Do you embrace your body as divine?

For example, in the style of "Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, and fire my spirit." Such connections to the Earth can be amplified by menstruation in women, and the value of one's own female body as a vessel of life.

Furthermore, if ones body is Earth, body hair can be viewed as a microcosm of a garden.

• very much
  • yes
  • a little
  • no
  • no, nothing is divine
  • no. that's idolatrous
  • no, the body is the opposite of divine
21d One commentor made a very good point:

"All of the elements in our bodies are the same elements produced in stars, & we're obviously physically created from the natural processes of nature...& the connection of the female menstrual cycle to the cycles of the moon... is very meaningful."

Also, stem cells from menstrual blood have been used to treat heart failure patients[1] & save limbs[2]

[1] stemcellstm.alphamedpress.org/.../News120.xhtml
[1] www.sciencedaily.com/.../080818220609.htm
20d Here's evidence regarding the body being made of stardust. http://www.physics.org/article-questions.asp?id=52

What Guys Said 28

• Whatever a person's religion (or lack of), I've always been drawn to conceptions of the body as having a spiritual essence. All of the elements in our bodies are the same elements produced in stars, and we're obviously physically created from the natural processes of nature. The "seed and garden or vessel" metaphor you mentioned when it comes to sex is especially meaningful, as is the connection of the female menstrual cycle to the cycles of the moon.

• Yes.. when i wake up.. and explode in the toilet i thank the lord for creating my anus in the perfect way to ensure maximum explosiveness. holy crap.

• The body I now occupy is for shite. While it's "fearfully and wonderfully made," one certain truth in life is that at some point your body will fail and will return to dust. My faith tells me that in the afterlife I'll be in a new and perfect body that will not fail for eternity. I have no clue as to what form that body will have. Surely it will be of a different realm (read up on String Theory and scripture for clues).

• Ha, that's corny.

• Eh, I eat healthy enough but I've never been one for spirituality or anything like that. I think humans overrate their own importance, and this "my body is a temple" stuff is just an extension of that.

• Welllllll YOU certainly look divine

• Nope, nothing is divine.
    It's up to our own little minds to give importance to each thing in our lives.
    We just have to choose wisely about what we give importance to, and if it's real, or all just our imagination.

• 20d

About your update: If you think about it.. we're all star dust.

• A bit too poetic for me! ;-)

But I do agree with the idea. One's body should be cherished and honored with how you treat it, in terms of nutrition, exercise, rest, etc.

• In a sense of being made in the image and likeness of God, then in a way, yes.

• I like that thought process

• You ain't seen nuttin yet

• Nothing is divine.
    We are but the remains of a dead star.

• How high are you on a scale of kite to space shuttle?

• no, I don't.
    Sometimes I feel like I was meant to die a long time ago but through some cosmic fluke I'm still alive and waiting for the reaper to realize he missed an appointment, thats not really holding my body as divine

• Lol what? What have you been smoking?

• My body is a divine temple, wherein my mind and spirit are entombed.

• hm... never thought of this. Nice idea though, I will try it on my next workouts hahaha maybe it gives me more power I get power from the nature who knows lol./ Raise your hands noobs give me power to make the planche

• 20d

I read your updates and I like them. Nice arguments

• Ummmm... what?
    I'm gonna say no, not the way I abuse it.

• what kind of new age bs is that? body is divine cause its a temple of the Holy Spirit.

• I'm the only person who embraces my body :(

• nope, not at all

• My body is my body.

• no, but can I embrace yours? ;)

• No, that sounds rather silly.

• no, nothing is divine

• "All of the elements in our bodies are the same elements produced in stars,"
    ... and so are most other elements. Nothing special.
    *The hydrogen originated from the Big Bang, not stars*
    futurism.com/where-do-all-the-elements-come-from/
    www2.lbl.gov/abc/wallchart/chapters/10/0.html

Your first source itself states that bone marrow and adipose can also be used to treat heart failure.

I'm not going to bother with addressing the garden bit.

I'm really sorry, but stuff like this- trying to take science and twist it to fit some magic, inner self mumbo jumbo- makes me sad. Yeah, we came from the Earth. So did literally every other living thing.
    Whatever makes you feel better I guess. :/

• 19d

"So did literally every other thing." Yeah? That just makes it even more beautiful. It's a form of interconnectedness.

• 19d

It's something everything has in common. There's no magical connection between you or me and anything else.

• Does it count if I view it as - my poop is earth (because that's where it usually ends up in),
    My pee is water (again pee usually gets mixed with water eventually), my farts are air (no explanation necessary), me taking a dump after eating chilli is fire (cause it burns like hell).😁😁

• "Such connections to the Earth can be amplified by menstruation in women, and the value of one's own female body as a vessel of life."

Guess you're implying that female bodies are inherently more divine than men's.

What Girls Said 9

• I believe any spiritual connection to earth, nature, the universe, god,
    or even alter dimensions, can enhance self empowerment, self confidence,
    self realization and self fulfillment, to attain your goals :::
    in the art of living, loving, nurturing and career, no matter what it is.
    That's how i believe.
    But history tells us something else ::: that even the devine or the non spiritual
    can be cruel, ruthless and destructive to nature and the nature of the human spirit.
    That's right . There is an evil collective who honor satan and the illuminati .
    What now of the metaphors of the spiritual and the essence?

• I think my body is divine because I love my body and the way it looks. I don't adhere to a spiritual relationship with menstruation and my body and elements... but yea, I have a strong connection to my body and am proud of it.

• @aledeeurope this reminded me of the video you posted XD
    the one where the girl offers her blood to nature XD

• I believe that everyone has a higher power in them through their soul

• not really

• No, I treat my body like a human body.

• The Bible says that your body is the temple of God.

• Never been thinking about this.

• Nope.