Should I move out?

21 F
No kids or boyfriend or husband
I make 1200 a month
I go to community college
I work full time
I can't cook
I have a pet bird
I can't drive but no my way around the bus

What Guys Said 21

• Income - $1200

Expenses:
    Tuition
    Rent
    Food
    Electricity
    Water
    Gas
    Transportation
    Saving money for the taxman.
    Rainy day funds.
    Assuming you'll want some money leftover to improve your credential so you aren't working for 1,200.
    Assuming you want to save some money for some goal you have in mind.

Only you know the math.
    Most financial analysts recommend you save AT LEAST 20% of your income when you're 20 if you ever want to reach financial independence before you're too old to enjoy it.
    www.moneyunder30.com/percentage-of-income-should-you-save

• 1200 isn't much at all.
    Calculate all your expenses per month.
    Apartment costs ____ + internet/tv monthly cost.
    Electricity.
    Gas.
    Food
    Clothing
    Alcohol
    Random other things/wastes of money.

I would imagine a month of food and rent will be at least half of your income.
    Unless you really need to, maybe wait until after college or get a roommate.

• 29d

Oh Waterbill as well mybad. Some might include all orsome.

• Don't move out. You spend way less money living with your parents and can save a lot. It can make a huge difference in the future.

• I don't know. You have the ability to move out at a place close to your place of work or college. You also have advantages of staying at home. So use your option wisely.

• https://youtu.be/-xLfxNuW-xo

not sure you're ready for it.

• YAAAS. Find a roommate and gain your independence. Best thing for you right now. Trains are better than buses in my opinion. Too many crazy people who can't drive from having their licenses revoked are riding the bus. haha

• Dude, keep it up and remember to save some of your money from your paychecks in a savings account so you don't have to live paycheck to paycheck.

• maybe with a roommate. I have almost the same situation except I have a roommate and I do fine. i do have a car though because our public transportation is not that great. So yeah go for it if you're ready

• I would wait until you make more or find a roommate, and even better build some more up in savings.

I just want be in control of my life. I don't want live under my parents rules forever.

I understand I stayed at home til I had a more stable work.

• I'm kinda in the same boat except I don't have a job or go to school right now. So I know how you feel, but do you think that you could afford to live on your own. With paying the bills and rent and buying all your own food.

• move out be social with ur colgues make friends than wisely choose boyfriend learn to drive and cook make new hobby

• Doubt you'll be able to sustain yourself with 1200 a month.

• Stay home mummy knows best

• What do you dislike about your current kingdom, your highness?
    What's your bird's name, btw? lol

• No..

• What would be the purpose?

Independece and growing up

I need to distress... I need to be happy with myself and for once in my life not freak out about school.

I've never been a proponent for higher education and have never stepped foot in a college by choice but I know most that have been there done that recommend graduating first then playing. I guess if you take a break from it the chances of finishing go down dramatically

• Move get a damn car

• Move out after community college

• And they say women are under paid. What do you do, Hook?

• yeah, move out. you can always move back in if things get rough. that way you'll learn independence.

• I'm in a similar boat

26
    M
    Disabled
    No car
    No job
    No hope unless like an act of God helps me move out

What Girls Said 13

• If you live in any of the US major cities, forget it. You can't survive on 1200 a month. I'm sorry. This is not the 1970's, 80's or 90's. Unless you live in Phoenix, Arizona. Expect to pay key money, 3 months a down payment [ which is paid ahead before you even try to move in], broker fee, etc. Plus show proof of income, recommendations if any, statements from work, etc. And with all the bills, you will be paying close to $3000 with everything first. And then the regular rent should be $1100 --> $1400 depending. Plus electric, gas and water bill as part of utilities. Cable, phone and internet if you need, etc. So no. Wait until after community college. Go for an internship in the field of your study, get references, and search for jobs ASAP before you graduate.

• I'd say wait. That's not enough to get by. I guess it depends on where you live but either way it's going to be a major struggle on that salary.

• It's really up to you. No one can make the decision but you. Some things you may want to consider are: Is your situation at home good? If so you may want to consider staying to save money and finish college. If not, then you may wan to consider moving out.

• Don't move out until after community college. That's what I did and don't regret it at all money wise.

• I can honestly say you should stay home and SAVE SAVE SAVE.

• I advise you not to ^^

• I think its better to get a car first, because I take the bus and its more convenient to have personal transport for groceries, and night time commuting

• Move out of where? With your parents? if so then sure why not, if you're ready for that step

• No, you should keep trying to save up money for once you graduate college.

• if you want to move out you can i can't drive a car and I can't cook ether and that's because I'm disabled

• The first question you have to ask is can I live on $1200 a month?

if I find a place that I can pay for 500 and than I'll have 500 to keep

• Depends. Can I move in with you?

• If it'll make u happier then yes u sound pretty independent