Do you think a greater force gives us challenges on purpose?

For a lot of people life seems to bring constant challenges, do you think this is to test us and see how we deal with it?
I'm not religious.
It just seems weird, sometimes I wonder, perhaps a greater force in the universe is testing us? ๐Ÿ‘€
Or maybe it rattles down to poor decision making and the fact that humans just don't make things easy for themselves or others? I don't know.

Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe that we are being tested by any greater force unless this force was entirely malevolent. Some of the hurdles that people face make no sense and serve no purpose, they are just unusually and disproportionately cruel.

Life is a product of genetics, circumstances, decisions and chance. We are born a certain way, raised a certain way, we proceed a certain way and we are give a certain set of random encounters. How we navigate that obstacle course comes down to so many factors.

What I do know is that I feel blessed to be the age that I am, as we should all be. For every person of an age there were many thousands of people who never made it to that age.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would hate to think that being raped was "just a test", or being suicidal was "just a test", if that was the case it would be so so cruel.

And I don't think kids in war torn Syria right now would be going through a "test", a test that would leave them psychologically damaged, perhaps for life.
    Thats why I don't even believe in God, because if he lets such atrocious things happen to even babies and children, then jesus christ that is cruel as hell.

• Wait you were raped?

• @Waffles731 Wow, thats so interesting ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I've heard of people being able to do that... Sort of happened to me but not in the same sense at all, I just get dejavu, sometimes I experience a place or a situation or conversation in my dreams before it even happens in real life. Its strange..

• That is paranormal. There are so many things that we don't understand

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 9

• Just remember this Murakami quote :)

โ€œSometimes fate is like a small sandstorm that keeps changing directions. You change direction but the sandstorm chases you. You turn again, but the storm adjusts. Over and over you play this out, like some ominous dance with death just before dawn. Why? Because this storm isn't something that blew in from far away, something that has nothing to do with you. This storm is you. Something inside of you. So all you can do is give in to it, step right inside the storm, closing your eyes and plugging up your ears so the sand doesn't get in, and walk through it, step by step. There's no sun there, no moon, no direction, no sense of time. Just fine white sand swirling up into the sky like pulverized bones. That's the kind of sandstorm you need to imagine.

An you really will have to make it through that violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm. No matter how metaphysical or symbolic it might be, make no mistake about it: it will cut through flesh like a thousand razor blades. People will bleed there, and you will bleed too. Hot, red blood. You'll catch that blood in your hands, your own blood and the blood of others.

And once the storm is over you won't remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won't even be sure, in fact, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.โ€

• Interesting, I feel that we are the universe so it's human fault and their abilities... If it makes sense?

• Yeah I do think part if not all of it is to do with our own decisions. Plus humans are naturally problematic so it certainly doesn't make our lives any easier.

• Nope, society is the only force that we deal with nowadays, and if it wasn't society, than nature would be our thing to fight against if it was necessary to survive

• I always ask myself if there is a higher force they why do they let all the suffering go on in the planet? just because they want to test us what is the point

• No I do not, not even in the slightest. It's the belief in one and thinking everyone else should believe what you believe in that brings a lot of conflict.

• No, I believe it's all random: some are lucky, some are not.

• @WhereIsMyMind can pm me lmao your hot

• no. you have to fight.
    fight, or you won't have a chance of winning. that is the way of the world.

• Well, do you believe in "luck"? Or how about "fate"?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!