Do you tend to over analyze?

I'm extremely analytically and it can be annoying sometimes. Not so much socially, but more in a practical perspective.

Example.. I can look at something as basic as a TV, and I'll naturally dissect it for what it is. I want to know whether it's using electrodes or film transistors. I'll look at the TV and try to look for any trailing wondering when they switched from an old school CCFL illuminating the screen to an LED. I can look at how the picture dims to it's background and tell you if it's illuminated from the edge or has a full array.

Socially I'm really perceptive with body language. I remember watching the first episode of this TV show called Lie To Me, and I thought it was the most badass show just from watching the pilot. Read a book on this stuff after written by a former FBI agent. I picked up on it naturally prior to that, but after reading about it, I could sort distinguish everything much better. Other than that I think I'm just like everyone else. Paranoid people are usually the most analytical socially. Never been paranoid, so despite the body language, I think I'm not too analytical in that way.

• I over anaylze in a practical sense but not socially
    22%(5)21%(6)Vote17%(1)
  • I over analyze socially but not a practical sense
    35%(8)28%(8)Vote0%(0)
  • I over analyze everything
    26%(6)34%(10)Vote67%(4)
  • I don't over analyze
    17%(4)17%(5)Vote16%(1)

Most Helpful Girl

• what do you mean practical?
    like any given situation in our daily life?
    I am usually an over thinker in general

• Practical. Meaning I'm more concerned with the actual use of something rather than being concerned with theory or ideas.

• ah no I am more conceptual lol
      it s all about ideas for me
      and of course people

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 10

• What exactly do you mean by "to"

• I overanalyze just about everything unfortunately.

• All. The. Time.

• I only over analyze my face

• You're good looking dude... No reason to over analyze

• Oh Wow xD I can't believe I've just been validated by Gag's Alpha hahah :P
      I just think there's always a way to look even better haha

• I don't overanalyze unless it's speculative metaphors. Like staring at a clock and thinking about the concept of time and whether it truly exists etc. I'm too ignant to analyze machines.

• It's more so socially for me. Part of the reason why I'm majoring in Psychology.

• Eh sometimes

• i over analyze my skeletal proportions and my behavior

• lol I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that

• Sometimes.

What Guys Said 3

• Way too much time on your hands, bro.

• Lol I have like an hr to myself everyday what are you on. I get like 6 hrs of sleep a night because of my packed semester.

• Overworked on a project from work I have to take home with me, but I don't spend my free hour postulating about what backlight is being used in a TV. Life is too short for that shit. lol

• That doesn't take much mental effort for me to think about or type. That think about things like that on spot within seconds as I stated on my question. I made this question in about two minutes time. I'm watching the presidential election with my roommate and GAGing. Get off my nuts

• No, I have the opposite problem.

• i over analyze almost everything, and not just things but i like to observe people too.