Why do conservatives always assume that if someone claims to be liberal, they are automatically a crazy feminist SJW?

I'm a democrat. I am NOT a feminist. I'm actually an anti-feminist.

Sometimes I don't go on this site because sooo many people have conservative views here and it makes me pull my hair out how they describe us as crazy feminist swj's. Like what?

All I want is equality for all and that everyone should have the right to live how they want. I don't think i am a special snowflake, I am pretty blane and un unique and I want it to stay that way. MANY democrates I know (which is mostly everyone I know) have the same views. Those videos of cringey feminists yelling and arguing with everyone who disagree with them... yea I laugh at those too. Most of us are not like that. So thanks. ✋🏼

What Guys Said 15

• 1. Please listen to @bente2. The definition of feminism IS equality between men and women. The reason some people nowadays falsely believe feminism to be about female supremacy is because right-wing assholes worked for decades to bring about this new understanding/meaning. Please, please don't let yourself be fooled by this bullshit. They did the exact same thing already back in the 1960s when black people fought for equality and right-wingers accused Martin Luther King of "fighting for black supremacy". You can also observe the exact same thing in the religiously fundamentalist branch of the republican party where people scream "gay people want MORE rights than straight people!". Right-wingers are a bunch of vile liars. They dismantle any movement for civil rights by painting the supporters of said movement as extremists. Then they keep repeating this bullshit over and over and over again until even good-hearted people believe it.
    2. People use "SJW" like it was a dirty word. What's wrong with social justice? Are you a supporter of injustice?

As a proud liberal, I can only advise you to stick to your ideals rather than letting yourself be influenced by immoral right-wingers. They are the reason there is so much hate and bitterness in this world and they're so good at spreading this that even liberals start to doubt themselves now. We shouldn't doubt our superior ethics do. We should hold them high and be proud of them. Tolerance and support for each other are good things.

• I think it's similar to how people will treat all right leaning people as far right. The fact is that extremes are always the minority and the rest of us are somewhere from the middle outwards.

• Hey dont worry i tend not to judge people to much unless i know all the facts.. I mean we all have different points of views which create different opinions and well thats the beautiful thing about the world we live in is it not? What would be the fun if we were all the same lol..

• Its not black and white personally Id do somethings better than either party
    id take the justice system from holland.
    Start government run workhouses to give home less pepole shelter and education legalise weed but tax it lots unless you have a prescription for MS or depression or something and limit it to ingestion so pepole dont muck up their lungs.
    Id remove any stupid laws like states with no gay marriage and lower the penalty for drinking under age to an on the spot fine.
    Id also both tax and reward universities based on their employment figures over a 10 year period.

• I try not to make that assumption because I actually know several very sane and respectable liberals. But it doesn't help when you see a giant riot or protest of liberals, liberal feminists and all sorts of other people acting crazy and marching pretesting to the rhythm of ignorant media lies.

• You're assuming as much as they are. Sounds to me like you're as guilty as they are... assuming "ALL" of one type of label act a specific way. So, tell me... why do you do it?

• Wrong section

• Most liberals are crazy SJWs, at least most online are.

• Ignorance.

• It's because you can't be a democrat and be an anti-feminist at the same time.

• Why do Liberals always assume that Conservatives are rednecks?

• Personal experience maybe.

• Because thats what they are once they've revealed their true colours.

• Some conservatives think all liberals are crazy feminist sjws and obviously that's wrong. Some liberals think all conservatives are racist, homophobic, transphobic, etc which is wrong also.

I have a super complicated many shades of gray opinion. I consider myself a liberal, and I guess a feminist if you wanna call me that, but yes I want equality. I think in circumstances minorities could have a harder time then whites, but at the same time I don't think all white people have it easy and I take racism towards whites just as serious. I find myself on the middle now. I am liberal but I get tired of the left also. Personally I didn't vote for either trump or hillary, if I could pick I would want bernie to win.

Because I'm ethnically mixed, a latino with indigenous and African ancestry, liberal latinos see me as a race traitor because I didn't vote for Hillary people accused me of being a coon, fake spic, Tio-Tom, etc.

So I personally feel it goes both ways. In my state, there a city mostly populated by latinos and blacks and some white student got assaulted by a bunch of latinos just because he voted for trump and I defended that student because nobody deserved to be physically assaulted for their political view and again I was labeled a coon, fake spic, etc.

Anyways It's wrong for conservatives to assume all liberals are SJWs. And yes I believe in equality between all gender and ethnicities.

• Most of you don't speak up and really distance yourselves. The politicians try to capitalize on SJWs. The left wing news definitely has the element to it. Universities don't seem to feel the need to curb it, but instead acquiesce regularly and in many cases actively encourage it. For many, it's hard to see past that.
    That being said, I understand why some may not say anything. You will also be labeled as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. Bill Maher is quite left wing, yes? But he's been barred from speaking at colleges because he's "Islamophobic."

I am aware that some of you aren't that. They way you describe yourself, you and I aren't that dissimilar.

What Girls Said 11

• same here; i am liberal, but do not consider myself a feminist (i am an egalitarian). yet anytime i say something like, "i don't like tronald dump" or "skimpy clothes are not an invitation to rape someone", people label me an sjw libtard.

god forbid i think we should treat our fellow humans like... *gasp* people!

• 19d

Egalitarianism has feminism in it. If you're an egalitarian you're also a feminist.

• 19d

no, egalitarianism is equal rights for all; modern-day "feminists" cherry-pick which aspects of equality suit them and stomp all over masculinity, to which i say no thank you.

i don't believe that one gender is superior to the other at all. men and women have different strengths, and we need to work together if we're ever to truly be equal.

• 18d

Actual feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. Key word: equality. The extremists you're talking about aren't true feminists, they're radicals that just call themselves feminists.

• I love how you say you want equality but say you're anti-feminist😂 Like, that's the description of feminism? It's so dumb to me that people complain about feminism being bullshit and the meaning of it changed etc, while the only reason meanings change is because people talk bullshit about them. Feminism= the equality of females to males on the grounds of political, social and economical equality.

• Why do liberals always assume that if someone voted for trump they're racist and homophobic?
    Both sides generalize based on their narrow views of that group. Just because they don't understand something they feel the need to insult it.

• That's why I hate labels honestly... I think I'm neither conservative nor Liberal.
    I'm traditional and I have my personal convictions that are not 100% aligned with any group so I won't label myself as conservative or liberal...

• "All I want is equality for all and that everyone should have the right to live how they want." You say you want equality, but the definition of an anti-feminist is "someone who does not believe in the social or economic or political equality of men and women."

• Conservatives also call democrats and liberals, libtards and all other crazy names and claim that conservatives are being called names, but i never see liberals doing this all the time

• I'm not sure myself? Although I can see why because it sometimes seems to go hand in hand.

• I don't think they do

• Plain ignorance.

• Liberals do the same with conservatives.

• Because a lot of them are and they are.