Is it odd or weird would people think I'm nuts?

it weird that I plan to slowly move myself off the grid and that I have a book that i put a list of farm equipment and a list of animals and how many of each and different sections of the book are labeled kitchen, living room so on and a list of things I would need to do things myself such as making cheese and oil soap , and each section has a estimated cost based off what each thing or animal currently cost. im also 16 and started making this plan at 10 and I started a savings account just for this. know one knows about it but me. Is it weird that I have done this? What would people think if they opened that book?

What Guys Said 41

• I make it a policy to not opine to questions from those less than 18, particularly young ladies. Since there's no sexual content, despite the GAG category, I'll opine here.

It just sounds to me like you a young woman with her head on straight who knows what she think she wants and is planning to get it. I applaud you.

• You want to go off grid? right?

According to me it wouldn't be a wrong thinking, it's fine. It's your choice, if you have your life planned that way, it's fine.

• Since you were 10 at the time you started your list, I have to believe there is more to it than just an interest in the lifestyle. When I was a teen, I too had an interest in a more rural lifestyle. It didn't take long to realize I wasn't interested in it at all. It sounded good, but I didn't want the life it entails. You may be different, but I would think about what was going on when you were 10 years old. "Getting away" sounds so good when life has been tough and you just want simple. I don't think you are nuts, weird or strange at all. You are different , but that is a good thing in m, y mind.

• 28d

Like I said I started planning when I was 10 and have been altering the book over and over till now ware Im actually moving everything to a new book and making sure everything is correct

• Well I think you are a very organized young lady there. At an age where people would be thinking about more material things, you have been planning for the future :) kudos :)

And as of weird, anything /anyone that is different from the masses they term weird. Now weird can be 'better' than them as well :)

• Some people aren't meant for the city life. I'd encourage it. Get off the grid, get a little peace. Would be awesome if you faked your death too...

• No, I think it's smart. To me, it's like learning how to use hand tools before moving on to power tools. There is no better way of understanding something than by going back to it's root. Understanding the simple life will help you understand more complicated concepts from the modern life.

• 27d

Well I also don't think I would do vary well being around lots of people I'm nervous as hell if my dad stands in the kitchen when I'm making a cake

• 27d

Haha! I hate having people looking over my shoulder when I do something, I suddenly become incapable of doing anything.

• 27d

Yeah like don't do that feeling like I'm being tested

• So you what to be "self sufficient" and not rely on the outside world? Sounds lonely and a little crazy. It would be cool if it was a community like in...

http://leolor.cogia.net/covers/00000792.jpg

• I don't think it's weird at all

• i would be intrigued and ask a lot of questions.

• 28d

Why?

• 28d

just because it's interesting. i'd want to know why you want off the grid. and then ask questions about how you could sustain it and make it work. can't say i've never entertained the notion myself

• i would probably start buying up land put in a bunker and live below ground while i farmed all the land above me. thinking you know something about the world coming to an end and try and beat you to it. being safe i lol

• 28d

What?

• 28d

Didn't think about till know like I said first time I have actually said my intentions

• 28d

true enough, i guess i have beat a dead horse long enough lol. you made your point.

• If they read it they will either like it or not. If they like it , then they will think that you are a great writer. If they don't like it, they will think that it is a waste of their time.

• I am sure there are many people who would like to do that

• that's kool!:)

• Somewhere in Alaska or Montana a bearded hermit and his extensive firearm collection are waiting for a girl like you...

• A lot would find it weird. However I am not one of them. I greatly admire those who learn to be self sufficient. Don't be discouraged by any naysayers.

• I guess you're rather disappointed with the election results... Although I may be incorrect, I think the Amish live like this. Old fashioned, "off the grid", making their old food etc. could be worth checking if it's something you're interested in. Don't listen to society, it's you that makes decisions for yourself - not them.

• Doesn't seem weird to me. But I'm not normal though so yeah xD

• Personally I think that's a really cool idea and it's something that appeals to me too, and am even more impressed by your organisation! So no your not weird. What I would say is don't be too hasty to move completely "off grid". Explore other things, places and opportunities first. Also, ask yourself why you want to do it. Because it could be a beautiful and fulfilling thing to do, but it could also not depending on your motivations and state of mind, so just be careful.

• 27d

I don't think I'd do vary well being around people sence people make me nervous I can't stand my dad watching me make a cake

• 27d

I know the feeling very very well. But don't give up on the idea without trying it. Don't just cut yourself off from people. Sometimes you just need to expose yourself to things that scare you the most. I spent 2 years eating my lunch in the toilets because I was so nervous and damn right scared of being around and interacting with people. But then I just decided to push myself one day on the spur of the moment, and it was painful, trust me. But just through exposing myself to the thing I feared I made a few great friends and went traveling around Europe and even went and lived in Africa, and took my life in a different direction.

So all I'm saying is don't settle on your comfort zone yet. Because your true calling could be just a push away ;)

• 27d

Um I want to be a vet and that's what I want to do. dude I'm home schooled I'm never around people I went to normal school for some time but I did eat lunch in the bathroom

• It's a LOT of work. You'll want a man or other women to help. Off the grid means not using money, you don't make transactions. Perhaps you mean getaway.

• 28d

Lots of guys think about it a lot, guy thing. There is safety in numbers, there's danger in too many numbers.

• 28d

Being a vet with income requires a grid connection

• 20d

I normally say home steading and most people who home stead have a sorse of income sum may work at a grocery store or a nurse or the sell stuff at farmer's markets

• Just do what you love.
    And forget about society.
    That's how you live life.

• Lotsa people think the most important things in life are being popular and having piles of expensive stuff. They're superficial idiots. What you wanna do is great! :)

• That is a little strange

• thats not weird at all.
    its normal

• Sounds like you're taking a doomsday prepper path here...

• Nah. Everybody has some sort of plan in life. At school, I act while I'm insane and weird in front of certain people so the won't want to talk to me

• We all have escape plans it's just you seem to have more of a follow through than the rest of us.

• It's fine chill

• No your not weird. Follow your dreams with whatever you want do.

• No, that's trendy and fashionable. Fucking hipsters want to retreat from existence.

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 5

• No, its not weird at all. You are a young adult and a person who thinks and plan ahead. That is how you succeed in life, besides just getting the resources you need to get those plans down. It will take some time. But as long as your open minded to changes in your plans, it should be okay. I was doing the same thing: making a road map for my future before I was even 10. A lot of people thought I was crazy, including the adults. Thinking how "... your a kid, you shouldn't have to think about these things." Says the ones who are still struggling too get where they were supposed to go in life. It will envy a lot of people. But don't give in. You'll make it. And you will find people who eventually shares your views and goals in life.

• It's not weird. It's just what interests you

• Carry on, @soulbabe... Normal and Nice Nature.
    Unique with no Squeak. xx

• Nope, you know what you want and you are working on acheving that. There is nothing wrong with that. If that is how you want to live who is anyone to tell you anything.

• i find it great, rare and admirable. real nuts is that nuthouse we call society and big city life today. totally out of sync with humanity's origins... .