Is it weird that I only wanna have daughters?

I'm curious what you ladies think. And guys do you also feel this way?

What Girls Said 8

• Some people feel a really strong connection to one gender. One of my girlfriends was adamant she only wanted boys and luckily she's had 3, I don't know how she'd go if she did have a girl.
    I think it's ok to have a preference as long as it's understood that may not happen

• I know a lot of guys who feel this way.
    Well - not only daughters, but they would prefer it. They can't wait to experience pure love between them as fathers and their daughters. =)

• not weird... each person have their own preference

• I don't think anything of it.

• For a guy, yeah. Nearly all the guys I know would love a son so they can pass down the family name.

• 24d

I'm an only child, so, that's how I am. I HAVE to continue the family name, thus, I'd like to have sons and or daughters

• 24d

My daughter can carry the family name just as well.

• Why only daughters?

• 24d

Lol it's kind of a stupid reason but... I find them a lot cuter. And wayyyyyyyyyyyy less annoying. More mature. And usually really kind as little girls. They're like little angels lol

• 24d

Awwww that's actually so cute lol

• It's not weird, to each their own.

• It isn't.

What Guys Said 16

• When I was younger I wanted sons. Recently like this year the idea of having a daughter has grown on me. Especially seeing my best friends kids. The relationship is just different. I mostly wanted sons, because I feel more qualified to raise a boy. But at this point i'd be fine with either. I do want my first child to be a son, so if I do have a daughter she will have an older brother to look after her. I'm a middle child myself, with an older sister and younger brother. So i'm used to that dynamic.

• Not at all, I kinda feel the same way xD I mean, I wouldn't mind a son, but when I think of having kids only daughters come to mind.

• No, not weird

• Yes, it's incredibly weird. You're dooming your family name to extinction, unless you have a brother. I guess there are people out there that that means something to. I don't have kids, and took steps to ensure I would never have kids, so you see how much it means to me.

• No from my experience girls are easier on the most part if you can lock them away for there teenagers years.
    And then take them back.

• It isn't weird. I think I'd rather have daughters maybe if I had a choice but I don't think I want kids at all

• Yes.

• No, it's not weird but it seems like you hate your gender...

• Yeah, wait til they hit puberty, you may change your mind...

• No, I want to experience that father-daughter bond too

• My brother in law felt this way and as luck would have it the had 3 back to back

• I only want sons because I think a daughter would make me a lot weaker trying to always protect her.

• Hell no I don't want a daughter. Too much to worry about. I'd rather have a son

• Just your preferences, brah

• i dont get it. boy children are more chill

• it is to me. women are the bane of society and are problems