How many martial artists are here on gag? what martial art do you know, or learning, or want to learn?

How many martial artists are here on gag? what martial art you know, or learning, or want to learn?

im currently learning mixed martial arts, jiu jitsu, kickboxing, muay thai, wrestling, grappling.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I did wrestling when I was like 6, was the only girl, obviously. And the teacher was Italian so he didn't let me get hurt 😂 creeper kissed my knee when I fell and got a bruise 😂 in other words, I learnt nothing apart from being constantly creeped out by an older man.

Then I did capoeira in my teens, did it for several years, became pretty good at it actually, I was the best in class 🙌🏼 did a street fight/performance near a mall with people from other capoeira classes.

I am currently too lazy to pick it up again, plus I haven't got the money for classes anyway.

• 23d

sorry to hear about that creepy old man, lol
      capoeira is really interesting and awesome.
      in those street fights/performance, how many fights/performance you won?

• 23d

ahan, thats interesting.
      yeah i do agree with you there, it is a really difficult sport

• 23d

We need to see a video of this :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been mastering (5) different (offensive ) arts for 49 years now. San Shou kuai jiao , Muay Thai , jui jitsu , grappling , penkat silat , bone crushing , weapon disarmament (JKD) . I don't do defensive arts , only hard offensive arts. I also instruct a small group in my spare time.

• 21d

that sounds amazing.
      im gonna start learning muay thai after some days. any tips for beginners in muay thai?

• 20d

Asker... That's a defensive move and it's not really as effective in a quick take down. Before you began to discredit your sensei, remember in basic novice learning you will learn the long way around first , then as you began to learn fundamentals the short cuts become more effective. Just listen and learn from him. To learn hard offensive art , you must learn defense first. Anyhow I'm glad to hear your into the arts as well. It's great discipline even as for Buisness relations , and everything else in life... not to mention good way to stay fit with a good mind.

• 20d

okay, well that was very helpful. Thanks a lot.
      and yes i do agree with you there, it is great discipline. and also a good way to stay fit with a good mind.

What Girls Said 7

• Ninjutsu - consists of Taijutsu, Aikido, Bujutsu, etc. Our techniques are from 9 different schools. It's literally too much to memorise; but our Sensei says it's good, because it causes confusion when the techniques need to be applied. When you think about the techniques & names of the Kata, it loses its purity, & you tend to forget them a lot easier. Answer = repetition & muscle memory.

• I used to do Judo & Muai Thai and am currently doing Ninjutsu (Bujinkan), I looked into more than those but they are the ones I've done extensively ~ still really wanna learn some MMA!

• 23d

i love muay thai. i can't wait to learn muay thai, how much time did it took you to learn muay thai?

• 23d

oh okay, i'll learn ninjutsu too after some months

• 23d

U are bad ass female I like it!

• ı used to do kick box

• I do taekwondo but I haven't been as active in it for the last while. I used to train daily.

• 23d

your not active because of your kids and responsibilities?

• 23d

Yes but there are lots of reasons. It's my business so by the time I finish with all the paperwork and stuff I just don't want to think about it lol

• 23d

oh okay, yeah i totally understand that.

• I did it for like a month or 2 when I was a kid 🙊🙈 I wish I could be a professional fighter ughhh

• 23d

You want to be a professional fighter? 😮

• 23d

then learn some martial arts. i'd advise you to learn Muay thai, because i love muay thai and its more awesome

• 23d

@datgirl Oh you find that hot huh? Haha :P I'm studying jiu jitsu, muay thai, wrestling, boxing, judo and a little tai chi. It's fun but very challenging. However the reward is definitely worth it. As long as you can put your ego to the side and not worry about winning or losing or being the best then you'll last long lol.

• I've always wanted to learn karate and maybe even taekwondo

• 23d

then why dont you learn? dont have much time?

• 23d

by the way dont wait for summer. just do it

• 4d

You should take it up... nothing wrong with knowing how to defend your self

• Not yet but im interested I don't know which one would i try

What Guys Said 18

• I was taught Filipino Martial Arts when I was young. Got up to a purple belt. My dad worked with a really cool guy who was a 9th degree black belt, so he taught my brother and I for a year or two. In High School, I was on the wrestling team, so I learned a lot of groundwork and took Jiu Jitsu and Judo classes.

Though, most of my experience in fighting is from street fighting. Not exactly a Martial Art, but, in Martial Arts, people come at you with technical moves. On the street, they don't attack from the 9, 6, 3 position or technical stabs. They swing wildly and do weird shit. But, I've always had a thing for Martial Arts, growing up watching stuff like DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, etc. But, after 9th grade, things happened, and I didn't really have any avenues to train. I probably don't remember any of it, unfortunately. I don't think I'll ever get back into it. I did shortly consider trying to become an MMA fighter. But, eh, that's not the way my life went.

• Tae Kwon Do, MMA (World Championship level);
    Jeet Kune Do, Gatka, Wing Chun (Expert level);
    Capoeira, Kalaripayattu, Eskrima, Ninjitsu, Baguazhang (Adept level);
    Defendu, Brazilian Jujitsu, Kalinda, Savate (Street level);
    Krav Maga, Sambo, Varma Kalai, Karate, Silat (Basic level).

Come from a family of martial artists- my uncle was an undefeated MMA champion for 11 years, and heavyweight TKD champion of the world for 2 years after coming out of retirement (from 2010 to 2012), and still coaches the British national team and Olympic Taekwondo team. Even so, I managed to defeat him in sparring sessions once or twice back when I was in single figures, and he was still in his prime. Never bothered with belts though, since the extortionate fees they charged for grading meant that it would have cost over £2000 to get all the way up to Black Belt, and a lot more for each Dan- my parents didn't have that kind of money, and I didn't need validation.

Most of the disciplines I know are self-taught, from manuals and books. The Defendu book I managed to get my hands on has been VERY useful, and the one which I'm most absorbed in at the present time, especially since it combines many of the strengths of both Wing Chun and Gatka, and it's perhaps the most suited to use out there in the real world; I'm not quite ready or confident enough to start teaching it to other people and doing classes, but I should be ready soon enough.
    Varma Kalai (aka 'chi-blocking', as it's now been popularized in the West) definitely has to be the coolest, and it'll be incredibly useful if I do manage to master it, but it's also the most challenging by far, and I'm not sure if I'll ever truly get it to the extent where I could use it in a fight. If I do though, then it'll be awesome. And for non-combat purposes, it's arguably even more awesome. For instance, did you know that firmly striking a woman's sacrum (the vertebra in the small of her back, directly above her butt), if done properly, will stimulate her sacral nerves, and instantly trigger a sexual orgasm more than 90% of the time? Come on guys, admit it- wouldn't you want to take up this martial art, just to acquire that ability alone?

• 23d

woah, you got some serious achievements man. Thats really awesome.
      by the way how do you know about that sacrum and vertebra thing? and how do you know its true?

• 22d

There are 108 'varmam', or vital points, which are taught in Varma Kalai, but only 64 of them can be used to immobilize people, inflict pain or have detrimental effects. So I did a bit of my own research into what striking the other 44 vital points would do. And the sacrum and vertebra thing? That's actually been scientifically verified- all of the nerves from the female genital region connect to the spinal cord there, at the sacral nerve root. And they've actually found out that if you stimulate this spot, the sacral nerve root, with an electrode, then it'll triggers a full-body orgasm reflex reaction- no matter what. Brain death expert Stephanie Mann was asked, “could you conceivably trigger an orgasm in a dead person?” She said, "Yes, if the sacral nerve is being oxygenated, you conceivably could. Obviously it wouldn’t be as much fun for the dead person. But it would be an orgasm nonetheless." So, no more dead fish- with this technique, you can literally make corpses have orgasms...

• 22d

thats very interesting, but how to make sure you hit it in the right way? i heard that you can try doing karate chops at the sacrum,

• I done know what it's called but my dad taught me the hand to hand and armed fighting style used by the Canadian special forces

• I was doing Turkish oil wrestling around age 12 - 15 it was a tradition in where I live to make dads teach their sons about this sport and compete their sons with others :D

http://i.hizliresim.com/WblGA8.jpg

Now I am learning Pankration which is known as "Ancient MMA" martial arts founded by Spartans.

http://i.hizliresim.com/aX41B4.jpg

Later I want to learn Kravmaga.

• I am practicing Tai Chi with a friend of mine for over 1.5 years now. I practiced a lot of classical wrestling and BJJ back in service.

• I just know pepperspray jutsu.

• Judo - 2nd degree black belt
    Karate - 1st degree black belt
    Taekwando - 1st degree black belt

• I am learning kung fu Wing chun and JKD as well and I am learning from almost 1.5 years now... I learn JKD by myself from video and books than discuss with my wing chun master

• muathai and jiu jitsu at 16

was bullyed and he saw the emrgency room shrotly afterwards lol

almost competed, almost lol

• 23d

bullied

• 23d

its intense condtioning. i use to run 2.5 km, then skip for 20 minutes then a bunch of body excersises all with minimum rest in between... then stretch... then the pad work and sparring begins. this is everyday just to start.

• 23d

hmm, sounds difficult, but exciting too

• I know use gun or chair no jutsu.

• Nak Muay here. 9 months in, training for my first smoker. Considering taking up BJJ and maybe wrestling once a week

• I am. I want to go pro but I know it's not gonna happen.

• 23d

why do you think that its not gonna happen ?

• 23d

Because you gotta have the mentality for it and right now I don't have the mentality. At least not yet. Plus it's a serious lifestyle change you gotta commit too. I'm not sure if I'm ready for it. I can do amateur though.

• Yes I learn martial arts and wrestling since I was kid

• I have done TaeKwonDo, Tai Chi, and Jiu Jitsu.

• 23d

Taekwondo is really awesome, as well as jiu jitsu, dont know about tai chi

• I practiced Tae Kwon Do for 6/7 years, then gave it up, as it got stale for me.

• Years of Japanese marital arts since I was a kid, and years of military hand to hand training when I enlisted.

• Iv practiced judo with my brother wasn't professional or anything though just practicing the through because we use to watch ultimate warrior
    and because i went to a class and got bored as they where just doing the stance rather then breaking planks or anything.
    I also have a good right hook my record is 1258 on one of the punch machines you get in arcades i also know elbow in close quarters though fortunately I haven't ever been in an actual fight. But iv watched quite a few martial arts movies bulletproof monk etc

• 23d

i always find hook difficult.

• 23d

A lot of my strength is in my chest and arms and I use to do shot put so I know i'm good at the explosive power and a thats also a somewhat similar movement.

• You must have a lot of free time.