Will Trump win the US election?

I was told by a guy i know earlier today that he got 1 to 6 odds of him winning a few weeks ago.
But so far he is leading by 26 electoral votes as of 2:06 am gmt?

1mo Im thinking maybe i should have bought some stock options or a safe investment like gold the markets are getting hectic.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 9

• I've actually done the math in terms of predictions, and in terms of well secured electoral votes the democrats are actually leading. That's just based on the currently available results combined with the predictions from various news sources. See, the thing is that most of the center states are more republican, so the states where democrats win are mostly decided relatively early and relatively late. In the middle, it's pretty normal for republicans to take something of a lead.

You are wrong on this. Trump would get 302 as of right now.

Florida is almost on the bag. North Carolina looks like it will go trump. Neither of those are shocks they were both coin tosses that trump needed to be in the game.

The really alarming one is Michigan. It looks like it may flip. If he holds the traditional R states and swing states he was leading along with those three he's got it.

@0112358: Yeah, looking at it now it pretty much looks like it might just come down to Florida. Which is pretty damn worrying

• i don't care what anyone says. between the two choices for crappy candidates, i honestly hope he wins. because i have never been more scared of anyone being president than hillary. go trump!

Why what do you think she would do?

• 29d

@Fightingspirit I was speaking of the industrial empires of Britain, France, etc. that emerged in the last half of the 1800's.

"The Sun never sets on the British Empire"

In addition to the British Isles, they had lots of Africa, the Middle East, Australia, and much more. And had just won a war with China. Kicked their ass in two seconds.

I think the world needs a healthy dose of European nationalism.

• 29d

Oh yea don't forget India. I believe they had lost Canada by then.

• i can see it mostly red, interesting.
    it's already 2016, so... i don;t know what to expect anymore from this world, anything can happen

• I don't want him to win, but if he takes Ohio AND Florida, he probably will. Hillary pretty much needs to snatch one of those states to guarantee Presidency and I don't think she will. Florida is at 95% votes in and he's at 49.2% and she's at 47.7%. And I live in Ohio and besides my family and teacher colleagues, I don't know a single person voting for Clinton.

Really?

So ohio is mostly red?

Florida looks like its going to be red

Ouuu clinton pushed up hard because of cali lol

Cali had 55 electoral votes lol, that's always a democratic go to state

• Pretty sure he's going to win now, I've been following the election with a map that you can change the states to either party and if he gets some states that are close calls (Michigan, Florida, North Carolina) he's definitely going to win
    http://i67.tinypic.com/ogx568.png

This would probs be Hillary's best chance
    http://i68.tinypic.com/3469nys.jpg

(I do have the rest of the states already predicted so everything else would have to work out exactly for my predictions)

• I'm starting to think that Trump will win. For what I see he's leading now.
    But anything can happen.

• I don't think so, maybe, I don't know! I just hope the USA is in the right hands when the election is over.

• No way, wait till he runs out of southern states

• Yes.

What Guys Said 15

• Trump is going to win,
    All of the polls did not consider the millions who were afraid to say they're voting for trump, due to all the shaming going on by Hillary supporters and the media.

• It looks like he's gonna win. 92% chance according to the New York Times. People are just tired of the establishment that's the main reason I think. Even though he also took donor money and he's rich himself but she is DEFINITELY more corrupt and more of a insider. She spit in the face of all the progressives who voted for Bernie Sanders, she didn't give people a thing!! She didn't get a single person excited. Bernie Sanders would have won today I have 0 doubt about that. They screwed him over and now they're paying the price. I'm not a Trump fan at all but honestly I think they're getting what they had coming to them. I guarantee the democratic establishment is going to blame millenials and Sanders supporters but it's their fucking fault.

• I'll tell you around 11... in the mean time. Stop fucking asking 😑

😂😂😂

sorry though leading by 33 now looks like he will win

I really don't give a shit who wins. Both are steaming piles of elephant feces and wouldn't lose 1 inch of sleep if either of them got crushed by a meteor. As far as I'm concerned, we're fucked either way so it's no concern to me who wins. But for the sake of all that is fucking holy, for the 9000th GOD DAMN TIME, NO ONE FUCKING CARES! Your question isn't original. The answers aren't original. Most people are fed the fuck up with literally the stupid election and regardless of any of the fucking answers, in 2 hours, you'll have your stupid fucking answer

• Yeah it was incredible when polls closed last night eastern time - HRC was 5/1 on and DT 4/1 against, you should have seen the odds drop in a couple of hours

• The only difference between the two candidates is one of them will take it happily that's it
    America is country of institutions not individuals it won't really matter but I support trump

• He might which is kinda surprising.

• Looks like he's going to win
    http://www.imgur.com/055txVj

• The pollsters have apparently moved his odds of winning to like 50%. She isn't winning a lot of the swing states she needs atm, and Virginia looks like it's going red. It's getting scary

Okay looks like Virginia is being called for Hillary, so this isn't over

• I don't know man maybe wait another hour to find out. Why speculate so close to the end?

• If all stays the same, he will win with 302 electoral votes

• Yes.

• If he wins Florida, Ohio, Michigan... it's very possible

• It looks like he will win. He might win Virginia.

• He will likely win.

• The best predictions are as of this moment that Clinton is more likely to win but it's very much a live race.

Trump needs a few things to break his way. To a large extent nothing close has really broken one way or another yet.

He's doing better than expected in Virginia and worse in Ohio. He might get Florida or not. He is unlikely to win without Florida (though it's possible). By contrast Clinton loses Florida she -probably- still wins but we're talking suddenly just over 50% chance.

You can't just look at called states. A bunch of pacific states are called late because polls close later but they are in the bag for Clinton.

Focus first on Florida and North Carolina. A split would be decent for Clinton. Trump could really use both and then still needs more. If both are going trump then start looking at NH and penn. and Virginia and Ohio. Trump needs most of the swing states to win it

Keep an eye on Michigan. Clinton will get better results as more results from Detroit come in but the question is how much better?

If trump picks up Florida North Carolina (which were near toss ups) and snags Michigan (which was considered likely Clinton) while holding republican leaning elsewhere, he's got it.

So watch Michigan with an eye on FLa and NOrth Carolina.