapters that highlight the most important parts of that chapter. Then highlight the main words or sentences related to the topic, usually I just remember what I've highlighted in the exam and that jogs my memory with everything else I wrote.
    I also hand write my notes as it helps me remember a lot easier.. you know cause you've wrote it down before. More of a visual/reading learner but depends on your learning style

• I am really random.
    Like I won't study for days and suddenly if I feel like it , I can study for 4 hours or so straight.
    Submissions and assignments are excluded from this tho.
    You can still count me in completes-labwork journals-night-before-submissions club tho

• It depends on what I'm studying for, but I'll start with what I spend the most time on first.
    For AP Euro, I read the chapter the day we move on to the next unit. It could take between 1-2 days to finish the chapter, and I take very detailed notes throughout. Then when we have something assigned, I read it again (on whatever it is). Up until the test or quiz, I review the book, notes, etc every day (even if there isn't homework assigned).
    Flashcards are excellent and really help me with remembering names and such. There are also practice questions on the back of each chapter that I make sure to go over.
    For English, I simply make flash cards for vocabulary words. My class isn't hard at all. If I have to, I annotate documents and the like.
    In math, I really don't study, but sometimes I write down formulas and do practice problems.

• Study for about an hour at a time with 15-20 minute breaks in between. Do a quick review before bed and go to sleeeep. Don't choose to go to bed late in order to study - your brain absorbs information way better when you have lots of sleep.

... is what I would have done if I didn't study the night before without any sleep.

• -- really drunk.

Jk. Depends on what I'm studying. Usually I make notes and make notes of those notes. There's also lots of highlighting and doodling going on. But usually I go by the rule of - you should be able to summarize the gist of the chapter in one page.

• Procrastinate
    No sleep
    then stress for my life.

• * turn off the internet
    * do not lay in bed while reading
    * take down notes
    * different colored highlighters
    * mnemonics
    * do brain exercises
    * visualize what you're reading
    * do applications
    * re-check your work
    * pronouncing by yourself what you have learned
    * rest for 10-15 mins
    * review your own summary
    * eat chocolates/peanuts
    * have a positive mind

• I make Flashcards and just learn everything by heart. And then I walk around my room and act as I'm explaining to someone what I just learned. Then I take a blank paper and just write down everything I remember learning.

• depends on the material

• I do "sprints", so I basically read through my notes for 20 minutes, then take a small break for 10 minutes, then study for 20 minutes, etc. I can't study with any music or sounds playing, it has to be totally quiet.

• I don't recommend the way I study lol

• flashcards in Q&A format + practice problems

• Lol I'm terrible at studying. So, I have no tips to offer you.

• I'm a visual learner so make I make revision notes with cute diagrams and cartoons that are coloured in. I also always make sure my work is neat

• I lock myself in my room with candles

What Guys Said 12

• I write a checklist of what to do and completing each thing earns me points which I can then spend on something. That motivates to go through anything and everything.

• I don't study and I didn't study in school... yeah b+ student!!!

• Put on a comfy hoodie/sweatshirt and sweatpants, grab a cup of tea, and study portion by portion, no skipping around. Once I'm done review everything one last time. Repeat the points I should remember in my head throughout the day or night.

• Google.

• Leave my schoolbooks in my bag at all times when im home.

• I write down the things I read, make researches from diffrent sources and take notes every time.

• Your brain retrieves the most information if you study for 45 minutes continuously, with no distractions, and then takes a 10 minute break.

• I learn through application reading and discussing with extra visual confrontation of theory

• I do not even study. I just show up and make A's. :P

• I have a idedic memory so I read it once and get 100% and yes I'm aware how much you all hate me right now

• i dont study... university is a waste of time and money

• With my girlfriend striping every time I get answer right