Do you agree that white (European) people have done more than any other race?

Why or why not? Give examples.

What Girls Said 7

• Makes sense - why? Because they've been the most developed---and they also include Americans... because they're, originally, all actually Europeans - excelt the REAL Americans Native Americans.
    Europeans did the most for the progress of science and industrial development, BUT: when talking about spiritual development, nature respect and usage, ancient understanding of the universe: ALL continents had a great part in it, and probably least of all of them Europe. I'm thinking Africa (Egypt), South America (Mayans, Aztecs), ancient China, Japan, India...

• As someone who is from country sandwiched between Europe and Asia and someone who identifies herself as southeastern Europen I still think that Asian culture has way longer history than European. Asians have definitely done many things throughout the history. When Asia was on the peak of its cultural development European tribes were newly involved in the motion of self determination.
    When I think about Asia I imagine old, wrinkled wise man, when I think about Europe I imagine young rebellious daughter of Asia.

• 25d

Where are u from miss?

• 24d

@LaFemmeFatale Nah u show me around and pay for my khachapuri thats will be coo' heh ;)

• 24d

@Jan1ssary_ hahaha oki dream, dream ;)

• The ignorance.

• I agree to some levels if your talking bowt polish czech or romanian then no they kinda mostly work in factories over in the uk ( dont think they've done much) no offence to anyone but its so true. Scotland is famous for inventions and medical science the uk as a whole, germany, italy, france I have to agree with you!

• depends on how you look at it

• yes and we run this world

• Let's see:
    - Europeans have stolen the US from Native Americans.
    - Spain took over many countries.
    - They enslaved black people for many years.
    - They still treated black people wrong (segregation).
    - Many think it's okay to culturally appropriate other cultures.
    And yet I still do not hate them, because I don't hate anyone based on race. Even if sometimes I am treated with disrespect with racial slurs such as: "Chink", "Gook", etc. OR I am told to "Go back to China" But ironically I have never even been to China and I am not Chinese but they assume I am.

• 25d

Spoken like an ignorant racist. Racism is VERY alive and well in China, or is it? Do you know a thing about Taoism, Buddhism, or Hinduism? Chink, gook, cracker, n**, mick, spick... Don't start off with racist posts. No one alive today was involved with that s***.

Chinks refer to "of Asian descent", "squinty eyes", you don't have to be from China.

As far as your selfish take on cultural appropriation, no. You need to seriously rethink that. As far as land, you would do yourself a LOT of good to study Chinese history and the concept of ownership.

You also need to study US history more involving who DEsegragated blacks and who DIED to help free them. They could have easily said slay them all, but no, instead THEY died for them.

Your whole post... just... f*** you.

• 25d

Your post sticks out like a sore thumb, that's why. Be grateful for the attention, racist.

• 25d

For someone who has been a victim of racism, you have a funny way of dealing with it by spreading more racism. Yeah, I'm a huge hypocrit.

Speak factually next time, not racially.

What Guys Said 15

• More what?

Asians probably own the future. Asians are just generally smarter than white people. More culturally ambitious, too. And also taking America increasingly lowering the importance of scientific achievement.

Arabic people would have done the most if Islam weren't incompatible with science, part of the reason The Golden Age ended. "Why do we have to learn shit? God did it.". Christianity was more adaptable to altering perspectives.

But, including all this, white people have made the most technological progress, sure. But that's probably going to end really soon as China takes over. Japan already leads the world in advanced technology. All Asians needed were the fundamentals. Once they had them, boom.

As for more killing or evil, then that's a really tedious thing to answer. A general tallying would put Asians and whites at around the same number of killings when taking the top 10 most deadly incidents in history into account.

• I wouldn't agree that it's true. I wouldn't agree that it's not. Because I don't know. How do you define it? How do you measure it? What relative weight do you lace on things? What period are you talking about? Does something ten years ago carry more weight than something 100 years ago, which carries more weight than something 2000 years ago? Do bad things cancel out good things?

It's so subjective that it can't possibly be answered.

As far as I'm concerned, plants and animals, and rain and sun, have done more than humans ever did. But that's a different matter.

• No.. from 1100s to 1300s Muslim people made a lot of inventions about geography, chemistry, medicine, astronomy and pyshic. There are like 1200-1500 inventions today which Muslim people found and most of them are still being used in this century. Asian people made a lot of inventions aswell so we can't skip them, Europeans made inventions too, every people made good things for the world.

by the way its illogical to say "white" word for only Europeans/Westerns. I am not European but I am more white compared to some Europeans, I am not Black or Asian thats stupid.

• nah. It's just a matter of which era you look at. The Chinese, Arabs, Mongols, and Greek all had empires, established legal and trade systems that encompassed a big chunk of the known world (at their time)
    These empires came up with things like Human rights charters, Algebra, Sailing and navigation instruments, silk, money currency, express mailing system, warfare tactics, paper, and medicine.

It's only in recent era that european imperialsm (Great Britain, France, Portugal, etc.) put Europe on the map for scientific innovation and political power.

• 25d

Greeks are white.

• 25d

Yeah, technically no one is 100% one race, but people are mostly referred to the race that forms most of their genes. So although a French and a Russian don't look the same, they're both mostly white.
      Same for a black American and a black African, you can tell they're different, but they're both black.

• 25d

@AleDeEurope Middle Eastern isn't an ethnicity, Middle East is a region not the place where all people from same blood are living. For some reason most of stupid-ignorants all around the world think like all Muslim people are Middle Easterns or Arabs which is showing their ignorancy. My country isn't in Middle East but however its called Middle East by some ignorants. My country is Mediterranean country and most of people here are white, they have white skin tone and white facial features. Being white doesn't mean being Western or European thats a stupid term founded by a faggot some hundreds of years ago.

Look at Spain, Italy, Greece and South parts of France. Some even look like Middle Easterns, they don't have chiseled jawline like north Europeans, their face is more oval. They are darker compared to North Europeans, especially Greeks and Spaniards ain't white, they are dark people.

• Done more "what"?

All of the World Wars were waged by "white people" so you could say they've done the most destruction.

A lot of modern technology was born of an era where "white people" held technocratic power so you could say they've done the most advancement in that sense as well.

But honestly humans from different regions rarely, if ever, care too much about one another's progress and it wasn't until the advent of globalization that it even mattered.

• 25d

The two most murderous groups in the history of the world would be the Mongols and the Communist Party of China, under Mao Zedong. The World Wars are just more notorious. And white people just get more shit for doing bad things. But really. Level of destruction really doesn't mean that much. Killing is a behavior, and every race has the same behavior. The only difference is level of ability.

Counting just the top ten deadliest episodes:

145,000,000 deaths caused by Europeans
      142,000,000 deaths caused by just China/Mongols, not counting other Asian countries.

According to this thing, anyway.

http://www.bookofhorriblethings.com/ax01.html

In any case, Asians and whites are pretty close.

• 24d

Broken and bitter due to World War I, basically caused by competing Empires that polarized into two alignments. Britain/France/Russia vs. Germany/Austria/Ottoman Empire (to keep it simple). There was too much power at stake (the whole world) to be divided so sharply.

That is many books summarized simply. Here's a good one...

www.amazon.com/.../1933648767

• 24d

I'll probably study this maybe in 2017. I have enough currently hence my just believing you.

• Well, you wouldn't have this beautiful and free life if it wasn't for them soooo the answer is quite obvious.

• Not necassarily, Chinese have done a great deal of things such as inventing the gun powder, paper, compass, clock, movable printing etc. They also built the great Wall. Arabs invented algebra, logarithms and also innovated the numbering system. They also invented the guitar and pioneered colleges and hospitals along with their innovations in medicine, chemistry, physics and architecture. Also the great pyramids were built by Egyptians.

• We have done both good and evil deeds more than any other races. We are the main reason of the technological progress but also guilty of the genocides and wars that happened during the last centuries.

• Done more for the world? Or what are we talking here?

• Have done more on what exactly? This question is too random.

• Done what? Explain it little bit more when you ask a question :)

• smh... an anon... figures

• yes, of course.
    but in terms of mass production, that is questionable.
    the japanese, indians and chinese are quickly catching up.
    you must remember, europeans basically OWNED THEM to mine basic materials like metals as well as do menial work, at a discount price.
    prior to industrialization, this was a big deal.
    in the past the east had many more amazing architectural achievements as well and medicinal and literary.
    Industrialization and education were the two key inventions that sky rocketed development in the west (as well as an open mind).

• 25d

I think the key difference between Asian countries and european countries is that european countries nuture their children, while Asian countries look at their kids as future slaves.

• Whats the difference?

• Disagree. Ancient Chinese Dynasties were actually the most advanced civilizations up until just in the last half dozen centuries. So for the majority of civilized mankind the Chinese have the longest running period of time of being the most advanced.

• 24d

But they came nowhere near the advancement that Europe achieved. China basically achieved a medieval level of civilization, while Europeans put men on the moon.

• 24d

If we're talking about people physically being on the moon no European country has ever done that.

• 24d

My response = I am considering the United States as part of European civilization as opposed to the United States being inhabited by Native Americans.

The Chinese space program grew out of the European space program. By themselves, the Chinese accomplished no more than a medieval level of civilization. There was a great clash between China and Europe in the Opium Wars of the 1830's (?) that shows what would happen if China and Europe went head-to-head based on their own accomplishments.

PS: England kicked China's ass.