Do you find this to be racist?

"You're really good at cleaning bathrooms, i would pay you to clean mine" but in a joking tone
also telling the person it was a joke

Most Helpful Guy

• How is that racist?

• 26d

My store manager thought so. So he fired me

• 26d

Sounds like you need a new job then.

• 26d

Haha well I got fired so yeah

Most Helpful Girl

• No. How could that possibly be considered racist?

• 27d

Because I got fired for it. My manager said it was racist because a girl complained. He always twists the truth And what people say

What Guys Said 17

• There was no reference made to race so it cannot be racist in and of itself. It's the kind of comment that you would make quite normally regardless of race.

• 27d

Because I got fired for it. My manager said it was racist because a girl complained. He always twists the truth

• No because he's watching you clean he's just kidding around

• 27d

• 27d

I'm calling corporate

• 27d

Good idea

• No, that's not racist. Why would it be racist?

• 27d

• 27d

Wow! That's just crazy. I'm sorry that happened to you. Almost everything now is racial or racist even when it doesn't have the slightest thing to do with race. smh

• 27d

Yup
      And the thing that makes me so mad, is that my store manager would always make comments about my appearance

• hahaha people seem to think everything nowadays can be racist.
    -Good morning, mate.
    -THAT'S RACIIIIIIIIST!!!

• 27d

Right!' I got fired for saying his to someone

• No. Are you just looking for something to get indignant and butthurt about? There's nothing in that sentence that even remotely could be taken as any of the Victim Ism's unless the listener is butthurt all day, every day, about everything.

• 27d

• 27d

Ah, you lost at Victim Poker. Sorry about your luck.

Straight white man < straight nonwhite, not black man < straight black man < gay white man < gay nonwhite, not black man < gay black man < white woman < nonwhite, not black woman < black woman < muslim (any)

Muslim is the trump card in the West. Think of it as a Royal Flush.

So if you're white and female, you can see that according to your place on the hierarchy, you can get away with anything if the other person is a man, unless he's a muslim, but the minute a black woman decides to take offense to something you say/do, you lose.

You're probably better off not being at that job anyway.

At your next job, do like men have to do, and don't interact with anyone higher in the hierarchy unless you absolutely HAVE to. Yah, it sucks but that's the way it is if you want to keep your job.

• It may express that he is lazy to do that

• Nope

• How would that be related to thinking they are superior to your race?

• 27d

• 27d

Did you say that to a customer? Lots of people use that word incorrectly now a days. What is meant from saying that can depend of the tone and context of what happened previously. The way I understood it you probably were giving the person a compliment. "I would pay you money to cook me food or pay money for you to paint me a picture like that, etc." We're in the era of hyper PC though. Anyone can be offended by anything potentially.

• 27d

No to another worker

• If you're in the US I would contact the department of labor.

• How is that racist? Sure, it's disgusting, but I don't see how it's racist.

• 26d

It's not really disgusting
      It's a compliment to me

• 26d

I don't see how it would be racist though

• 26d

I don't either.

• What was the context surrounding the statement?

• 26d

What do you mean

• 26d

What was going on that made the person say that? IE was she cleaning up a spill or something?

• 26d

Yes she was cleaning up

• no
    no

• If they are a different race than you and especially if they are white.

• Of course not

• No I find that hilarious

• It has nothing to do with race.

• 27d

• 27d

What? Thats outrageous.

• 27d

Yup...

• Not at all.

• 27d

• 27d

Saying, "You (insert race of choice here) are good at cleaning bathrooms." That would have been racist. What you said wasn't racist at all. Either your manager just didn't like you, orhe was actually the one that is racist against you.
      Do you ever talk about politics at work? If you do, sometimes people will do underhanded stuff and take the first chance they get to screw over you if they disagree with your opinions on that too.

What Girls Said 4

• How is this racist?

• 27d

• 27d

I'm sorry that you got fired but that still doesn't make sense.

• no it's not. people say that to me all the time when i'm at work, and mopping floors.

• 27d

I'm white and she is black
      Everything is taken as racist

• 27d

yeah. i'm "white," and most of my customers are black. it doesn't bother me. it just makes me feel like i do a good job.

• Racist? No! Rude? Maybe lol

• No, not even a little bit

• 27d

• 27d

See how a lawyer see it.. I bet they agree with you.

• 27d

He also did it went the district manager was on vacation
      He needs permission to do it