Is it true that Asian people can't drive?

Me and my friends were driving to Golden coral when an Asian lady almost made us crash. my friend got mad and said "man Asians cannot drive!" i'm not racist because as a kid i was constantly made fun of for my race. so i was kinda mad by what he has said but i just let it slide. when we finally got there i started to think about it again. growing up i always heard that. when i was 12 another Asian almost made u crash. my mom cursed at her saying "i got a fricken child in the car what wrong with you!" my mom turned to my dad and said "Asians do not know how to drive."
my dad just said "yep."

Why just Why?
i never have problems on the road with any race but Asians.

What Guys Said 15

• Generally speaking, Asian countries are much more homogenous. So they tend to create road systems around the population. They usually don't have rules in the sense the west does. A driving license is pretty easy to obtain without much instruction needed. You can drive on the path and traffic lights are sort of a suggestion rather than a need.

I think they probably aren't the best drivers but they take a different concept of rules

• There aren't many Asians right around where I live, but I see a lot of them causing accidents. If you ever see some fucking idiot run a stop sign, Asian.
    One shut down a bridge, he was in the wrong lane or something, one ran a stopsign and my buddy totaled his van.

Other people are shitty drivers, but I think everyone who has ran a stop sign and almost hit me was Asian.

• Au contraire.

Do you know that Asians think that white people can't drive?

Seriously.

From our eyes, white people are slow, inconsiderate, inefficient and just get in the way of people who need to get things done. Worst of all, they can't park for shit. Driving amongst other white drivers is excruciatingly painful. Asians everywhere generally agree that white drivers desperately need driving lessons.

• 0|1
    • 28d

? lol

• 28d

@Afrochick lol that's the brazzers guy that fucks 100s of chicks. I saw this and was thinking I just have to post it somewhere

• 28d

OH I know that's Johnny Sins lmao I love him,
      the gif just made no sense to me relating to the question.

xD

• It's just a stereotype... most people are terrible drivers

• Yep, that's why there's no cars in Asia, they had to take them away cause of so many accidents.

• What do you think? Haha ๐Ÿ˜Ž

https://youtu.be/EBxNurSusrI

• Drive faster next time!

Srs though, what exactly did this Asian lady do?

• 0|0
  • They can. Their culture is just a bit different over there. The chaos is their harmony

• I've spent a lot of time around Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. I've seen plenty of wicked cases of D. W. A. around there, I assure you.

• You wanna know bad drivers? Go to fuckin' Italy.

• It sure seems that way from what I've seen

• It's depending on the person not the race or ethnicity. Asians who have experience in their countries have excellent skills when it comes to driving. Asian roads are messy, mostly unruly and with those crazy drivers with hair raising stunts on the roads. Because of that, in order to avoid crashes they need lot of skills on the road. And that makes them pretty much skilled and can drive on any kind of road in any country.

But still there are people who can't get their skills up to the standards. (Asian standards when it comes to driving skills, is petty much high). But the reason isn't the race or ethnicity.

• It's true Asians and all women, Just horrible drivers.

• 28d

And then add the two together 😂😂

• 28d

@annalori actually a little background to that bad Asian driver stereotype. It was common joke in the 80's here in Southern California. Japanese company's would set up their North-American HQ here. They would cycle over Executives for short periods of time (9months), never quite allowing them to get used to driving in the states with steering on the opposite side.

Asians are no worse drivers than Americans. I find it ironic that women would peddle this BS stereotype. They get this stereotype even worse. Americans as a whole are shitty drivers actually.

What Girls Said 12

• If you're talking about actual immigrants FROM ASIA... uh... have you ever been to an Asian country, and seen what the situation is like on the roads?

With the exception of Japan and (to a certain extent) Korea, Asian countries' streets have VERY narrow lanes, poor (if any) markings and signage, and dangerous at-grade intersections... and they are almost invariably choked with car, bicycle, AND pedestrian traffic.
    Also, the sidewalks -- where there even *are* distinct sidewalks -- tend to be littered with kiosks and other obstructions, not to mention aggressive salespeople peddling food and such.

Really... Try driving in China or the Philippines sometime.
    The PRINCIPAL HAZARDS, in those countries, consist of... basically, random shit jumping out in front of yr car COMPLETELY WITHOUT WARNING. Where "random shit" includes animals, small children, cyclists/pedestrians, and (in the Philippines at least) chickens.
    And because there's all that crap on the sidewalks -- not to mention the sheer overwhelming number of people -- you usually CAN'T see any of those things until the very last second.

When you learn to drive in that kind of environment... you *don't* learn to "keep yr eyes on the road".
    You learn to keep yr eyes on everything BUT the road.

So... When people from those countries come to the States, their skills are ill matched to *our* roads -- where the lanes are SUPER wide, the traffic is fast, and there's little if any threat of randoms jumping in front of cars.
    In those few US locations that *do* have lots of pedestrian traffic -- like the Las Vegas strip, and the "thru streets" in midtown Manhattan -- the sidewalks are physically separated from the roads, by fences, greenery, or other such barriers.

So... basically, Asian immigrants have a skill set that's mostly useless on US roads, because our roads are SO DIFFERENT.

__

Really... Go to Manila, or Beijing, or Shanghai. Rent a car. Drive around for a while. I bet you'd absolutely piss yrself (and you might even hit people/animals/etc).

... and then the native Chinese or Filipino people will ask each other, "Why are Americans such shitty (and fearful) drivers?"
    😂😂

SRSLY.

• 28d

But how does that lead to them causing crashes?

• 28d

@BigBallerSodaPop On American roads, slow, erratic, and/or overly "reactive" driving is MUCH more dangerous than fast driving.

Fast drivers just have to not hit other cars -- which isn't that hard, as long as the driver is sober.

Slow, erratic, and/or jumpy drivers make EVERY OTHER driver have to avoid THEM.

• Lol that's profiling... Asians can drive... my boyfriend is Asian and he drives a standard. When we first started talking I vaguely teased him by making Fast and Furious references and asking him if he drove a souped up Acura or Toyota. Close enough... he drives a Mazda hatchback. XD

• Lol, im Asian, i drive just fine, ask anyone except the couple i almost ran down in the restaurant parking lot last week.

• 28d

You probably rent because you're stupid or couldn't afford a house, a down payment, or qualify for a loan.

This is because I'm smarter than you.

• 28d

@BigBallerSodaPop

Ohhh for fuck sake, would you shutup already. You act like it takes some brilliant person to decide to rent or buy a house. I don't know what part of the world you come from, but where i come from most people have more than two brain cells.

• How many times has the exactly same thing happened to you when the other driver was white/black/latino, though?
    (.. some Asians can't drive, some can. As can be said about drivers from every single other race.)

• Girl, chill out. It's just a stereotype. Are all Asians also ninjas and geishas? No? Okay then, so why would this be true?

• That happens with everyone. Old people, young people, any race or population. There's always gonna be idiots on the road.
    Also, drive better. Unless someone just goes extra crazy and decides to directly ram into you, you can generally avoid potential collisions.

• 28d

That being said, Asian people in NY actually do drive like they're deaf, dumb, blind, and there sheets to the wind. But pretty much everyone in NY drives like a complete uncivilized moron.

• i think so, and i'm Asian, lol

• Driving skills are based on the person, not their ethnicity

• I actually hit an Asian persons car so clearly they're better drivers than me.

• yes.

• Well my mom can't.

• 0|1