Would technology be able to collect resources from other planets and return them to Earth?

I wondered this for so long. So apparently scientists want to collect diamonds from Jupiter because the intense pressure from Jupiter's gravity turns the carbon into diamonds blablablah. But i wonder how they would even land on the planet considering its a gas giant and that the pressure turning falling carbon into diamonds that would take many thousands of years on Earth to form. Then again what even is the point... Diamonds aren't rare on Earth, there are so many of them but they are released slowly so that they milk huge dollars out of people

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Nah, I don't think it's possible. It takes an enormous amount of energy and resources just to get there, let alone build a vehicle that's strong enough to withstand Jupiter's immense pressure (most likely it will be crushed).

Nah, I don't think it's possible. Plus, it's not practical because diamonds aren't rare on Earth like you said.

• Yes.

• Its possible.