What do you think of women who put their babies up for adoption?

So recently found out I was pregnant and immediately knew I would be giving the child up for adoption. I've received a lot of backlash from friends and family calling me lazy, etc. I'm wondering what YOUR opinion on the matter is? Please note that whatever you say will not change my mind... it's just interesting to hear what people think of these kinds of situations...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think women who don't want children should invest in birth control and condoms - and stop potentially ruining their own child's life. Are you aware of how many adopted children go through abuse and other sick crap. There is a recent case of a couple in Kansas who are accused of abusing 7 adopted kids.

I have read countless stories and personally knew adopted kids who went through hell with their adoption parents. I find it to be so irresponsible, with all we have nowadays, there is no reason someone should be having a surprise pregnancy when they never intended to have a child. Whatever you do with your child is your choice... but please consider this in the future:

1. Condoms, 2. Diaphragms, 3. Birth Control Pills, 4. Birth Control Patch, 5. Intrauterine Devices (though they are costly), 6. Emergency Contraception Pills

THESE ARE YOUR BEST FRIENDS... USE THEM.

I was on birth control. I was also taking antibiotics which made my birth control not work.

Yeah but its pretty common in general for foster kids and adopted kids to go through this stuff, look it up. I once was writing a paper on it and there is a shit ton of stuff that just made me sick. I could see if this stuff was not common, but it is, so it concerns me on the probability of a kid being in the hands of a truly caring parent/family or a group of sickos.

I guess. But there are plenty of shitty biological parents too... and nothing is stopping those people from having kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would too, in your situation. Better than: 1. aborting the baby, and 2. trying to raise a child when you don't feel like a wholesome adult yourself.

There is nothing worse for a child than:
    1. to be killed without even having a chance
    2. for its presence to be hated by the mother (yes, it can know through the womb if it's not welcomed), and to be raised by a bad parent. cause that is how you create a serial killer or serial rapist. By not loving your kid and not raising it properly. So I would rather give it up if I know I'm not gonna be abe to give it the best life it could get. I don't want to ruin any child.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it's her choice and I think they're doing what they think is best for the child

• It's better to give it to a family that can afford to take care of them than have them be with parents who can't. Not judging you by the way, you're in a very tough situation but making sure the child has a quality life, good access to education, and food and shelter if they are to be born.

• Honestly I have no opinion. If you feel you are doing what's best for the child than thats all that should matter.

• I respect them.

• irresponsible b****s, if they have the ability not to.

• I think that, it gives gays a chance at happiness

• one word... PUSSIES

That is where dicks go inside of a woman to conceive a child. What of it?

What Girls Said 15

• I think SOME people may be lazy sure.
    But I think it's respectable what your choice is. To carry a baby to term and then part with it, has to be a terribly hard decision to make, it would be lazier/easier I think (while still hard on its own) to have an abortion opposed to carry it.

You are making a decision that's right for you and the baby, giving it the best life with someone who does want it more and can support it more (and whatever other reasons).
    I think your friends and family, while maybe not understanding, are out of line opposed to trying to understand.

• Meh, I think that it's better for someone to give their kid up to adoption than have the child live with them and be unable to support the child growing up. At the same time though the adoption services are already struggling and full of children who want to get adopted and it's pretty selfish to just be adding to that.

• Well, if they are putting it up for adoption I'd assume they don't personally believe in having an abortion. That's fine. Their body, their choice. I'd also assume that they have decided they aren't in a position to raise a child or simply don't want to. Ok, no big deal. I'd also assume they want to give this child a chance at a good life even though they personally don't want to or are unable to be the child's parent. Good on them.

• If you are convinced you cannot provide the child the best possible upbringing, its a very mature and unselfish decision to make.

• It is better than throwing it in the dumpster. If you're not gonna abort and if you're not wanting to take care of it, then please, yes, put it up for adoption. Don't just leave it on a doorstep or float it down a river or whatever retarded shit people do.

• I personally am adopted. So I obviously am for it, I think it is a better option than an abortion. However, you made the decision to spread your legs, you knew what the consequences could be. SO you were willing to take the risk but now your not willing to deal with the consequences... It's a really difficult topic but Im glad this is a Im putting my child up for adoption rather than abort.

• Well, seems you are mature enough to know that you aren't ready to raise a child and giving him/her an opportunity at something better.

• I think it's a mature thing to do. I would do the same if I can't afford to have a baby I would be really depressed but it's the best thing to do. Especially if I was pregnant now, I even have a hard time paying for my cellphone.

• I think it's 100% fine. You may not be able to afford the baby, and want to give it a more stable life. It's not lazy at all.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. You don't want a child right now. If got an abortion or gave it up no one would be happy so do you.

• I think it's the best decision if the woman can't raise them or just doesn't want to be a mother.

• I think thats a really brave thing of them of them to do and support them. Women rock

• Both sad and sorry at the same time.

• Better than killing them.

• I feel bad for them because it is a tough decision that comes with its own set difficulties. Ultimately, I trust that the woman made the best decision for her and her child.